Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 995 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #14911
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Oh I love any vehicle's also but if i had to choose chevy or ford itd be chevy. I absolutely LOVED my 2003 Trailblazer I had, I beat the **** out of it and it never quit me. I regret getting rid of it.

One car I want to try and see how it drives is the fisker electric cars, they are pretty gorgeous.

Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #14912
sirhk100

Pepsi

And I'd prefer a Ford 4wd TTB setup with a chevy motor whenever I go into the ford vs. chevy argument. I'd take a new corvette over the new GT500 too. Although, a ford GT vs. the new corvette, not sure... Would definitely have to drive both first hand to answer that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I need to update the list a little but I have the aerial atom and a 30's rolls left. It's great to find people that share the same enthusiasm I have for cars.
RIP chuck strange but your comment on engineering plus the rolls statement made me think of this. He died just a month or so ago but was a regular at most desert races!

Yes, it's 4WD, yes those are real beadlocks, yes it's caged, yes the interior was still rolls and is damn nice! I really wonder what's going to happen to this car now that he's gone. He was a stuntman in his prime and has been called the evil kineval of trucks. That dude should've died a long time ago in a few wrecks he had that's for sure!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #14913
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I absolutely LOVED my 2003 Trailblazer I had, I beat the **** out of it and it never quit me. I regret getting rid of it.
My exact feelings towards my old exploder!!! Hence why the jeeps for sale still and there's an exploder in my drive as it's replacement!

Unread 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #14914
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That's pretty cool. I bet he did it right as well. Not like these ****box firebirds on truck frames that are held together with gum and hope.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #14915
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
pepsi or coke?

ford or chevy?

GO!!!!
Moxie.

Dodge.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #14916
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

im sorry, what was that you all were saying?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #14917
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've got a DPMS store bought AR. It had feed/extraction issues with the first 4-5 magazines and has been completely smooth ever after. It's chambered for 223/5.56, and I've only ever shot 223 through it. Reloads, factory new, no further issues. It's got a zero magnification red dot on it, and I can consistently hit stuff at 200yds(bout as far as I can see with crappy eyes) I'm sure with a decent scope, it would easily be accurate to 400 yds!
Unread 08-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #14918
sirhk100

Quote:
That's pretty cool. I bet he did it right as well. Not like these ****box firebirds on truck frames that are held together with gum and hope.
That car has seen probably as much dirt miles as some of our jeeps if not more! He was a regular working recovery and there's lots of footage of him dragging or towing race buggies and trucks back to the pits. He was an interesting dude for sure!

One of the desert race guys put this together for his memorial at Glen Helen a week or two ago. Has some interesting old school jump footage and his insane wreck that I don't understand how he survived!!!

Unread 08-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #14919
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Moxie.

Dodge.

Speak of the devil I just ordered a case of moxie from Lisbon ME. I'll have to save you one. I wish I could find it local.
Unread 08-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #14920
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

cool stuff right there, that truck hitting the ramp is freakin crazy

Quote:

Unread 08-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #14921
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Hey powr you work for coke right? I think moxie is distributed by coke. Is there an easier way to get it other then special ordering it from ME?
Unread 08-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #14922
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Speak of the devil I just ordered a case of moxie from Lisbon ME. I'll have to save you one. I wish I could find it local.
Quote:
Hey powr you work for coke right? I think moxie is distributed by coke. Is there an easier way to get it other then special ordering it from ME?
Yeah, there's a local shop that carries it, dummy!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rocket-fizz-las-vegas

i dunno the cost, but they sell it.

I still have a few half cans from my last trip to NH, and my friends got me a 4 pack from rocket fizz for christmas.

there used to be some website that sold 'subscriptions' to Moxie, they may be around still, i dunno.

Im pretty sure they are distributed by coke, but only in new england.

Quote:

Unread 08-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #14923
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I've never seen it in the warehouse. It's never been on any of the trucks. If it has, it's been in very small quantities anyway. I know for certain it's never been up for employee sales since I've been there.
Unread 08-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #14924
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Yeah, there's a local shop that carries it, dummy!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rocket-fizz-las-vegas

i dunno the cost, but they sell it.

I still have a few half cans from my last trip to NH, and my friends got me a 4 pack from rocket fizz for christmas.

there used to be some website that sold 'subscriptions' to Moxie, they may be around still, i dunno.

Im pretty sure they are distributed by coke, but only in new england.
Thanks Doc. I guess that's why they made you a mod. haha

I think we should get a big shooting outing set up when it cools off a bit. Maybe late Oct or in Nov some time.
Unread 08-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #14925
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I know for certain it's never been up for employee sales since I've been there.
Sure it has, they just don't like you so they keep it a secret from you.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.