Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #286
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4 View Post
Thinking about getting into reloading I figure I can go shoot more if I reload my ammo

That gun should be closer to $800 im not bidding just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Thats if you can find components. good luck with that right now!

powder, primers, projectiles, all gone from shelves.
I seriously considered getting into reloading. The problem with it right now is that unless you are already set-up and have all the stuff you need, it is cost prohibitive. Once prices come down again, I'll look into it again.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #287
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

as mentioned, unless you have a ton of cash to drop on a big ole progressive setup or at least a turret, reloading anything you shoot high volumes of (that isnt normally super expensive) really isnt worth it.

On a single stage, you arent going to crank out 1000 rounds of 9mm and save any money, especially if you are looking at the time involved.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #288
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've got an old rifle that rounds are very expensive for and Iíve been thing about getting a basic reloading setup just to make rounds for it. Can you guys point me to a good starting place for learning about reloading?
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #289
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

what caliber?

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 05-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #290
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
I've got an old rifle that rounds are very expensive for and I’ve been thing about getting a basic reloading setup just to make rounds for it. Can you guys point me to a good starting place for learning about reloading?
Rcbs rock chucker. It's single stage. You'll need dies, powder measure, scale, reloading manual, bullets, brass, powder, primers, brass tumbler, a SOLID, level bench to mount everything to, and lots of patience.
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #291
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i got into a full reloading setup for basically $50 bucks...but thats a long story.

Unread 05-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #292
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

I was looking at the lee progressive 1000 press it comes with the dies for one caliber I found it for under $200 ive looked at the scales and tumblers then priced the bullets, powder, and primers the initial start up cost is a lot but after you have the tools the cost goes down
I think it was about half the cost when you buy enough for 1000 rounds or more
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #293
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

From what im seeing on reloading if you dont shoot a lot it might not be worth it I have been going out almost every weekend and shooting around 200 rounds as long as I can find the ammo to replace it I have a hard time finding 45 so mostly been shooting 40
I have found some 45 but $50 for a box of 50 is way high
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #294
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Progressives are worth it if you are going through a ton of rounds. I'm guessing you are a glock guy and should have no problem shooting lead slugs. If by chance you are a 1911 owner I've found them to be much more picky when reloading.
For some people they find reloading more enjoyable then shooting. My dad is one of these people and he uses it as a therapeutic stress reliever. The repetition and exactness of process ending with perfect loads really relaxes him. If you are like me you only do it out of necessity and it will get boring real fast. I would suggest if serious finding someone with the set up you would like to have and load a couple hundred and see how you like it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #295
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A buddy of mine got the hornady lock n load system. He seems to love it, and it's not terribly expensive. Wait for them to offer their rebates. I use a dillon 550b, and am somewhat satisfied with it. I get inconsistent powder charges. Don't know if its me, or the loader. The RCBS ones aren't terribly expensive and are accurate. Any way you go, it's going to consume a lot of time.
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #296
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

I do have a few glocks but to shoot lead rounds I would need an aftermarket barrel like the wolf barrel
There is a few 1911's ive had my eye on for a while though
I like the glock for one I can get any part for it alot of the parts are interchangeable and being able to pull it apart and install a trigger in less then 10min is great

But if I buy a good 1911 and keep it clean it would be a good gun
I also shoot my rugers and my smith&wesson
I am selling one of my rugers though once it sells I was thinking of getting a sig
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #297
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4
I do have a few glocks but to shoot lead rounds I would need an aftermarket barrel like the wolf barrel
There is a few 1911's ive had my eye on for a while though
I like the glock for one I can get any part for it alot of the parts are interchangeable and being able to pull it apart and install a trigger in less then 10min is great

But if I buy a good 1911 and keep it clean it would be a good gun
I also shoot my rugers and my smith&wesson
I am selling one of my rugers though once it sells I was thinking of getting a sig
What kind of ruger?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:03 AM   #298
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

a decent read for Yahoo http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...115720522.html
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #299
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
What kind of ruger?
took the words right out of my mouth!

Unread 05-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #300
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

I have the ruger p94 40 cal thats for sale and a ruger sr9c

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.