Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #151
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Got a call from ruger with a tracking number for my single six. Finally on its way back home. I hope it stays trouble free from here on out.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #152
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Got a call from ruger with a tracking number for my single six. Finally on its way back home. I hope it stays trouble free from here on out.
I should have bought that one i was asking about.

we coulda had a single six-off

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #153
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Yep that was a pretty good deal. Oh I don't know if I posted about the police found another stolen gun of the FIL's. it was his Taurus 8in raging bull. It was hacked down to a 3in by what could have been a hammer and chisel. He let the police keep it because it was wrecked.
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #154
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Yep that was a pretty good deal. Oh I don't know if I posted about the police found another stolen gun of the FIL's. it was his Taurus 8in raging bull. It was hacked down to a 3in by what could have been a hammer and chisel. He let the police keep it because it was wrecked.
He should have taken it back, probably has banger blood on it! Lol effing doosh bags!
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #155
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

lol can you imagine a 3" .454?

I guess it'd be like a ruger alaskan or whatever. Which i want.

Wtf these things are like $1200 now? They were 800 new just recently. god damn panic gun buyers.

this one is in boulder city, apparently.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #156
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

There was a gp 100 for sale a few days ago. I've always wanted one and should pony up and buy it. But I'm trying not to buy anymore guns this year until I get some projects finished up.
Unread 04-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #157
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

you and me both.

I was drooling over all kinds of stuff the other day and then realized there is an axle sitting on my patio that will require a few hundred bucks to wrap up and get stuck under the jeep.

might wanna get on that.

Unread 04-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #158
sirhk100

That gun looks like a painful palm killer.

Listening to Hannity on the radio just now on my lunch break he played a sound bite from some female gov official in colorado that was awesome!!! How are people that are so insanely ignorant qualified to govern on the topics they do. She clearly things magazines are bullets!!!! She in so many words explained that high capacity magazines are used in guns and if they're banned, the ones that people currently own will eventually get shot and then they won't be around anymore. I can't say word for word what she said but seriously, she thinks magazines are the bullets!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #159
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I agree that there are warning signs for those that are going to go on a rampage and all too often those warning signs go either unnoticed or unheeded. That however is only part of the problem. The shooter at Newtown was noticed and heeded. He was a known psyhchotic and had been diagnosed with a personality disorder, asperger syndrome, and sensory integration disorder. Under the care of a psyhchatrist for most of his life, he was not allowed under Federal Law to own a firearm. Yet, that did nothing to stop him and for most news agencies, that part doesn't make the news. Basically, all it proves is that if there is a will, there is a way. The same day in China a man walked into a school and stabbed something like 80 students.

My main point was that walking down the street, for the most part, you can't tell the nuts from the sane. You can't read a persons mind and you can't foresee every eventuality so therefore, legislation does nothing. That is why the NRA proposal works. All these nutcases know is force on force. They should know that if they walk into a school and start shooting they are going to be met with force. Instead; our elected officials make it illegal for my sister, a law abiding teacher with a concealed carry permit, to carry in her place of work. They make it illegal for me, a law abiding Government employee with a concealed carry permit, to carry in my place of work. How does that make any sense?
I agree, there is no "silver bullet" (get it? silver bullet? Ah, nevermind!)

Anyway, These politicians have absolutely no common sense. The knee jerk reactions are all aimed at making it tougher for law abiding people like us to own guns. They don't address the real problems.

The only thing I can think of to do is get involved in the next election cycle and make darn sure these idiots are not re elected.

They are calling semi auto rifles "assault rifles"
I don't like that term. I have a semi auto hunting rifle. I guess it is an assault rifle as defined by those idiots. When they say " who needs that many rounds while hunting?"
I do.
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #160
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
What was up with your single six?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #161
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

That was faster then expected I dont even think it took 60 days to get my ccw
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #162
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

What was up with your single six?
Something up with the timing on it and it wouldn't cycle the cylinder or pull the the hammer back. They replaced the hammer and internals now it works great.
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #163
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4
That was faster then expected I dont even think it took 60 days to get my ccw
It took forever to get mine. I actually called them because it was taking so long.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #164
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
It took forever to get mine. I actually called them because it was taking so long.
I have to renew mine on November, 2014...don't ever let it expire!
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #165
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think I would have to become a nv resident to get one. Most states still do not recognize that mil spouses do not have to be residents

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.