Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 986 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #14776
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
He is pretty set on a .45 in OD green. I don't think barrel length matters. It just seems like not many people shoot .45 anymore. I've been checking davidsons whenever I'm out there. I guess between the 2 of us looking we aren't having much luck. I guess he went somewhere and they said they would order it if he paid for it first.
Yep, after shooting your 4" .45, and doing better than I do with my 5" .40, I decided I'd like to get the same gun, especially in the cool color/capacity. It's not like I am losing sleep over it or anything.. But it would be cool to pick one up if I can find all that together. I had a chance to get a 5", but I'd like to stick with the 4. NFA said they would take a "small deposit" and keep an eye out for one for me, I haven't committed to that deposit yet though.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #14777
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I would stay away from pistol grip shotguns, recoil WILL eff you up for a second shot. Mossberg or Remington has an adjustable, AR type stock 12 Ga that I've been curious about. Felt nice at big 5, but can't remember which one it was. The mossberg they sell with both barrels is a decent choice. My buddy has one and loves it. I would recommend bird shot for self defense. It packs the power, penetration, and will stop an intruder, but won't travel through multiple walls like OO buck and slugs will. People will argue that forever, but I'm telling you, if you take a bird shot to center mass, there won't be much the paramedics can do for you by the time they get there! Plus you don't have to worry about killing your neighbor when the OO buck or slug goes through scarface!
I've got the Remington 870 pump action 12ga with the collapsible stock that has a pistol grip as well, there is no way I would shoot with just the grip, the shoulder stock is awesome. Anyone is welcome to put some rounds through it if they like.
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #14778
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
If your wife wants to carry, stay away from .380, an anything bigger than 40. Most ladies have a hard time controlling recoil of a large caliber like 45
Ksturgio's XD .45 had less recoil than my Berretta .40
Unread 08-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #14779
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Took the kids up to the meadow in Lee Canyon last night for a picnic style dinner. The lower temps were very welcomed, but even better than that was the wildlife. With the kids we generally keep count of the animals to keep them into it and our numbers this time were 19 deer, 5 horses, 5 donkey, and 1 rabbit. Not too bad for a mountain range in the middle of the desert and never leaving a paved road.
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #14780
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Take the dog with you on the hike then both of you can come and crash on the couch for a good nap since you will be too tired to think
If I go, I would love to take her as she loves being outside. However, I would leave her at home because she is getting too old for going out hiking like she used to. She has a slipped disc in her lower back and doesn't get around as well as she used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Also, I currently carry my Glock 23 .40cal, but I would like to get something a little smaller that I can keep strapped on all day, quick access, and would still get the job done.
Do you like the Glock? I have a Glock 27 which is also a .40 but the barrel and grip are about an inch shorter each. In a pinch, you could also use the 23 mag if you wanted. You can shoot mine if you like. Just let me know.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #14781
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Silly Jeepers and your Glocks, time to trade in for a REAL gun. Get a XD!
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #14782
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
X2 hahaha
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #14783
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I bought my G36 because the price was right, and wanted to know what all the hype was about. It's a very small frame 45. It shoots well, and I've enjoyed it. I don't think that the Glock is "the greatest handgun ever" and don't trust it for carry. Many police and military personnel carry them, but I met a guy in the ER than was shot by his holstered Glock 40. He was serving an eviction, dude resisted, kicked him from the ground, gun went off and went perfectly between his big toe and second toe. Cut soft flesh only. Very lucky. It was probably a malfunction in the gun, but I still can't trust it. It's a terrible choice for open carry, because if someone comes up and grabs it from behind, they've got you. If you're carrying something with an external safety, you at least have a couple of seconds to react before they get the safety off!
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #14784
sirhk100

You gun nuts and your level of paranoia is always amusing to me!!!

No complaints with my glock what so ever. It's jammed twice in the 5+ years I've had it and that was like the first time or two I shot it. I think I was limp wristing it. It's never gone off on accident but then again I don't put my finger in the trigger guard. Is it the best gun ever? No clue... Do I have any issues with it or complaints what so ever to make me think I should look at others? Nope, it's not broke, goes bang every single time, I like it.

Continue on with your stories of shooting yourself or being shot etc by those sketchy non safe guns...

What happens if a chimpanzee escapes from your neighbors back yard which then scares a pigeon and it flys directly into your waist and it's beak pierces your holster squeezing the trigger? Oh crap!!! Wait, what if that chip gets pissed off and just pulls the gun from the holster itself? Maybe I should sell my glock and get something with a safety on it! I mean gosh...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #14785
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I am not a Glock fanboy by any means. There are things I like and dislike about most sidearms. The XD is no different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I bought my G36 because the price was right, and wanted to know what all the hype was about. It's a very small frame 45. It shoots well, and I've enjoyed it. I don't think that the Glock is "the greatest handgun ever" and don't trust it for carry. Many police and military personnel carry them, but I met a guy in the ER than was shot by his holstered Glock 40. He was serving an eviction, dude resisted, kicked him from the ground, gun went off and went perfectly between his big toe and second toe. Cut soft flesh only. Very lucky. It was probably a malfunction in the gun, but I still can't trust it. It's a terrible choice for open carry, because if someone comes up and grabs it from behind, they've got you. If you're carrying something with an external safety, you at least have a couple of seconds to react before they get the safety off!
I can promise you that that sidearm had an internal malfunction. As for someone grabbing you from behind, open carrying any firearm in a non-retention holster is a bad idea. If it takes you a couple of seconds to click off a safety, you need more training. A good retention holster (not a thumb break) keeps the gun on your side buying you enough time.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #14786
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
X2 hahaha
right, because glocks are so much different than XD's

When i read the first sentence of Puck's post I thought he'd say something like "get a wheel gun" or "get a 1911" lol.

Mmmmmmm, wheel gun

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #14787
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
What happens if a chimpanzee escapes from your neighbors back yard which then scares a pigeon and it flys directly into your waist and it's beak pierces your holster squeezing the trigger? Oh crap!!! Wait, what if that chip gets pissed off and just pulls the gun from the holster itself? Maybe I should sell my glock and get something with a safety on it! I mean gosh...

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #14788
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

P.S. birdshot is a bad choice for defense.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #14789
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
You gun nuts and your level of paranoia is always amusing to me!!!

No complaints with my glock what so ever. It's jammed twice in the 5+ years I've had it and that was like the first time or two I shot it. I think I was limp wristing it. It's never gone off on accident but then again I don't put my finger in the trigger guard. Is it the best gun ever? No clue... Do I have any issues with it or complaints what so ever to make me think I should look at others? Nope, it's not broke, goes bang every single time, I like it.
Also, there's a difference between 'jamming' and 'malfunctioning'

A 'jam' would require a trip to a gunsmith.

Quote:

Unread 08-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #14790
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

right, because glocks are so much different than XD's

When i read the first sentence of Puck's post I thought he'd say something like "get a wheel gun" or "get a 1911" lol.

Mmmmmmm, wheel gun
I almost did say that, but i dont own one. So i stick to what i have.
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.