Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 993 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 08-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #14881
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Does she come with a guarantee that she'll put out?
That's why you got to got game, bro! Lol

Unread 08-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #14882
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

From my lunch. My wife loves me! Nature's candy!
image-1891803644.jpg  
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #14883
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
From my lunch. My wife loves me! Nature's candy!
Where's the beef?
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #14884
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Where's the beef?
Just to the lower left of the pic! roflmao!!!
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #14885
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

BCG might could cause it but I really doubt it. Have you tried with a partially loaded mag? My issue M-4 on my last deployment had a problem with stripping the first round out of brand new mags unless I only loaded them with 29 instead of 30 but never marred the brass. Marred brass is almost always feed ramps. Sounds like Sparks has an issue that they either don't know about or don't care about.
It happens with 30 rounds or 29 rounds or 25 rounds or 15 rounds.

You can see the actual projectile getting pinched or hung up between the locking lug recesses. (this was with a half loaded mag, bolt locked back, i pulled the charging handle and let it fly....this is where the round and the bolt ended up) If it got stuck it will free up when I pull the charging handle and let it fly a second time...then it cycles fine (still marred brass) for the rest of the Mag.
forumrunner_20120815_223248.jpg  

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #14886
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Not to mention there is/was a ton of brass specking in the chamber. Its just chewing up every piece of copper/brass that passes over those ramps and into the recesses

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #14887
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Puck....time to man up and make your chero like this waggy!

Quote:

Unread 08-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #14888
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Puck....time to man up and make your chero like this waggy!
That's awesome SICK!!! Do it!!! That looks btchinn!!
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #14889
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
That's why you got to got game, bro! Lol
Game I have... Sadly, I have never figured out how video games get me any

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #14890
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
It happens with 30 rounds or 29 rounds or 25 rounds or 15 rounds.

You can see the actual projectile getting pinched or hung up between the locking lug recesses. (this was with a half loaded mag, bolt locked back, i pulled the charging handle and let it fly....this is where the round and the bolt ended up) If it got stuck it will free up when I pull the charging handle and let it fly a second time...then it cycles fine (still marred brass) for the rest of the Mag.
That is definitely a Sparks issue provided you are not riding the charging handle forward. You can plainly see that the round is getting caught in the locking lugs. That is a machining issue.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #14891
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Boy am i glad i went with DPMS upper on my AR. My BIL almost talked me into getting spikes tactical upper. Good luck with getting the problem sorted. Also, how much do you want to sell the .223 for? I need some ammo.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #14892
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

While the wife is in Korea I plan on getting something assault type. I want to get something with a common round, so when **** does hit the fan I would have a better chance coming across more ammo. I was leaning towards an ar-15 because I am familiar with it and parts are very common. But after seeing some of the issues with them I might have to look around a bit.
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #14893
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Boy am i glad i went with DPMS upper on my AR. My BIL almost talked me into getting spikes tactical upper. Good luck with getting the problem sorted. Also, how much do you want to sell the .223 for? I need some ammo.
If the UPS site is correct, my DPMS upper should be here tomorrow. It is unfortunate about the Spikes upper. I had a friend tell me that I should get one as well but the price point was more than I could afford.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #14894
sirhk100

I was running a 1 race used set of MTR's on my jeep and have actually swapped them over to my exploder and I like them a lot. First time I've owned them but have no complaints. They ride good on the street dry or wet. They do great in the dirt and on the rocks. They also seem to be lasting quite well. They're 35's though and it would piss you off to know what I paid for them! LOL Let's just say 6pm-2am the night before an offroad swap meet happens is when all the real deals are found!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #14895
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Marn, did you send the picture that you posted here to Spikes?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.