Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 989 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #14821
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
And I bet you were just minding your own business just trying to get done so you could leave? There have been multiple grocery store shootings here in town. If you've lived here long enough to remember food for less at sahara an valley view? Dude with a shotgun just killing people "cobra" style! It happens!
i go to food 4 less sometimes.

Mainly only when I need negra modelo and limes tho.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #14822
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Glock 36 and ruger LCP
I'll take the LCP! I've been wanting/needing one.

I dont like being unarmed on my bike rides.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #14823
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How much for the 36?
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #14824
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
How much for the 36?
500, comes with factory box nylon holster and three magazines.
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #14825
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

and the el cee pee?

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #14826
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thats not bad at all. Drew! what guns do you have for sale??
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #14827
sirhk100

The smart side of me says I should just bow out of this conversation and let you guys have fun but...

I kinda sorta purposely picked a career where I don't find myself in shady spots or sketchy neighborhoods at midnight. I also typically don't find myself out and about in those areas either. I tend to find myself in places where the odds of crap going down a bit better then the places you speak of. Again, I do this by choice... If you choose a career that finds you having to carry a weapon for self protection that isn't military or law enforcement related I really hope you're being compensated enough for what you do.

Quote:
The Colorado shooting is an example of why it's a good idea to carry. No amount I smarts would get people out of that. That's a situation of shoot or be shot! It's becoming more prevalent in "safe" areas too.
I'd argue that 99% of the people that CCW if they were in that theater would've been up the creek. IF YOU BELIEVE THE REPORTS, a shooter that walks into a dark theater, pops off a smoke bomb or tear gas and starts unloading... Enjoy figuring out when you have a clear shot in a dark room with I'm assuming a packed to the house theater going absolutely insane since it was opening night and there's gun shots. The chaos that probably went down inside that theater was probably to the level that anyone but the best trained would've had probably as much chance of hitting an innocent then they would've the assailant.

We can all be arm chair quarterbacks but if you really truly think you would've been effective in that size of a panic/chaotic situation I hope you don't find yourself there or at least I hope I'm not anywhere in range of where your barrel is pointing... Dark room, flashing lights from the screen, gas/smoke in the air, people running like crazy and just some flashes in the darkness and you're going to effectively target that person without worry of what's between you and them or behind or to the sides?

If I was carrying I'd rather have taken my chances with crawling my *** out on the floor rather then drawing his attention my way.

I know when I took my CCW class and the couple other classes I took the instructor asked... "If you're carrying, you have to decide if you're willing to take another persons life to help a complete stranger. If you are willing to do that you also have to accept the repercussions which will come with your actions doing so." That sunk in pretty deep with me. I'm not rambo, I'm also not a hero. IF I have a weapon I'd use it to protect myself, friends, family but a complete stranger, sorry, I'm moving on. Call me selfish, call me heartless, dgaf... It's my choice when and where to act. If you do act, hopefully you're dead nuts on with your sights and trigger control in a panic situation and hopefully when you're in court the judge sees your side of the story rather then the other even if in your eyes you feel you were being the hero and saving the life. They might, they might not...

Like I said, I probably should've just bowed outta the conversation but ehhh, what the heck, why not...

I'll be at the sams town theater tonight completely unarmed without fear or worries. My biggest worry honestly will be the amount of butter I know my friend is going to want to put on her popcorn. If the crazed dude walks in. I guess I was at the wrong place at the wrong time, hopefully me, my friend and her 2 sons get out alive. I'm betting though, we just watch a movie and go home. I'm more concerned with the 1.5 mile drive to and from the theater myself! Boulder highway has some insane drivers!!! We'll be wearing our seat belts for sure!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #14828
sirhk100

In general, you can carry all you want. I have no problems with responsible people carrying. I sure as heck don't feel the need to and kinda feel that it's funny that others do but hey, more power to you. I just disagree that the world is such a scary place that I can't walk out the door without my gun. I've more or less done it successfully for 35 years now and I'm down to wager that the day I don't return home again will be for some cause that owning a gun would not have helped me in. I'm betting the amount of sugar I take in, the crazy drivers on the road, some of my crazy hobbies, etc will take my life way before a crazed loon that I needed self defense from does. At least assuming things stay the way in society the are right now. Who knows what the future has in store, this is all generalized based on the way our world is today... If I'm concerned enough today that I feel I should carry for protection I probably really should put my safety guard back on the hand grinder in my garage, probably should sell the dirt bikes, probably should sell the prerunner truck and ditch this race truck, I probably should buy a MUCH bigger truck like a superduty to commute in so I win the wreck battle cause all of those things imo are much more likely to kill me first.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #14829
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Plus 150-200 rds for $300 I may have a fourth magazine, not sure. All factory mags. Glock mags for the Glock too
image-2304552662.jpg  
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #14830
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Thats not bad at all. Drew! what guns do you have for sale??
any of em, if the price is right!

As soon as my AR comes back from the factory I'm going to sell it. I dont care if it functions 1000000% of the time. It's gonna be GONE. Stupid piece of ****. Nver should have gone 'modern' and shoulda just stuck with my m1a. you know how much .308 I coulda bought for the price of this thing?

Spikes 'Dissipator' style upper (advantage/purpose of this design is: reliabiltiy of a mid-length gas system, with full length sight radius, and full length hand guard, but a 16" bbl), aero precision lower built with a PSA parts kit, single stage trigger, magpul furniture and sights.

toss me a 6 pack with the cash and you can prolly have her too, though she wont be guaranteed as 'repaired' from the factory.

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #14831
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well what do you have in the 400-500 range?

Im just looking for glock, sig, beretta, and springfield
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #14832
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Well what do you have in the 400-500 range?

Im just looking for glock, sig, beretta, and springfield
I don't have a glock (ick!)

The only sig I have is my 1911, which isnt really 'siggy'

I don't have a beretta

the only springfield I have is my M1A.....which isn't very concealable.

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #14833
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

if you want to buy something used at a good price, go join up over at nevadashooters.com and check the classifieds section. a LOT less flaky than people on backpage. I buy/sell all kinds of goodies on nevada shooters.

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #14834
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

or are you the one thats already over there? I dont remember these things.

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #14835
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I already am on there. I believe weve talked before on there.

I looked but didnt see anything i really wanted myself. Just asking here as you never know.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.