Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 983 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #14731
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What time would you want to start that trail? Depending on when I get home from work, will determine how early I can get up. I don't think 8-9 for a meet at 830-930 an drive up from there would be too difficult. Maybe earlier.

Unread 08-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #14732
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

do you want to back out now, or wait until Friday? oh I can't stop laughing after that one.
Unread 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #14733
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

And keep in mind, I'm terribly out of shape so I can see me having to stop for a breather often. Photojared, if you wanna go, you will have to wait for me a lot, I know you hike a lot, so it may be frustrating for you and Greg, and whoever else wants to go!
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #14734
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Khris you should put some removable road warrior spikes on the front and back, for those dumb drivers around town
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #14735
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
guess that is a moderator only thing... just a lowly guy here
You can "hide" yourself but the mods can probably see it anyways.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #14736
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Khris you should put some removable road warrior spikes on the front and back, for those dumb drivers around town
Trust me, with the front bumpers on every vehicle I own, spikes or no spikes it would ruin most average vehicle's days!!! Especially the bumper on my truck which structurally is similar to the one I'm building on the race truck. Someone mentioned the lack of crush zone, I'd just use the entire other vehicle as my crush zone! LOL The top tube on my prerunner's bumper is 1.75"x.120 tubing with another piece of 1.5"x.120 tubing slid thru the center of it. LOL, I don't want it to dent!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #14737
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Trust me, with the front bumpers on every vehicle I own, spikes or no spikes it would ruin most average vehicle's days!!! Especially the bumper on my truck which structurally is similar to the one I'm building on the race truck. Someone mentioned the lack of crush zone, I'd just use the entire other vehicle as my crush zone! LOL The top tube on my prerunner's bumper is 1.75"x.120 tubing with another piece of 1.5"x.120 tubing slid thru the center of it. LOL, I don't want it to dent!
Coming soon to a news station near you: "Man in truck goes nuts and plays bumper cars on the Las Vegas strip."

"The man identified only as Khris by Metro authorities took his race truck style truck down the Strip at about 4 PM. He crashed into 203 other vehicles leaving a path of destruction almost 2 miles long. Las Vegas Metro says that 200 of the 203 other vehicles involved will likely be totaled. Ken Bernstein, the lawyer retained by Khris states that his client didn't think that the accidents were that bad as his truck left with only a small scratch. We will be updating this story as more information becomes available."

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:31 AM   #14738
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Way too many friends passing on recently...

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #14739
sirhk100

LOL, Yes!!! I'll be famous!!!

And sorry to hear...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #14740
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Way too many friends passing on recently...

Sorry to hear it bro, losing someone (even if its expected) is never easy. We're here for you though if you need to talk.. I am sure most every one of us would be happy to help any way we can.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #14741
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Hey bonez any luck in your xd hunt. I've found a few 9mm but no .45.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #14742
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Sorry to hear it bro, losing someone (even if its expected) is never easy. We're here for you though if you need to talk.. I am sure most every one of us would be happy to help any way we can.
I have lost two friends in just three weeks. Neither were expected. My friend Chris that I went to training with commited suicide on the 27th of last month. My buddy Adam passed sometime Saturday night or Sunday morning. He was supposed to meet me for another friends birthday party on Saturday night but texted saying that his dog which was quite old wasn't doing so well so he wasn't going to make the party. I told him that if he needed anything to give me a call. His final words to me were "Thx man." He and his dog were found this morning.
adam.jpg  

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #14743
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I have lost two friends in just three weeks. Neither were expected. My friend Chris that I went to training with commited suicide on the 27th of last month. My buddy Adam passed sometime Saturday night or Sunday morning. He was supposed to meet me for another friends birthday party on Saturday night but texted saying that his dog which was quite old wasn't doing so well so he wasn't going to make the party. I told him that if he needed anything to give me a call. His final words to me were "Thx man." He and his dog were found this morning.
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that, what happend?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #14744
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dang Andy sorry to hear the bad news. We lost a good friend a few months back. His was really questionable though. Supposedly he was working on his generator in the basement and died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Some say that he killed himself, yet there was questionable stuff going on with his wife at the same time and she would not give him a divorce. What raises more questions was the fact that she had a fairly large insurance policy out on him and she went the same week to his work demanding his 401k money. Not to take anything away from your friends death, but we all have crappy things happen to us and those around us. I always find it best to remember the good things about people and cherish the time that you got to spend with them.
Unread 08-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #14745
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Wow. I'm sorry to hear that, what happend?
His health wasn't the greatest. He had a kidney transplant back before I met him. Beyond that, he was in pretty decent health. He was getting over a cold that he had a hard time shaking. He had just gone through a bombshell although fairly amicable divorce. It caught everybody by surprise. Pretty much all he had left was his dog. Initial reports say natural causes. I know it sounds stupid, but I think he died of a broken heart. It really wouldn't surprise me to find out that he and the dog died within minutes of each other.

I am heading over to a friends house tonight (the same guy who had the birthday party.) I think we are going to share a few beers, a few laughs, and probably more than a few tears.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.