Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#1,961 ·
Dr. Marneaus said:
How I long for a functional jeep. This is killing me!
I know the feeling. I've got a welding class tomorrow AM and I'm hoping to have the motivation to pull the motor in my zj. It would be so much easier if I had a garage instead of storing it at my parents. I need to find a house. Oh and I'm hoping it doesn't rain in the afternoon.

#1,962 ·
All you guys have to do is ask for some help! I'm sure lots of guys here wouldn't mind lending a hand to help. I know scheduling can be a pain, but I'm willing to help work on stuff....as long as I can get help sometime in the future.

#1,966 ·
... I've got a welding class tomorrow AM...
So, if I needed a small piece of exhaust tubing welded, you'd be the guy to ask?

I had a Banks exhaust on my Jeep, but it was so loud I'd get a headache within 10 minutes of driving. I traded it for someones stock exhaust. Instead of slacking his axle to remove it like a normal person, he cut it above the axle. Still don't know why he cut it there instead of just behind the exhaust can. I traded it anyway and just used a sleeve to piece it back together.

#1,967 ·
This part has me interested. How far is that from here?

Great pictures, Davidson. I'm really liking the results from your camera. The quality of my pictures doesn't seem that good and I have a really great camera. I think I might have to play with the settings a bit.
Honestly most of these pictures are just in automatic mode with our canon rebel. Great little camera.

This trail is a little under 100 miles from my house, just east of Bullhead city, AZ. We'll be heading back down the in December or January at some time, and there's more trails in that immediate area I wanted to check out. I'll definitely do that particular trail again anytime I'm in the area. You would be welcome to come along for sure.

#1,968 ·
I know the feeling. I've got a welding class tomorrow AM and I'm hoping to have the motivation to pull the motor in my zj. It would be so much easier if I had a garage instead of storing it at my parents. I need to find a house. Oh and I'm hoping it doesn't rain in the afternoon.
Where are you taking classes? I'm planning to take welding classes too.:thumbsup:

#1,970 ·
Thanks for the pictures. All of them were taken in the Grand Canyon? I was assuming the Grand Canyon was heavily traveled so seeing all the winch artifacts is a surprise.

I'd like to go have a look, but I really don't like being too far away from home.
It is not that far from Las Vegas. Just not that easy to get to, could be why there is so much stuff still there.
http://www.westernmininghistory.com/mine/9559/

#1,971 ·
I've got a coupon to stay at the Riverside Hotel in Laughlin for two nights for free sometime in December and/or January, with restrictions. I'm planning on using it for a Monday/Tuesday night stay sometime during that time period and using it as an opportunity to go wheeling in the mountains primarily on the AZ side of the border. We mean to explore trails on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Let me know if any of you might be interested in joining us for the trip, in whole or in part.

#1,972 ·
blazepsi said:
Where are you taking classes? I'm planning to take welding classes too.:thumbsup:
CSN Henderson campus. Looking back I wouldn't take another class. I don't think I got what I payed for. The instruction is terrible. Most of what I've learned is from another guy in class that is there for the certification for a new job. I would find some who know how to do whatever kind of welding you want to learn and have them teach you.

#1,974 ·
CSN Henderson campus. Looking back I wouldn't take another class. I don't think I got what I payed for. The instruction is terrible. Most of what I've learned is from another guy in class that is there for the certification for a new job. I would find some who know how to do whatever kind of welding you want to learn and have them teach you.
Yaiks, How long is the course to finish? Any prerequisite to get a different course of welding (TIG,MIG, STICK...)?
Prices?
Whats courses did you took?
Tnx... :thumbsup:

Maybe the Charleston campus will be better...

#1,975 ·
blazepsi said:
Yaiks, How long is the course to finish? Any prerequisite to get a different course of welding (TIG,MIG, STICK...)?
Prices?
Whats courses did you took?
Tnx... :thumbsup:

Maybe the Charleston campus will be better...
The course is a semester long. I took the stick class because that is what I have. I think I will sell it for a mig welder. It was $180 then you have to purchase all your safety equip and any special tools. Charleston as far as I know doesn't do any technical classes only Cheyenne and Henderson do. You can select any type of process you want and they do the certifications at the end of semester. No prerequisites are required.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.