Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 992 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #14866
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
Wasn't someone looking for one of these??

http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...ctical/7813322
If it was an inch shorter and in OD I would be all over that

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #14867
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

If it was an inch shorter and in OD I would be all over that
I've got a hack saw
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #14868
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
ARs are gay. Just sayin.

Lol just getting you guys riled up but I'm not a fan. I've not saying you all are asshats but I've seen a bunch of them with ARs. I went shooting once with a guy who thought he was tough **** with an AR and a hi point 9mm. When I saw him pull out some "tactical" gloves to shoot I literally laughed in his face. I told him he should of used his glove money and bought a better hand gun. It was pretty awkward after that.
I like ARs because I shoot M-16s and M-4s. If I had armorers tools, I could take one completely apart and put it back together. Marns AR likely has misaligned extended (M-4) feed ramps. Unfortunately, the feed ramps are milled in and can't be readily fixed easily.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #14869
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I've got a hack saw
I've got olive drab spray paint!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #14870
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

You want nudes or no? LOL
Yes. Duh.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #14871
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
ARs are gay. Just sayin.

Lol just getting you guys riled up but I'm not a fan. I've not saying you all are asshats but I've seen a bunch of them with ARs. I went shooting once with a guy who thought he was tough **** with an AR and a hi point 9mm. When I saw him pull out some "tactical" gloves to shoot I literally laughed in his face. I told him he should of used his glove money and bought a better hand gun. It was pretty awkward after that.
I agree 100% and am an AR hater. I finally got talked into it (mostly by a prepped buddy....share ammo and parts) and regret it.

Ill stick with my.old technology.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #14872
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

I like ARs because I shoot M-16s and M-4s. If I had armorers tools, I could take one completely apart and put it back together. Marns AR likely has misaligned extended (M-4) feed ramps. Unfortunately, the feed ramps are milled in and can't be readily fixed easily.
They aren't miss matched or misaligned. :-/

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #14873
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Get the Goodyears then let me know how they hold up. I was going to get them but the BFGoodrich went on sale. I have only had BFGoodrich tires so I would be interested to find out how the Goodyears are.
I think that that is what im gonna do is get the MTR's as ive always heard good things about them. I know onlinetires.com has them for 209$ a tire which is pretty good I think. But I dont know what shipping is gonna cost so I'm hoping that discount, tireworks or whomever can beat their price.

Which BFG tires did you get?
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #14874
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

They aren't miss matched or misaligned. :-/
Is that what Spikes told you? I would like to know what the final verdict is then. I can think of a couple of other things but none of them seem as likely as the feed ramps.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #14875
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yes. Duh.
I'll have to get them off my other computer. When do you want to make the swap?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #14876
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

Is that what Spikes told you? I would like to know what the final verdict is then. I can think of a couple of other things but none of them seem as likely as the feed ramps.
No. That's what I told myself.

I'm waiting to see what they say. They told the other guy they replaced his BCG and it was shooting fine.

Funny thing is....this is the 3rd upper he has had from them

The CEO basically told him the problem is on his end because 'we test everything before we send it back' the owner has tried 3 lowers 2 BCG's and a ton of mags.

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #14877
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

I'll have to get them off my other computer. When do you want to make the swap?
I hand you the girl you hand me 11 beers and a flash drive.

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #14878
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ

I think that that is what im gonna do is get the MTR's as ive always heard good things about them. I know onlinetires.com has them for 209$ a tire which is pretty good I think. But I dont know what shipping is gonna cost so I'm hoping that discount, tireworks or whomever can beat their price.

Which BFG tires did you get?
I got the KM2s for five tires and five black steel rims 1600 at discount last year. 33x12.5 R15
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:35 PM   #14879
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

No. That's what I told myself.

I'm waiting to see what they say. They told the other guy they replaced his BCG and it was shooting fine.

Funny thing is....this is the 3rd upper he has had from them

The CEO basically told him the problem is on his end because 'we test everything before we send it back' the owner has tried 3 lowers 2 BCG's and a ton of mags.
BCG might could cause it but I really doubt it. Have you tried with a partially loaded mag? My issue M-4 on my last deployment had a problem with stripping the first round out of brand new mags unless I only loaded them with 29 instead of 30 but never marred the brass. Marred brass is almost always feed ramps. Sounds like Sparks has an issue that they either don't know about or don't care about.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-15-2012, 10:38 PM   #14880
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I hand you the girl you hand me 11 beers and a flash drive.
Does she come with a guarantee that she'll put out?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.