Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 04-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #226
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
Which Kahr? The ones I shot have been smooth shooting for small guns.
The CM9. It is an awesome little gun.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #227
sirhk100

I had a Kahr CW45 and while I liked the gun itself, it was too small of a frame for a .45 caliber. The damn thing hurt after 2-3 magazines thru it! LOL I'm a pansy though so you real men might like it. It would've been an awesome carry in a smaller less painful caliber. Anticipating the hit made me inaccurate with it. My first shot of the day with it was always dead nuts on and then it would get worse and worse as the day went on. LOL

BTW, the trigger was the same as yours andy on that cw45. Couldn't barely feel it click when it actually went off dry firing it. You'd hear it but barely feel it. And then the reset, you really had to pay attention to figure out where it was.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #228
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

The CM9. It is an awesome little gun.
Ditto. It was that or the Shield and I got tired of waiting for the S&W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I had a Kahr CW45 and while I liked the gun itself, it was too small of a frame for a .45 caliber. The damn thing hurt after 2-3 magazines thru it! LOL I'm a pansy though so you real men might like it. It would've been an awesome carry in a smaller less painful caliber. Anticipating the hit made me inaccurate with it. My first shot of the day with it was always dead nuts on and then it would get worse and worse as the day went on. LOL

BTW, the trigger was the same as yours andy on that cw45. Couldn't barely feel it click when it actually went off dry firing it. You'd hear it but barely feel it. And then the reset, you really had to pay attention to figure out where it was.
Try the 9mm Khris. No hammered hand felt recoil with the 9. I wanted the CW for the extra round in the mag but felt like the CM was just a little bit easier to conceal with how I dress.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #229
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ugh, now I'm gonna have to look at the Kahr CM9 again before I continue to actively pursue the XDs .45.
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #230
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Ugh, now I'm gonna have to look at the Kahr CM9 again before I continue to actively pursue the XDs .45.
They have cm9 and cw9 at American shooters to rent if you actually want to test it out. Or if you are in no hurry, shoot mine next time I go out.
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #231
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit

They have cm9 and cw9 at American shooters to rent if you actually want to test it out. Or if you are in no hurry, shoot mine next time I go out.
I think I might take you up on your offer, ranges don't like it much when you test fit rental guns in different pockets.
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #232
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That story in Florida was a .38 revolver, if I'm not mistaken. A .38 packs a bit more punch than a .380. I guarantee you though, if those same six rounds were placed in the upper torso(lungs/heart), the outcome would be different! Bullets don't like hard structures like skulls! They much prefer softer tissues like skin, muscle, and blood....it's all about center mass shots. More likelihood of hitting something good. Besides, a "bleed out" is just as goo as a decent head shot!
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #233
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well I went and picked up another G23 on sunday. I love the 40 cal round for a CCW weapon. Will post pics later when I get home from work.
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #234
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

I think I might take you up on your offer, ranges don't like it much when you test fit rental guns in different pockets.
Hah, this is true. Might be going to CCSP on Thursday night. We'll figure something out one way or the other.
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:40 AM   #235
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No need to put a rush on it for me; I am in absolutely no hurry. I am completely swamped wrenching on my rig this week getting ready for the marathon so I wouldn't be able to do anything this week anyway.
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #236
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
If the two of you can't find time to get together, I'll let you shoot mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Well I went and picked up another G23 on sunday. I love the 40 cal round for a CCW weapon. Will post pics later when I get home from work.
I have a G27 as my alternate CCW gun. I picked up the Kahr because I wanted something in single stack. If I could have found a .40 single stack in stock somewhere I likely would have bought it.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #237
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
If the two of you can't find time to get together, I'll let you shoot mine.
Cool thanks
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #238
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How do you like the 27 andy? I find the glock sub compacts to be way too small. But again I havent really messed with a compact much. Maybe id like it.
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #239
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
How do you like the 27 andy? I find the glock sub compacts to be way too small. But again I havent really messed with a compact much. Maybe id like it.
I like it. I found that with the sub-compacts, you have to have a pinky extension. No two ways about it. There is a bit more kick with it than with a G23 or a G22 but it is managable. Currently, all my guns but my CM9 are at my Dad's house in Texas. When I get back from the sandbox, I'll make a trip down there to get them.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #240
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

There is a difference between a head shot and a kill shot. The kill zone is eyebrows down to upper lip. Vast majority of people think fore head but the fore head is the strongest part of the skull. That's why so many people die trying to defend against a bear. They shoot them in the thick part of the skull and they keep coming due to lack of penetration. Self defense, center mass all day. Any caliber center mass will cause enough damage to cause possible death. Another reason why self defense rounds are used for self defense. Use them for what they are for, turning soft tissue into jelly.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.