JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   Firearm carry on trails (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/firearm-carry-trails-1261607/)

Powrjunkey 09-05-2011 07:57 PM

Firearm carry on trails

It is always a good idea to have some kind of protection on trails from hostile people and wildlife. Just make sure you are legal and your weapon is legal. If you have a concealed carry permit, you can carry concealed in all state parks and now even in national parks. You can also carry loaded and chambered! Some people who don't like firearms may carry pepper spray or tasers, but I'm not sure on the legalities of carrying tasers concealed. I always carry my firearm with me whether on the trail or at the grocery store. Just make sure you are aware of postings on stores and know your laws and rights.

Powrjunkey 09-05-2011 08:01 PM

Nevada is an open carry state which means that as long as you are a legal owner of the firearm and it is carried in plain sight, it is perfectly legal to carry a loaded, chambered firearm. Also if you have a concealed carry permit, it becomes legal to carry concealed in state and national parks. The only problem with all of this is that some people carry a firearm and get a false sense of security because they are not proficient in defense use in panic situations. So get training if you are unsure.

sirlasvegas 09-06-2011 03:33 AM

Yup. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it :)

Powrjunkey 09-06-2011 04:02 AM

A firearm is a tool for security, self defense, and keeping the peace. It becomes a weapon when used to intimidate, scare, or wreak havoc. The same applies to any other tool whether it is a hammer, axe, chainsaw, or fighter jet. The difference is in the person, not the object.

adams1985cj 09-09-2011 09:43 PM

I heard Nevada has changed the ccw laws letting you carry any semi auto as long as you qualify with one is this true?? Or do you still need to qualify on all guns your carry.
Thanks
Adam

Powrjunkey 09-09-2011 10:28 PM

It changed in June or July, you qualify with one semi auto, it covers all of them. Same with revolvers.

sirlasvegas 09-10-2011 02:52 AM

revolvers has been that way for awhile. Believe semi autos went in affect as of july 1st

Dr. Marneaus 09-14-2011 07:58 PM

Yup, Ju-ly the first!

YouStupidBunny 09-14-2011 08:12 PM

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive place to take the CCW class? I've had a Florida CCW for over 15 years and until a year and a half ago it was good here in Nevada.

Powrjunkey 09-14-2011 10:16 PM

The gun store on tropicana does the class for free. Metro charges for the background check and fingerprinting. It's like 115 or 150, can't remember

YouStupidBunny 09-14-2011 10:39 PM

I've seen the ads for The Gun Store's classes. Are you sure they are free? I was thinking of just taking the class at Bass Pro Shops since it's close to home, but if it's free somewhere else I'm there.

Powrjunkey 09-14-2011 11:25 PM

I'm pretty sure it's free right now. My neighbor is uber-Jew and he was telling me that they ate still offering them for free. Might be worth it to give them a ring to double check. Guys are decent there, not too condescending like at some places.

davidsonlaw 09-15-2011 09:47 PM

This is an interesting firearm story. Apparently in Florida people got fed up with their doctors lecturing them about the dangers of gun ownership, so the state passed a law making it illegal for doctors to ask their patients whether they owned guns. A group of doctors, who apparently feel strongly about protecting their right to lecture their patients on gun issues, brought a suit in federal court to try to block the law. How bad must it have been if they decided to pass a law on this?

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/09/15/...e/?mod=WSJBlog

Two questions:

Under what circumstances (aside from treating gunshot wounds) should a doctor be lecturing you about gun ownership?

How long would it take you to find a new doctor if he/she was lecturing you about your guns?

YouStupidBunny 09-15-2011 10:01 PM

:laugh: I used to go shooting with one of my Dr's when we lived in Florida on his boat.

We won a storage auction before it was all over TV and cool. In the storage locker we found a large collection of remote control boats and planes. We took his boat off the coast and took turns trying to shoot down planes and sink little boats with an AR15. It's harder than I thought it would be.

davidsonlaw 09-15-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny (Post 12178695)
:laugh: I used to go shooting with one of my Dr's when we lived in Florida on his boat.

We won a storage auction before it was all over TV and cool. In the storage locker we found a large collection of remote control boats and planes. We took his boat off the coast and took turns trying to shoot down planes and sink little boats with an AR15. It's harder than I thought it would be.

That is totally awesome. I watched Top Gun last night, and I think it would be great to pretend to be Maverick while some commie tries to shoot me down. :)

The time now is 11:27 PM.