Dumont Dunes Presidents Day Weekend - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Dumont Dunes Presidents Day Weekend

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Dumont Dunes Presidents Day Weekend

Anyone up for some sand? Let the air out and keep the shiny side up. Will be out there Wed thru Mon. I camp near the Ranger Station. The Las Vegas Jeep Club will be there for the 41st Presidents day in a row. There is a hillclimb competition and sand drags. Plus plenty of entertainment from the usual suspects. There is always the one who is using moms Rhino and decides to roll it all the way down comp hill. They are (hopefully) unhurt, but mom's gonna be pissed!

This is last years poster, this years poster has a website on it, so I don't want to put it up.

If anyone is interested, post here. Maybe we can meetup at the north pole.

Cheers,

Unread 01-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Now that does look like some fun.
Unread 01-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

One of the days we will wheel to the War Eagle Mine near Tecopa.

We take the Sperry Wash trail that follows the Amargosa River. Several shallow crossings.

Make sure you have fresh flashlight batteries. I goes on like this for an hour walk. Then it goes down a ramp.

This is the ramp that goes down to the lower levels. It's about a 30 degree slope.

Another view of the shaft going down. It looks flat, but it is fairly steep.

There is plenty of time to plan this. Dust off the tent, or break out the camper. It's a great way to spend Presidents day weekend. Some sand cruising, watching sand drags and hillclimbs, (Unless your Jeep is badarse, then get in on it) An old gold mine daytrip, sitting around a campfire with other Jeepers and sandrail people.

Or, you could clean the garage that weekend!
Unread 01-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #4
doz
2012 WK 

I unfortunately sold my quads due to a new baby. My brother still has a little VW powered rail so maybe I can convince him to get it out. LOVE Dumont and cant wait to get back into it in the next year or two.
doz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #5
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I'll be there like every other weekend in the winter! RZR, quads and if I can swing it I'm going to try and get the jeep out there this year.
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

If anyone can make it out, our circle is next to bathroom 12. Would still like to do a meetup, maybe at the North Pole?

ATT- 702-481-3938

Verizon- 702-513-6820 I don't have texting on this phone, it's a work phone.

Weather supposed to be very nice next weekend.

I have a green Sahara that looks stock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.