Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 985 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #14761
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Nope, it's like someone found out that I wanted one then hid all of them
Just bought an XD .40 last week. Have you tried Bargain Pawn? Or backpage.com.

Unread 08-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #14762
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

He is pretty set on a .45 in OD green. I don't think barrel length matters. It just seems like not many people shoot .45 anymore. I've been checking davidsons whenever I'm out there. I guess between the 2 of us looking we aren't having much luck. I guess he went somewhere and they said they would order it if he paid for it first.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #14763
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Gunbroker.com?!?! You should be able to find one on there.
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #14764
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Alright gun dudes....it's time for me add to my arsenal. I am in need of a shotgun for the shop...not a bird hunting kind, but the kind where if someone tries to rob me I can react quick. Also, I currently carry my Glock 23 .40cal, but I would like to get something a little smaller that I can keep strapped on all day, quick access, and would still get the job done. Some recent events (in my line of work) in this crazy city have my wife freaked out...and it has me kind of paranoid too.

I honestly don't know near what you guys do about guns (don't really care to either ) as long as they shoot, reload, clean and repeat

I know the owner of Bargain Pawn fairly well and plan on swinging by tomorrow to do some shopping. I'm signed up for the CC class Sept. 22 and they mentioned qualifying with a revolver and my semi, not just one?

What say you?
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:23 PM   #14765
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you qualify with both, you can carry any semi auto or revolver with your permit. If you can swing it, get a revolver so you can use it as a backup or car gun. Depending on how big your hands are, I would recommend the ruger LC9 for everyday carry. It's 9mm, 7+1, and the recoil is very manageable. Otherwise, maybe a ruger SR9, or p345(.45) I have a glock 36, but just don't trust it(mental block) I've always shot rugers and never had an issue. The beretta 92 is a great gun, and comes apart easier than the glock does. If you want, we can meet up and you am your wife can try out some of my toys to help with the decision.
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #14766
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
If you qualify with both, you can carry any semi auto or revolver with your permit. If you can swing it, get a revolver so you can use it as a backup or car gun. Depending on how big your hands are, I would recommend the ruger LC9 for everyday carry. It's 9mm, 7+1, and the recoil is very manageable. Otherwise, maybe a ruger SR9, or p345(.45) I have a glock 36, but just don't trust it(mental block) I've always shot rugers and never had an issue. The beretta 92 is a great gun, and comes apart easier than the glock does. If you want, we can meet up and you am your wife can try out some of my toys to help with the decision.
That would be awesome, I'm in no rush and I need to go put some rounds through mine anyway.
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #14767
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would stay away from pistol grip shotguns, recoil WILL eff you up for a second shot. Mossberg or Remington has an adjustable, AR type stock 12 Ga that I've been curious about. Felt nice at big 5, but can't remember which one it was. The mossberg they sell with both barrels is a decent choice. My buddy has one and loves it. I would recommend bird shot for self defense. It packs the power, penetration, and will stop an intruder, but won't travel through multiple walls like OO buck and slugs will. People will argue that forever, but I'm telling you, if you take a bird shot to center mass, there won't be much the paramedics can do for you by the time they get there! Plus you don't have to worry about killing your neighbor when the OO buck or slug goes through scarface!
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #14768
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bird shot will be relatively accurate for a person sized target out to about 15-20 yds, so unless you're in a machine shop the size of a high school gym, you'll be fine. A 2-3 car garage would be perfect and really ruin someone's day!
If your wife wants to carry, stay away from .380, an anything bigger than 40. Most ladies have a hard time controlling recoil of a large caliber like 45 or 357, and 380 is generally in a smaller pistol which tends to jump violently because of the lighter weight. I've got the LCP(380), LC9(9mm) sp101(357/38), Beretta 92(9mm) p345(45) ruger p95dv(9mm) glock 36(45) and a couple 22s. Hell she could even carry a 22, which with good aim, will stop someone pretty quick too, and she could empty the magazine in a 4" group!
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #14769
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

You have to qualify with a revolver to carry any revolver. You also have to qualify with a semi to carry any semi. It used to be that you had to qualify with the gun that you wanted to carry and other guns would have to be qualified with to be added to your license.

I would get any shotgun that holds more then 2 shots. If your wife plans to use it you may want to stay away from any pistol grip models. As far as a smaller carry gun I'm a big fan of the ruger lc9. It's pretty small but the caliber isn't to undersized to take someone out. Personally i think if if I was in fear of my life and was carrying a .380 I would wish I would have bought something bigger. The ruger conceal guns all have great reviews. I know a few guys on here have keltechs and seem to like them. My wife carries a beretta bobcat .22 because it's small and easy to use. All of the guys I have met on here are very willing to let you try out a gun to see if you like it.

I'm sure powr and marn will chime in soon and honestly they are better informed then I am. I don't carry anything smaller the a 4in barrel and it's a full size .45. I plan on getting a lc9 next unless I find a deal on something else to good to pass up. If you want let me know if you want to shoot anything I've got. I've got a few single action revolvers. Shotguns and a 1911. As well as a few rifles.
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #14770
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've got to get on my computer more. I cant keep up on my phone.
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #14771
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Gotcha on the shotguns.

What about the SRC40c? I have tons of 40cal ammo and could share it between it and my Glock. I'm not opposed to a 9, just curious.
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #14772
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Gotcha on the shotguns.

What about the SRC40c? I have tons of 40cal ammo and could share it between it and my Glock. I'm not opposed to a 9, just curious.
I'm a big ruger fan but I didn't like the sr or p series guns they just felt cheap, and I didn't care for them.
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #14773
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "p" in the p series is for polymer, just speculating. My p345 has a slender grip that I like, because I don't have bear-man paws. It's rather big and heavy still though, but I carry/carried it a lot for open carry. I'm getting away from open carry in the city though, too much attention and too much can go wrong. Long story short, I carry my LC9 everywhere when I'm not working. Used to carry the lcp, but am thinking of selling it.(LC9 is that much better) My p345 for hiking or jeeping, and it sits on my nightstand. My shotgun sits in the safe(was my grandfather's) when I get the cash to just blow on another gun, it may be a home defense shotgun, again, I think it's the mossberg 500? With the AR adjustable stock. My wife grabs the lcp when she goes for walks, but I would prefer that she take the lc9! I don't like the 1911s very much, because it's such a large gun in my hand, I can't reach the slide release comfortably with one hand like I can with the ruger. The grip is just bigger. I still want one though, just because!
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #14774
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My biggest problem was shaking the gun and hearing the barrel rattle around. Just seemed really cheesy and surprised me that ruger would release something like that.

I do have bear hands and really do like my 1911. I like Marns even more. Maybe I'll be able to buy rugers 1911.

Man I really want to go shooting now.
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #14775
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unload a glock and shake it! It rattles too. I agree though, it doesn't instill confidence, but it's by design for that much clearance!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.