Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 988 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #14806
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

I knew it! This is all your fault! Haha
Did you get my message yesterday?

MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #14807
sirhk100

And on another note!!!

Click to sort by name and find the picture of my truck on page 12 and Jason's truck on page 10 and vote 5 stars! Jason's truck is the one with the white front clip (or is it magazine? Wait, sorry, wrong conversation!) and the front tires in the air, it's the same truck that's living in my garage these days!

Feel free to vote 1's for everyone else on the page or as many as you want. Hopefully this link works. .

http://www.generaltiresweeps.com/gal...p#.UCv6yaP59Bk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #14808
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

Did you get my message yesterday?
Yeah, but it will be several months before I'm ready for them and they would just sit and dry out. Thanks for the heads up though!
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #14809
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yeah, but it will be several months before I'm ready for them and they would just sit and dry out. Thanks for the heads up though!
So those extra-small condoms DO have an expiration date, huh?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #14810
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Khris, ironically while working, I've been in some pretty nasty situations. I'm at mcds and gas stations very late at night. We've had some customers' businesses robbed or shooting inside during hours that we could be in there working on stuff. I've had people deliberately trying to fight with me for whatever their reasons inside bars and restaurants late at night. We ha a technician threatened with a knife inside a restaurant that just recently had a shooting. Another tech had a beer bottle smashed on his head while walking into a gas station to fix equipment. If you were out and about in places as often as driving, I think you may have a slightly differing opinion on this. I've missed being bitten by a dog by literally inches(had to jump away before owner got control) I've had people flash weapons while driving and received threats just by being in a certain neighborhood at night. People get desperate, and of they think you have something they want, they will try to take it. I've been saying for a while now that its only a matter of time before one of us(techs) gets mugged or stabbed or shot because we must go to areas of town that have a....reputation.
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #14811
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

So those extra-small condoms DO have an expiration date, huh?
Rofl!! They were a good price though. They were too big for right now! In a few months(after surgery) they would fit! Lol
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #14812
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Two of my buddies have stared down the wrong end of guns while doing their jobs. One of them had the guy pull the hammer back and told him to "make your peace with god!" and the guy was quite serious. He got out of it by calling the office on his work phone in his hand and the secretary heard the conversation and call the cops! It really is a scary place to be here! Thing happen that don't make the news!
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #14813
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Open carry isnt the best idea unless you are trained in weapon retention.

you mentioned it taking him an extra second or two to get your gun figured out. So.....you're a triple mega raging black blue red yellow green belt rthat can subdue and disarm a determined criminal in 2 seconds? Lol. Just food for thought.

thats just my opinion. Out of sight, out of mind is my motto, but different strokes for different folks.

Only time I ever regularly OC is when camping and sometimes when wheeling/hiking. All of which generally do not involve close proximity to strangers.
I agree on the out of site. I feel like open carry can escalate some situations, I've seen it happen.

Personally I'm a fan of the Glock, if my wife has to use it she can just point and click. I've shot a few thousand rounds thru mine and the only malfunction I've ever had was caused by a worn out clip spring.

On the home defense I vote for the shotgun with the bird shot. Even if the perp lives he's done causing me problems.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #14814
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

This guy is selling a hard top for a YJ, for cheap

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3207909138.html
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #14815
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I used to have to go to seigel suites and the like at my old job all the time, and measure the entire properties. A few of them took 2 or 3 days being there from 9-5.

I got hassled a lot there, by simply unsavory types as well as kids as well as crazy types, that was one of the reasons I started carrying.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #14816
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Many if not any situation can be survived unarmed by simply using your head! Avoid letting people get close. Pay attention to your surroundings. Don't antagonize people who are already agitated. The Colorado shooting is an example of why it's a good idea to carry. No amount I smarts would get people out of that. That's a situation of shoot or be shot! It's becoming more prevalent in "safe" areas too.
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #14817
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I used to have to go to seigel suites and the like at my old job all the time, and measure the entire properties. A few of them took 2 or 3 days being there from 9-5.

I got hassled a lot there, by simply unsavory types as well as kids as well as crazy types, that was one of the reasons I started carrying.
And I bet you were just minding your own business just trying to get done so you could leave? There have been multiple grocery store shootings here in town. If you've lived here long enough to remember food for less at sahara an valley view? Dude with a shotgun just killing people "cobra" style! It happens!
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #14818
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just a few years ago a man was stabbed in the Walmart at boulder and nellis over a parking spot. I personally witnessed a shooting at the gas station at lamb and boulder. That cop was murdered in his garage while working on stuff. The list goes on and on!
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #14819
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So who here has any guns they dont want anymore?
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #14820
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glock 36 and ruger LCP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.