Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #811
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know why or when it all started but it's really just a personal preference. Like for example, I think hornady ammo is pretty but I will never use golden sabers as they are ugly to me.

I'll shoot whatever ammo if im out in the desert though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Unread 09-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #812
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Just wondering why does it matter?
I think certain PD ammo can be finicky in certain guns. Would be a bad time to get a malfunction when you had to use that PD ammo for real.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 08:35 AM   #813
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

While I do have pd ammo for my guns, I am still not a full believer. If you think I am stupid you can always swing by the house. I can put a few fmj rounds through you to show their effectiveness.
Unread 09-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #814
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit
I think certain PD ammo can be finicky in certain guns. Would be a bad time to get a malfunction when you had to use that PD ammo for real.
I wasn't asking why PD rounds and unlike Greg I am a believer in PD rounds. I was wondering why Grand ZJ was saying that his rounds had to look good. They are all going to look the same after being fired anyway. IMHO, find a round that works well in your gun. My Khar seems to like Hornaday Critical Defense, it has never had a malfunction with that ammo. The same cannot be said for feed it Golden Sabers. I had two separate instances using that. One, a stovepipe and the other a failure to feed. My Glock on the other hand is not a big fan of the Hornaday. The little plastic tip hits the feed ramp and causes failures to feed. Never once had an issue with Golden Sabers in that gun but those are still pretty expensive rounds. Now I load it with Winchester Ranger SXT. I have tested extensively with that ammo. Just ask Puck or Power. Both of them were amazed that I was shooting it instead of FMJ on an outing in the desert. More than 100 rounds of it through the gun and never a problem.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #815
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

In any of my guns I have never had a problem with any ammo I have shot through them (glock, beretta). I've always just pulled the trigger and it shot.

I just like nice looking ammo no real reason except it looks good in my gun lol

Unread 09-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #816
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
In any of my guns I have never had a problem with any ammo I have shot through them (glock, beretta). I've always just pulled the trigger and it shot.
X2 on this with the exception of an occasional fail to fire on "bulk" type .22 LR rounds
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #817
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You should try the Hornaday Critical Defense. While I never have a problem with it cycling in my Khar, loading the first round can be an adventure. LOL

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #818
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I love the hornady critical defense rounds. Im actually carrying some hydrashoks in my beretta.

Unread 09-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #819
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cor-Bon.
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #820
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Cor bons are nice but I can never find any. Who has some 9mm they want to donate? Lol

I got some black talons and was thinking of carrying those in the new beretta?

Unread 09-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #821
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wasn't asking why PD rounds and unlike Greg I am a believer in PD rounds. I was wondering why Grand ZJ was saying that his rounds had to look good. They are all going to look the same after being fired anyway.
I totally missed what you were saying And agreed, function over form.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #822
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I like hornady personally. I've got some gold sabers in the LCP and they fed fine and the only reason I have them is that was the only defense ammo I could find in .380.

I wish I would have taken pics of the groups the 1911 was punching. Really impressed me.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #823
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I carry hornady critical defense in the glock 19 and in the 1911.

In the p32 I just carried ball. Figure that little thing needed as much oomph as it could get.

Glad to hear the Ruger 1911 was everything you hoped it would be! I would have had one by now but I blew the money I set aside on gettin the jeep back on the road. Oh well. Guess I just need to save up again.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #824
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was planning on picking up a 1911 when I got back. There is nothing like sending a flying ash tray down range but I guess with the threat of my pay not coming through, I should hold onto all the money I have, just in case.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #825
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I was planning on picking up a 1911 when I got back. There is nothing like sending a flying ash tray down range but I guess with the threat of my pay not coming through, I should hold onto all the money I have, just in case.
So do you still work if no pay happens?

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.