Firearm carry on trails - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Firearm carry on trails

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-16-2011, 03:55 AM   #16
sirlasvegas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
This is an interesting firearm story. Apparently in Florida people got fed up with their doctors lecturing them about the dangers of gun ownership, so the state passed a law making it illegal for doctors to ask their patients whether they owned guns. A group of doctors, who apparently feel strongly about protecting their right to lecture their patients on gun issues, brought a suit in federal court to try to block the law. How bad must it have been if they decided to pass a law on this?

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/09/15/...e/?mod=WSJBlog

Two questions:

Under what circumstances (aside from treating gunshot wounds) should a doctor be lecturing you about gun ownership?

How long would it take you to find a new doctor if he/she was lecturing you about your guns?
ya, wtf is that nonsense? The chafing or rash you could get from your CC holster could get infected or something? lol I cant imagine what argument your physician could possibly make, or what business it is of theirs to ask any firearm related questions. Id tell him to keep it medical, or Id find a different doctor.

Unread 09-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #17
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Over the years, I've known many Dr's. Most in Florida since we just moved here 5 years ago. As a patient, a few of them asked about my home environment. Them asking if there are guns in the house went along the same lines as asking if there were drug users, pets, insect issues, mental history and if the home is in a high crime area. They only asked once as a complete patient history.

I knew plenty of patients who took offense to the line of questions and took the series as an implication that guns were somehow associated with drugs and bad neighborhoods. I'm sure there are a few anti-gun Dr's there, but every one of the ones I knew didn't care if one of their patients owned a firearm. What concerned them most was if that patient owned a firearm and had a history of mental illness.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #18
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't have my Nevada CCW, but I'd be down to take the class if anyone else wants to join?
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #19
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm sure if we get enough people interested in taking the CCW class we could negotiate a group rate.

Instructors from Tactical West lead the classes at Bass Pro Shops. Large classrooms and shooting lanes. Saturdays 9a -6p.
Unread 09-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #20
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

When I took the class two years ago it cost me 75$ at the gun store. The class was easy and shooting was cake.

CCW class 75$-100$
Actual CCW 100.25$

But I always carry when I'm wheelin' or around town.

And if a store says no firearms allowed you don't need to keep your gun in the car. There's no law that says you can't carry it into stores. That's what I think is stupid. The only thing a store can do is ask you to leave nothing more. Kinda hard to rewrite nevada law if your walmart lol
Unread 09-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #21
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, depends on the wal mart and your attitude. Wal mart has talked to me numerous times but not once asked me to leave. If you aren't rude or aggressive and come across intelligently , they are usually ok with it. It's the ignorant customers you have to worry about!
Unread 09-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #22
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

What are the requirements for the shooting test? I can still shoot straight, but my coordination isn't what it used to be.
Unread 09-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #23
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I don't remember what the shooting quals are I forgot. But its so easy that if you don't pass you shouldn't own a gun lol

Yeah if you don't act stupid its fine to carry a gun in walmart open carry. Hell I've done it in a bank and nobody cared except for the guard which was on edge when he saw me.
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #24
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
I don't remember what the shooting quals are I forgot. But its so easy that if you don't pass you shouldn't own a gun
Don't quote me, but when I looked it up a couple months ago it involved shooting one handed at like 5 feet with each hand, including a reload and then like 10 feet using both hands including a reload. And they put a time limit on it. Although that would only affect you if you spent like 30 seconds aiming each shot.

Whatever it was when I read it I was like, well that's ridiculously easy
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #25
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Probably be out shooting on Saturday I anyone's interested!
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #26
Xodius
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Yup, Ju-ly the first!
Dang, Doc you are here too! Seems we keep running into each other.
Xodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #27
sirlasvegas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Id like to get my CCW at some point as well. Ive always thought it would be funny to take the coarse with my P22, just because I could probably do it blindfolded. Now with the new law, you dont have to add all your semi autos hg's to your CCW anymore. Qual with one, and its good for any semi you own. Same with revolvers; qual with one, and its good for all your revolvers
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #28
Xodius
2008 JK Wrangler 

There is a CCW course at Nellis which is pretty good. You do have to pay for it though, where as the one at the Gun Store is free ATM, but then again it is the GunStore and if you are a shooter here in Vegas you know their rep and will generally not shop there even with a gun to your head.
Xodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #29
sirlasvegas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodius View Post
There is a CCW course at Nellis which is pretty good. You do have to pay for it though, where as the one at the Gun Store is free ATM, but then again it is the GunStore and if you are a shooter here in Vegas you know their rep and will generally not shop there even with a gun to your head.
and that about sums it up lol
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #30
Tadunga
1985 CJ7 

Glad I came across this thread. I had no idea Nevada changed their ccw requirements. I have been holding off on getting my ccw until I bought the gun I wanted to carry. Now I don't have to wait. Thanks
Tadunga is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.