Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #691
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
"has" "had" who is keeping track anyway haha. I never said I wasnt a loser! Never said I was one either though...hmmm!

The world may never know!

One way to find out what i've got....come pounding on my door at night!
SOOOO saving this and then knocking on your door at 2 AM when I get back. When the cops show, I am just going to tell them that I wanted to look at your firearm collection and show them this!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 01:09 AM   #692
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The cops wouldn't be called until the threat was taken care of....

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #693
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
The cops wouldn't be called until the threat was taken care of....

Posted from outer space.
That assumes threat. I am just there to marvel at his collection.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #694
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I remember reading an article where they took a glock and dropped it out of a helicopter on a concrete surface. Afterwards they picked it up and started putting rounds through it like nothing ever happened. While I don't own one, I have nothing against then. They do have an "Apple“ type cult following though.
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #695
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I remember reading an article where they took a glock and dropped it out of a helicopter on a concrete surface. Afterwards they picked it up and started putting rounds through it like nothing ever happened.

Almost ANY firearm I have ever seen or owned could do that. Heck.. a helicopter door isnt much further off of the ground than Andy.
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #696
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Nothing wrong with Glocks, they wouldn't be so popular if they were poorly made; they are just not for me.. or Marn, or Sturgio, or anyone with any sense of individuality and style
All guns go bang, who cares what they look like. If you really wanna talk style... Ask anyone on here that's seen Kermit. I'm willing to bet nobody on this forum has anything that stands out from the pack more then Kermit! Toss every gun on this forum in a pile, and I bet Kermit draws first eyes faster then anything else in that pile! You may laugh at kermit but I still bet its the most attention getting hooptie outta the bunch at first glance!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #697
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Almost ANY firearm I have ever seen or owned could do that. Heck.. a helicopter door isnt much further off of the ground than Andy.
I think they dropped it from above 500 feet. If I remember right it was loaded and they also wanted to prove that it would not fire when dropped. Just Google Glock torture test.
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #698
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post

I think they dropped it from above 500 feet. If I remember right it was loaded and they also wanted to prove that it would not fire when dropped. Just Google Glock torture test.
I watched the vids, they droped it from a plane @ 500 feet into a field. They then emptied a full mag to show it worked. Idk if it was accurite though, they didnt show that.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #699
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Ahhhh well that makes a bit of a difference now doesn't it
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #700
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #701
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
SOOOO saving this and then knocking on your door at 2 AM when I get back. When the cops show, I am just going to tell them that I wanted to look at your firearm collection and show them this!
When I look out the peep hole and cant see anybody standing there, I'll know its you and will react appropriately, haha.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #702
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

All guns go bang, who cares what they look like. If you really wanna talk style... Ask anyone on here that's seen Kermit. I'm willing to bet nobody on this forum has anything that stands out from the pack more then Kermit! Toss every gun on this forum in a pile, and I bet Kermit draws first eyes faster then anything else in that pile! You may laugh at kermit but I still bet its the most attention getting hooptie outta the bunch at first glance!
I still think you should paint the end of the barrel orange like a toy gun...

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #703
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The biggest problem I have is glock owners. "I throw my gun in a pile of dirt, soak it in urine, and take general ****ty care of my gun, and it still shoots. I love how all the torture tests show it shoots, does it show how accuracy has changed?
So I guess my problem isn't really with glocks at all, more of a problem with wannabe D bags. There you go problem solved.
I was shooting one time with a friend and his friend who I had never met. Me shows up wearing all black, with a huge knife as well as an axe that says zombie slayer on it. He then puts on a pair of gloves to shoot at cans. Then he asks me if I would like a "defensive shooting tactics lesson". I literally laughed in his face. He said he wasn't joking a would be more then happy to "help me with my stance". I told him no thanks, ill let him kill all the zombie cans. He loses his mind and tries to tell me how plausible a zombie out break is. People really are crazy.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #704
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
The biggest problem I have is glock owners. "I throw my gun in a pile of dirt, soak it in urine, and take general ****ty care of my gun, and it still shoots. I love how all the torture tests show it shoots, does it show how accuracy has changed?
So I guess my problem isn't really with glocks at all, more of a problem with wannabe D bags. There you go problem solved.
I was shooting one time with a friend and his friend who I had never met. Me shows up wearing all black, with a huge knife as well as an axe that says zombie slayer on it. He then puts on a pair of gloves to shoot at cans. Then he asks me if I would like a "defensive shooting tactics lesson". I literally laughed in his face. He said he wasn't joking a would be more then happy to "help me with my stance". I told him no thanks, ill let him kill all the zombie cans. He loses his mind and tries to tell me how plausible a zombie out break is. People really are crazy.
Make sure you don't talk to Terry....

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #705
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
As i read this, i can only shake my head. Some people take things too far. I understand being prepared for an emergency, but to really think sifi stuff will happen is over the top.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.