Couple pics from todays jeep outing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Couple pics from todays jeep outing

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
undergroundjeep
1980 CJ7 

Couple pics from todays jeep outing

Decided to go Jeepin today, went up by Red Rocks and found some sweet stuff that hasnt been hit. If any of you guys go out crawlin or just to hit some trails give me a text and ill go 970-769-1679. I live over by Durango and Blue Diamond.

80 cj7 Jeep 4 seater Buggy - Atlas 4:1, V8, built turbo 400, 800 stall, Art Carr, 4 linked, Bilstein coil overs, 60/14, 5:13, chromo axles, ARBs, 40" stickies, TR bead locks, suck down winches
www.undergrounddiesels.com Las Vegas #1 Diesel repair and performance shop.
undergroundjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like fun, you sure are brave......for putting your phone number on the forum.

Nice looking rig.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 03:33 AM   #3
sirhk100

Alright... I'm trying to figure something out. You're rear suspension... Are you on coils with a single leaf still there to locate your axle rather then using control arms? How's it not wrap up the axle? Do you have a traction bar or something on it too?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
undergroundjeep
1980 CJ7 

Yes there is a traction bar on the rear. It works but its time to step up to 4 link soon. Next week it gets re worked for a rear seat (for the kids), a dash, body panels and a few other small things. In a few weeks after that 4 link.
80 cj7 Jeep 4 seater Buggy - Atlas 4:1, V8, built turbo 400, 800 stall, Art Carr, 4 linked, Bilstein coil overs, 60/14, 5:13, chromo axles, ARBs, 40" stickies, TR bead locks, suck down winches
www.undergrounddiesels.com Las Vegas #1 Diesel repair and performance shop.
undergroundjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
sirhk100

Makes sense! Keeping the existing coils or changing out to something different there also along with the links?

I'm interested to see how the back seat works out. None of the pics above are really good angles but it sure looks like there's not a whole lot going on behind your front seats space wise! Funny how these rides are never ending projects!

Looks like a cool ride though either way and from the description in your signature it sounds like it's got the major strength parts covered nicely!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

I hope that's not in little red rock area if so we used to be able to wheel there but now its off limits
Unread 03-21-2012, 02:56 AM   #7
Danegerous
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Man, I would be willing to go anytime, well...unless I'm working. Is there anything I can wheel with a '99 TJ with RE 4.5" on 33" BFG MTs? Awesome pics, looks like great wheeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
I once slipped with a rotary wire brush that burned through my jeans and left a very nice deep gouge in my leg.

If it had been up a little higher, I'd have gone from a rooster to a hen.
Danegerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4 View Post
I hope that's not in little red rock area if so we used to be able to wheel there but now its off limits

Just come in the back side and play dumb. I am really good at playing dumb... at least I think I am playing.

You can get to that area from Kyle canyon or the end of Tropical. There are not signs everywhere, so as long as you are not dumping stuff or being an arse, you should not have any issues.
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #9
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Just come in the back side and play dumb. I am really good at playing dumb... at least I think I am playing.

You can get to that area from Kyle canyon or the end of Tropical. There are not signs everywhere, so as long as you are not dumping stuff or being an arse, you should not have any issues.
I did that at nellis once, but I really didn't want to drive onto a shooting range.
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

We used to wheel that area 4or5 years ago there is a lot of petrocliffs up there that's why it was closed off
Unread 03-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
SmackLayer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Can you give some more details about how to get to this area? I have seen this area from Summerlin but every way I have tried to get in to that area there are signs that say no trespassing or they are physically blocked off by big boulders.
SmackLayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.