Firearm carry on trails - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Firearm carry on trails

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 10-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #31
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
What are the requirements for the shooting test? I can still shoot straight, but my coordination isn't what it used to be.
7' 15' and 21'. something like 15 shots each?

Keep em all within the 7 ring and you're golden.

Some places make you do funky stuff like shoot one handed and shoot non-dominant.

American shooters just had me shoot at 21, and considering i had ZERO issues at that distance they didnt make me waste any ammo on the 15' and 7'

I put together a little self-contained kit to toss in the jeep for wheelin trips, or to grab on my way out of the house in an emergency. Should pack a lil more oomph than my sidearm.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #32
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

lol wtf 7 reloads? haha
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 12:15 AM   #33
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
lol wtf 7 reloads? haha
Mhm! 33 shells (28 00's and 5 slugs) plus whatever flavor is in the gun.

Whole idea is to have a "bug out bag" or "grab-n-go" setup for a each of my "main" guns, this was the first one to be completed. Next will be a setup for the M1A. Perhaps a vest, perhaps just loading my drag bag.

Its not meant to make me survive the apocalypse or whatever, but if i ever was running out the door, it would be great, or if i simply wanted to grab itin addition to whatever else i was carrying, so i could toss it to an unarmed friend.

Bottom line is its a decent amount of ammo and a firearm all in 1 package that i can grab with 1 hand.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #34
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Double ought and slugs...my shoulder hurts just thinking about it...or maybe it's from putting a box of rounds through the 30-06 sunday...
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #35
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
lol wtf 7 reloads? haha
There's never just one zombie.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #36
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That rig has since been updated...sold the pump gun and picked up a semi auto...its the same, but a lil different.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 11-23-2011, 01:13 AM   #37
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, you are right, never just one zombie! AR-15 with six 30rd mags to get you home safe!!
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #38
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing says zombie gun like a ruger 10-22. Range, no, power, def not, but i can hold two 550 round boxes in one hand
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #39
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover
Nothing says zombie gun like a ruger 10-22. Range, no, power, def not, but i can hold two 550 round boxes in one hand
So true. Mines always with me

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #40
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Zombie tip of the day: If someone you love is turned into a zombie, don't try to hug them because they're just not the same anymore.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #41
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A zombie would make the best guard dog ever! Never have to feed it or walk it. You could just spray it off with the hose to wash it. If someone gets in your yard and gets eaten, you can just tell the cops "well you know how zombies are" the best.
Unread 11-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #42
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://www.lolroflmao.com/2011/11/21...brains-zombie/

I've known girls who would agree with this ...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.