Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 04-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #136
sirhk100

I'd pay to hand Terry my 19 and see him hit a 220 yard target on the first shot again! Maybe even like a whole dollar even...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #137
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
Without the cost of brass, I'm reloading .308 for about $0.60/rd which is way better than the $1.25-$2.50 per round for comparable (or even inferior) factory match ammo. Add to that the fact you can't find any of the stuff around town anyway...
for real.

you get higher quality ammo tailored to your exact needs for significantly less!

Try finding a reduced plinking loaf for my .45-70 thats commercially loaded. Nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'd pay to hand Terry my 19 and see him hit a 220 yard target on the first shot again! Maybe even like a whole dollar even...
Right?

Terry, we'll have to try and replicate this next time we go out.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #138
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Especially if you have your long range loads down to a science. You can load some seriously accurate rounds. Then you turn around and sell them to others at $2 a pop. Or you are like me and load 1,000 of .223 and have to hammer them all out because you didn't make sure your measure was measuring properly every time. Now I check every 10th round.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #139
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Especially if you have your long range loads down to a science. You can load some seriously accurate rounds. Then you turn around and sell them to others at $2 a pop. Or you are like me and load 1,000 of .223 and have to hammer them all out because you didn't make sure your measure was measuring properly every time. Now I check every 10th round.
I am checking EVERY round. My RCBS powder measure is pretty good...+/-.1g but I've become pretty obsessive about consistency.
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #140
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
lolz. that sucks.

Also cannot legally engage in the sale of your reloads unless an 06 FFL or something stupid like that.

Sellin' em to your brother or buddy, nobody will probably notice, but you cant like, actively sell them.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #141
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
I am checking EVERY round. My RCBS powder measure is pretty good...+/-.1g but I've become pretty obsessive about consistency.
Ha.

I just dip my little scoop into a cereal bowl full of powder, use a business card to scrape it off, and then dump it in the casing.

Highly scientific, i tell you.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 04-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #142
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

You really have to with the kind of shooting you are doing. Most of what I load is handgun and I'm not as worried about it. The stuff I load up for my garand I'm pretty careful with just because I don't want to break it.
Unread 04-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #143
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

lolz. that sucks.

Also cannot legally engage in the sale of your reloads unless an 06 FFL or something stupid like that.

Sellin' em to your brother or buddy, nobody will probably notice, but you cant like, actively sell them.
That's the law.
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #144
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Until someone figures out a way to read a persons thoughts, nothing they do will help. You can't tell if someone is a criminal or not by the way they look. You can't tell if someone is going to snap or not. Laws do not deter criminal behavior and they never will. Laws, like locks, just keep honest people honest. If the laws detered criminal behavior than nobody would commit murder and nobody would do drugs. Another law about guns means nothing for the criminal populace.
In some cases, there are people who know. Unfortunately, it isn't 100%, but nothing is ever 100% anyway. Take Lucinda Roy, professor at Virginia Tech.

Here's a good article about her. She warned everyone who would listen, and nothing...
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...ubled-students

There were warning signs for the Columbine shooters too. And the same with the Colorado movie theater shootings.
People close to these nut cases knew these people were not right. Often it's teachers who really know who the future nuts and convicts are going to be.

We have spoken and you know I am not in favor of any bans on particular weapons or magazines. That will clearly do nothing.
Nor do I favor gun registrations of any kind.
I have even thought of letting kids take target shooting classes in Gym class to familiarize them with the safe handling of guns. That might help cut down the frequency of accidental shootings.

This subject needs to be thought out and studied. We don't need knee jerk reactions (Like the present proposals) but there is a solution to every problem.
So far I like the NRA proposal of having trained armed guards in schools.

People need to know they are going to pick up their kids from school without being full of holes.
Some of these kids were literally shot to pieces. Not acceptable...
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #145
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hi, I've got a question for you all. I moved here a few months ago and recently a coworker said something about a thing called a blue card she said I have to get for each of my guns? What exactly is it and do I actually need one for every gun? Sounds like a huge hassle considering I have allot of guns. Plus a couple of them are antiques we don't fire. Thanks!
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #146
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Hi, I've got a question for you all. I moved here a few months ago and recently a coworker said something about a thing called a blue card she said I have to get for each of my guns? What exactly is it and do I actually need one for every gun? Sounds like a huge hassle considering I have allot of guns. Plus a couple of them are antiques we don't fire. Thanks!
You live in clark county then you need a blue card for all your guns the antigue gun that dont get shot I would say you are fine but then what do I know I dont live in clark county and therefore dont need to register my guns or have any blue cards
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #147
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't do it...haven't you seen red dawn? Thats how they track you
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #148
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4

You live in clark county then you need a blue card for all your guns the antigue gun that dont get shot I would say you are fine but then what do I know I dont live in clark county and therefore dont need to register my guns or have any blue cards
From what I understand you just need a blue card for pistols. A blue card is just a registration card.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #149
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
A blue card is a registration receipt only. All handguns (revolvers, semi auto, pistols, etc.) must be registered by taking them to a police station and completing the necessary paperwork and allowing them to inspect them. I am not sure how antiques are handled, I recommend calling ahead.

Currently long guns do not require registration.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #150
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
In some cases, there are people who know. Unfortunately, it isn't 100%, but nothing is ever 100% anyway. Take Lucinda Roy, professor at Virginia Tech.

Here's a good article about her. She warned everyone who would listen, and nothing...
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...ubled-students

There were warning signs for the Columbine shooters too. And the same with the Colorado movie theater shootings.
People close to these nut cases knew these people were not right. Often it's teachers who really know who the future nuts and convicts are going to be.

We have spoken and you know I am not in favor of any bans on particular weapons or magazines. That will clearly do nothing.
Nor do I favor gun registrations of any kind.
I have even thought of letting kids take target shooting classes in Gym class to familiarize them with the safe handling of guns. That might help cut down the frequency of accidental shootings.

This subject needs to be thought out and studied. We don't need knee jerk reactions (Like the present proposals) but there is a solution to every problem.
So far I like the NRA proposal of having trained armed guards in schools.

People need to know they are going to pick up their kids from school without being full of holes.
Some of these kids were literally shot to pieces. Not acceptable...
I agree that there are warning signs for those that are going to go on a rampage and all too often those warning signs go either unnoticed or unheeded. That however is only part of the problem. The shooter at Newtown was noticed and heeded. He was a known psyhchotic and had been diagnosed with a personality disorder, asperger syndrome, and sensory integration disorder. Under the care of a psyhchatrist for most of his life, he was not allowed under Federal Law to own a firearm. Yet, that did nothing to stop him and for most news agencies, that part doesn't make the news. Basically, all it proves is that if there is a will, there is a way. The same day in China a man walked into a school and stabbed something like 80 students.

My main point was that walking down the street, for the most part, you can't tell the nuts from the sane. You can't read a persons mind and you can't foresee every eventuality so therefore, legislation does nothing. That is why the NRA proposal works. All these nutcases know is force on force. They should know that if they walk into a school and start shooting they are going to be met with force. Instead; our elected officials make it illegal for my sister, a law abiding teacher with a concealed carry permit, to carry in her place of work. They make it illegal for me, a law abiding Government employee with a concealed carry permit, to carry in my place of work. How does that make any sense?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.