Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 109 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 02-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #1621
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I also found some .25 ACP. It looks like it should be for a toy, cute little baby bullets.

matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #1622
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
I have memory ninja skills. I also forget every time it's my turn to empty the garbage or wash the dishes.
Haha it's all good, I like giving you a hard time about it
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #1623
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Somehow, I don't think this is legal.
image-239251872.jpg

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #1624
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Somehow, I don't think this is legal.
That's awesome! Talk about skirting the tow rating of your rental! Rofl
Unread 02-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #1625
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

We shooting Sunday?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #1626
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

So I've been contemplating a revolver for concealed carry. I was leaning toward a s&w with a concealed hammer then I saw these today:

http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/725/spec

Has anyone shot one before?
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #1627
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Interesting design cause the chamber is on the lower cylinder rather than the top cylinder.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #1628
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

They are not small. Not as small as a j frame S&W anyways. I have held them at shot show a couple of times and they just don't look like the would be easy enough to conceal.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #1629
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Warboar is right they are not small. The recoil is supposed to be much lower because of the barrel being lower in the gun and apparently it does work (talked to a guy at the range who had bought one) but it is just a little to funky for me. I would get a S&W or an LCR if it was me. Taurus revolvers are a decent choice as well.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #1630
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

They are a smart design but the grip is pretty stubby, and I don't know if you've seen the cut away view of the internals, but there is basically a little wizard inside there that makes everything work....

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #1631
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Marlin 17VS for sale. Rifle, 4-16x40 scope (includes extra sun shade), bore snake, 3 factory magazines and 500 rounds of .17hmr

$400 for anybody on here, more pics upon request. Only problem is a tiny crack on the front of the stock that has been there for as long as i can remember and never gotten bigger.

little crack:

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #1632
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

On the concealed carry pistol subject I got to looking around online last night and I discovered they have a concealed carry version of the judge with a polymer frame. My primary concern honestly is wild life while we're on the trail and I like the idea of a shot shell option. That would make it allot easier to hit a rattler in a hurry. Has anyone fired one of these with the polymer frame? How horrible is it to shoot?
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #1633
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Why not just open carry on the trail and not worry about polymer versus steel frame. I have fired one and the damn thing is a literal hand cannon. I personally would've felt more comfortable with a steel frame version, or even better a S&W governor.

But what does anyone's opinion on here mean to you, you're just gonna do whatever and when it doesn't work, complain! Haha. Besides, have you seen a snake yet out there? I have only seen one that was 12" long in all the trips I've been, and I would've been able to grab my single shot .410 if needed.

Basically, buy a truly concealable weapon and then buy your "snake handler" haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #1634
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've seen a rattlesnake on trail once in the 10 years I've been hiking out here. I've never been worred about a bite or even in remote danger that would require me to draw my firearm (not that I dont carry however).
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #1635
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I, personally, would never own a judge, not use one for any type of defense. I guess if you are shooting birdshot you could hit a rattler easier, but I doubt you'll ever run into that situation.

Just curious, but have you ever seen videos on how the judge patterns? I've seen a few videos/reports reports where from about 20 feet, 1 of the 3 00 pellets in the .410 shell MISSES a human sized silhouette. Thats pretty bad. They also are not known for being very accurate with .45LC either due to the ridiculously long chambers.

keep in mind you can get shotshells for any number of calibers, so if you wanted to just carry a .357 you can always have it loaded with a .357 shotshell or three

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.