Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #766
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know of a place where I can get reasonably priced custom made wooden 1911 grips? I've got an idea for my dad, and want to do something different, but obviously don't have a ton of money to spend.

Ps, this is the GUN thread, not BRAKES thread! Rofl

Unread 09-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #767
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where's the moderator when you need them?! Rofl! You're a bad, bad boy.
Unread 09-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #768
sirhk100

Here, moderate this!!! LOL, kick me off a jeep forum, see what I care! LOL Last I looked there was nothing jeep in my driveway!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #769
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

At least that's gun related! You know you love us!
Unread 09-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #770
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That is acceptable lol.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #771
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Did you ever get a TJ hood to mock up to?
Unread 09-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #772
sirhk100

Yeah, I went by adams this morning to barter some diff covers and expected them to have at least one TJ there.... Wouldn't you know it, nothing... So I swung by chapman and my uncle took me around back and we found a customer's jeep there for service that worked. LOL

oh... and...

bang f bang u bang c gun!!!!k!!!

I'll go ahead and hide these here, nobody will find them...

TJ

JK

Unread 09-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #773
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I really like that! Is there a way to change it so the mounting holes become studs underneath so they're not visible once installed? Would make for a much cleaner appearance. Like the old school hood scoops. I just know a lot of people prefer to not have visible screws/bolts/rivets on the outside of the body.

Could fold the outer lip underneath and attach threaded studs so one could drill the hood and attach with nuts and lock washers or nylock nuts. Would make a cool product and awesome product. I would almost definitely buy one for mine.
Unread 09-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #774
sirhk100

The plan right now for the JK 100% is going to be stainless steel rivets. There's too much of an under hood structure to use bolts IMO. On the TJ, up in the air right now. Will either be button head bolts or rivets also. Welding studs on adds a pretty substantial cost and we're looking to hit the market around the same price as the louvered ones but with something totally different! I can promise for everyone of you that would rather not see the bolts there's just as many that do. Can't please everyone...

BTW, those pictures make it look like it's really tall! It's got some shape to it for sure but it looks really exaggerated in those photos imo.

Unread 09-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #775
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Send me one for my YJ I have rivets.

How much of an opening is there in square inches?? It should move the heat out. Looks better than most out there and I could paint it the same color as my hood.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #776
sirhk100

They're gonna be steel painted black from us pretty much as seen above but... Ignore all the nasty grind marks and crap you see. Those are first samples and need a lot of improvement before I'll accept and allow them to start production.

If you're ever on the east side of town/henderson with your YJ, I'd actually love to lay one on your hood and see if the curvature of them fits it. I actually have a TJ one in my garage and could check it at my house in evenings or weekends or if during weekday working hours you could easily swing by my work too. JK and TJ hoods look flat but they aren't. The louvered ones on the market right now are flat but thin enough that they'll take the shape of your hood. With the forming of these though, these won't do that so I had to make sure to match the curvature of the hood. That's all I needed a TJ hood for right now was to check the profile for gaps. I'd be curious if by chance they do work on the YJ though.

I'd have to check my cad at work next week for opening sizes. we'll be providing a cut template of what we'd recommend to cut your hood. The TJ's can get away with quite a bit of opening... The JK, not so much cause of the underhood structure. At least our template isn't going to allow for as much cutting. If people wanted to cut more, they can, but we're not going to show it on our template. Someone like me, I'd probably cut way more then our template is going to suggest but not everyone is so liberal when it comes to cutting holes in their vehicles. LOL

Unread 09-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #777
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
They're gonna be steel painted black from us pretty much as seen above but... Ignore all the nasty grind marks and crap you see. Those are first samples and need a lot of improvement before I'll accept and allow them to start production.

If you're ever on the east side of town/henderson with your YJ, I'd actually love to lay one on your hood and see if the curvature of them fits it. I actually have a TJ one in my garage and could check it at my house in evenings or weekends or if during weekday working hours you could easily swing by my work too. JK and TJ hoods look flat but they aren't. The louvered ones on the market right now are flat but thin enough that they'll take the shape of your hood. With the forming of these though, these won't do that so I had to make sure to match the curvature of the hood. That's all I needed a TJ hood for right now was to check the profile for gaps. I'd be curious if by chance they do work on the YJ though.

I'd have to check my cad at work next week for opening sizes. we'll be providing a cut template of what we'd recommend to cut your hood. The TJ's can get away with quite a bit of opening... The JK, not so much cause of the underhood structure. At least our template isn't going to allow for as much cutting. If people wanted to cut more, they can, but we're not going to show it on our template. Someone like me, I'd probably cut way more then our template is going to suggest but not everyone is so liberal when it comes to cutting holes in their vehicles. LOL
Wanna check a XJ?

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #778
sirhk100

GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're at Marns tomorrow you're welcome to cruise by and we can slap it on your hood... The scoop thing that is... I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999% sure it won't fit right but would only take a minute and assuming you're getting off 95 at either trop or flamingo to go to his house I'm all of about 2 minutes out of your way most likely depending on if you hit every light red or not. LOL

Unread 09-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #779
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're at Marns tomorrow you're welcome to cruise by and we can slap it on your hood... The scoop thing that is... I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999% sure it won't fit right but would only take a minute and assuming you're getting off 95 at either trop or flamingo to go to his house I'm all of about 2 minutes out of your way most likely depending on if you hit every light red or not. LOL
remember to bring Mtn Dew!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #780
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Does anyone know of a place where I can get reasonably priced custom made wooden 1911 grips? I've got an idea for my dad, and want to do something different, but obviously don't have a ton of money to spend.

Ps, this is the GUN thread, not BRAKES thread! Rofl
I might have some rosewood grips I took off my 1911 you can have. I'll have to check the garage tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.