Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 99 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #1471
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb that parrot was just like the bartender in boondock saints!!! Lol too funny. Any idea what o2 % is at 13000'? Just curious cause that's the wheeler peak summit in great basin.
The percentage of oxygen at high altitudes won't change by much. The oxygen will be thinner, but so will the other common gases.

At about 10,000 feet the air density would be reduced by around 16%, but the percentage of oxygen would still be close to 21%.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #1472
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I think Yojik will be under similar time restraints as well, considering he's the groom.

Just go and bring him with you! His wife will need to get used to Sundays being designated football day anyway.
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #1473
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This Sunday we are running the potosi mine trail and exploring. We will meet at the Starbucks at 8164 las Vegas blvd s. It's at blue diamond, technically windmill. Meet at 9, leave by around 930ish. See you all then
I will be down, and maybe MMCKEIG too.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #1474
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Anybody have an approximate round trip time?

I've got a wedding reception to go to sunday night...and I think Yojik will be under similar time restraints as well, considering he's the groom.
I figure if we are done around 1, it should be good. The reception is at 4pm, so we should have plenty of time to get changed and everything. Wifey will be cool with it because the girls are going to my place to get ready, so I'll be out of their way.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #1475
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOJIK View Post
I will be down, and maybe MMCKEIG too.
Can I ride with?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #1476
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome guys! Glad to hear ur coming along
Unread 10-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #1477
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You guys suck!

Does anyone else have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off?
Unread 10-08-2011, 12:35 AM   #1478
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No Ysb, we don't. Unfortunately, cause I would really like to join u on some runs!
Unread 10-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #1479
bonofied suiter
2003 TJ Wrangler 

31st Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th-5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas

The Vegas Valley Four Wheelers and associated clubs would love to invite everyone to join us for the 31st Annual Hump-N-Bump presented by GenRight Off road on November 4th & 5th 2011. We guide our participants over our scenic and challenging trails. Our trails rate from Mild and Scenic to Challenging and Technical. This year, after the trails on Friday we have a special event after the trails hosted by the Logandale Volunteer Fire Department called the Arena Offroad Challenge. (Similar to a Jeep Skills Rodeo) It should be great fun and all can participate. Proceeds from this fundraising event and a raffle that they are having for a new Polaris Razor will generate funds needed to buy needed equipment to support our trail system and the local community. The value of the new OHV is $11,000 and each paid Hump-N-Bump registration includes a chance to win. If ticket sales fall short the prize will be a sizable cash prize.

This year associated local clubs will help us with the event and lead some of our trails. These clubs include the Nevada Backroaders, Total Karnage, Vegas Broncos and Desert Wranglers.

After the trails on Saturday we will have an awesome BBQ dinner catered by John Mull's Road Kill Grill. Back by popular demand. After dinner is our kids raffle where no kid is left out and then our huge event raffle. Proceeds for our event raffle help us support our local trails and our favorite land use advocates. These include our local favorite Partners in Conservation, the Blue Ribbon Coalition and Tread Lightly.

Event registration cost is $100.00 per vehicle and includes guided trails on Friday and Saturday, One main event Road Kill Grill BBQ dinner, One event Tee Shirt, One Raffle ticket for the Polaris Razor Drawing, 5-tickets for our Huge Raffle, dash plaque, goodie bag and more.

Additional shirts are $18 Kids shirts are free for attendees kids on site. Extra dinners are $15 with kids 10 and under $8
RV Parking is $20 per night
Tent and Car Camping is $10 per night.

Online Registration opening soon with special pricing on additional raffle tickets available online. Last year we had almost $38,000 retail value in raffle prizes and it took our team of 8 people 2-1/2 hours to give everything away.

Don't miss this year. It's going to be great fun.
Keep an eye on our event Facebook Page and club web site.
Jeff Jorgensen
2010 - 2011 Hump-N-Bump Director
www.vv4w.org

2010 -2011 -2012 Hump-N-Bump Director / Czar
bonofied suiter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2011, 03:12 AM   #1480
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Ysb, what gps unit do you use? Is it capable of doing breadcrumb trips? I have been looking at the garmin 60cs and csx. They seem to be really cool units. I have a stupid tomtom that can only navigate streets and nothing else.
Unread 10-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #1481
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Hey Ysb, what gps unit do you use? Is it capable of doing breadcrumb trips? I have been looking at the garmin 60cs and csx. They seem to be really cool units. I have a stupid tomtom that can only navigate streets and nothing else.
I can input coordinates in my tom tom with no problem. Did you get the basic model? I got a higher end refurb.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #1482
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
I use the Garmin 1350LMT. It has lifetime map updates and free real-time traffic updates. I was really surprised how well the traffic feature works. It shows where the traffic is, expected delays and even which lane accidents are in.

It does have a breadcrumb feature, but I believe it's called a footprint feature. It comes in very handy when traveling a web of trails and they all look the same. Not just to help find your way out, but to find unexplored trails.

I was happy with it out of the box, but when I upgraded to topo maps, the unit really helped offroad. I had to play around with the settings to get it to route on trails. Before, if I wanted to get somewhere just over a hill, it would sometimes route me miles away to a paved road. Something I read about other units is that they were able to show offroad trails with a map update, but were not able to route them offroad.

I can also change the type of vehicle displayed on the screen. Last week, I was a tank. Today, I am an X-Wing fighter. Now I couldn't be happier with it.

I originally bought it for around $250 I think, but it sells now at Sam's for around $130.

The newest Garmin's will have a feature called Birdseye. It's like GoogleEarth. I think that would be great for hikers, but I think something like that would be a bit cluttered for driving.
Unread 10-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #1483
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
You guys suck!

Friday, Saturday
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #1484
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
You guys suck!

Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Sounds like someone needs a new job. Lol
Unread 10-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #1485
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.