Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

136K views 3K replies 40 participants last post by  Grand_ZJ 
#1 ·
Remington 700 SPS Tactical, Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50, McMillan M40a1 stock, Harris 6-9" bipod in Duracoat flat dark earth

Gas Grass Bicycle part Pipe Auto part

Almost complete...gotta hit the range this weekend.

See less See more
#1,524 ·
i shot the .17 like once this year....there is no ammo in production for the 8mm Lebel, but I cant get rid of that because it aint mine technically.

Again....FOUR .22s.....but i cant get rid of the crummy old one because it was kind of a gift and i think its rude to sell something somebody gave me.

#1,526 ·
So by your logic...my beretta 92fs, LC9, G17, and Ruger p95dc(?) all being 9mm should be thinned down? I have put MAYBE 100 rds through the beretta, and haven't shot the old Ruger in like 6 years. Those two should be sold? Blasphemer!

#1,531 ·
Where's the fun in that?

Issue with the mossbergs is that 1 is a collector piece, that shouldnt be shot too too too too much, one of them is a perfect condition shooter, and the 3rd is a rode hard and put away wet shooter.

So, need to keep the collector, need to keep a shooter....that leaves only 1 to sell.

#1,528 ·
Mossberg 42C. Fairly rare these are. this is the old "raunchy" one I talk about. Vintage weaver scope of roughly the correct time period, and the mossberg brand scope mount is period correct (1935 methinks). I also have a model correct rear sight for it that I paid a bunch for (was missing when purchased)

Shoots straight as an arrow.

Rossi 62SA (copy of winchester 62). Dang near perfect condition. It's a takedown rifle (separates into 2 halves). I think Chad has first right of refusal on this one though, he asked me way back to let him know if I ever sell it.

#1,530 ·
Beretta 92 will probably be my next gun. I've wanted one since I was a kid watching lethal weapon. I also need to pick up a higher quality high powered rifle to hunt with. My mid 60's 270 works but I think I need something a little more updated. That and hunting with an M1 garand is really not practical.

#1,547 ·
Dr. Marneaus said:
Wtf. Dani is all 'huh? Don't sell your guns just because you think you have too many' Dammit woman.
That sounds like permission to get more guns if I've ever heard it!!! DOOOOOEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!

#1,549 ·
Who all is going? It sort of defeats the purpose if it just us. Would be much more fun with a few more people.

#1,555 ·
Gotta rearrange the gun safe and whatnot to see if I can get by without a new one.
Is that really a big job? Serious question cause to someone like me, that sounds like 5-10 minutes worth of stuff to do... I mean I'm assuming your gun safe isn't like an entire room.

BTW, you asked a week or two ago who BJ Baldwin was to Merrick I think... This is him and this is in his house...

#1,556 ·
sirhk100 said:
Is that really a big job? Serious question cause to someone like me, that sounds like 5-10 minutes worth of stuff to do... I mean I'm assuming your gun safe isn't like an entire room. BTW, you asked a week or two ago who BJ Baldwin was to Merrick I think... This is him and this is in his house...
No not a big job but I was makin small talk in the gun thread.

I spent maybe 20 minutes on it last night and wasn't happy with the me result.

The way it works is you can set the shelves to different heights and whatnot. The top shelf has a cut out on one side for long guns to stick up through.

The safe has rifle 'racks' on both sides with a divider in the middle.

I prefer to store my magazines and bulk ammo in the safe.

I was previously only using one side of the safe for rifles and the other side was shelves. I am trying to use both sides for rifles to avoid clutter and to avoid banging them together when taking them in and out. This combined with all of the above makes it a bit of a puzzle to try and find what will be an ideal configuration that meets my needs and maximizes the space.

At this point I have too many guns and too much ammo to fit them both in the safe. Guns would fit and ammo would fit just not together so I am simply trying to find the best way to make it work for both. Does that make sense?

I got it setup last night to fit the guns perfectly but it only holds half as much ammo now and the biggest gun I have ( the 1893 Lebel) is too tall to fit in there as configured

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.