Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#19,541 ·
well I for one can say that Gobi's customer support is top notch. The light bar for my rack had a few chips on it that went all the way through the powder coating. Not only are they going to drive from Denver to Keystone 1.5 hours each way, but they are going to install the new one for me too. I honestly cannot think of a single company that has that type of customer support.
Adam's driveline when I was just joe blow off the street having never spent a dime with them sent john over to my house while I was doing the pinion angles during the suspension build on the rear of my truck to double check and make sure my angles were good for me! That alone was enough to sell me on the one regear I've had them do, the SYE I bought from them and the 3 driveshafts I've purchased from them since not to mention the couple others that have gone to them solely based on my word of mouth.

#19,544 ·
It'll most likely be one of the weekends in Feb. This is being said without having any clue who much work the truck is going to need after the 250 miles of abuse it's going to see next sat. Oh and for anyone that wants to see one of the most badass motorized things out there...

Wear some warm clothes and come park in this cleared out section around 7:15am on Sat the 12th and hang out for about an hour. Then go over to sloan and go shooting... There you go, good plans for a sat morning right there!!!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+...09055&hnear=Las+Vegas,+Clark,+Nevada&t=h&z=17

#19,545 ·
sirhk100 said:
It'll most likely be one of the weekends in Feb. This is being said without having any clue who much work the truck is going to need after the 250 miles of abuse it's going to see next sat. Oh and for anyone that wants to see one of the most badass motorized things out there...

Wear some warm clothes and come park in this cleared out section around 7:15am on Sat the 12th and hang out for about an hour. Then go over to sloan and go shooting... There you go, good plans for a sat morning right there!!!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=las+vegas&hl=en&ll=35.780282,-115.280517&spn=0.006241,0.009055&hnear=Las+Vegas,+Clark,+Nevada&t=h&z=17
I'll plan on being there. Anyone that wants a ride let me know. We can car pool or whatever.

#19,546 ·
Skip to about the 1:30 spot here. That exact truck and others like it will be running that exact section but going the opposite way which means they actually will be running 10-20 mph even faster then what's shown here!

And then quite a while later we'll come bouncing thru at a snails pace in comparison! LOL

right now there's about 15 vehicles entered that are capable of running that speed and likely to be more entered by race day. There's about another 20 or so entered that are capable of pushing 90-100 thru it. And then there's the rest of us. LOL

#19,548 ·
And I've tossed out the open invite ride opportunity to everyone on here for the record at our last testing day! (which nobody took advantage of and only Garza to this day from this forum has ridden in the truck) There will most likely be another open invite some weekend between Jan 12th and Feb 22nd cause that's our two next race weekends and I'll fix/prep the truck after Jan 12th and then take it out to put probably 40-50 miles on it between races. There will be one more test session after the Feb 22nd weekend with an open invite and then after that it'll most likely be a while cause the truck will sit and collect dust for quite a while at that point.
Hey.. it's not 'cause I didn't WANT to go for a ride! I just can't :( that's why I didn't show up.. I would have wanted to too much. I think it's totally awesome that you offered to take folks for rides though - that's really cool of you and Jason!

#19,551 ·
Not holding it against anyone, just giving crap and busting balls in good fun...

The next open invite test sessions should be on a weekend day so it'll probably be easier for most people. I know the last invite being on a friday made it hard for most. I kinda have to admit though, it was cool to spend the day out there getting bounced around while getting vacation pay! LOL

#19,554 ·
When you get the jeep back down here it's best for me to have you cruise by or whatever so that I can see it in person and get an idea of what you have in mind. From there I can kinda guess how much time it's gonna take, see what we might need for materials, see how it sorta kinda fits in the mix of garage projects I have lined up, etc and go from there. Payment usually involves covering the material or providing it and pizza and/or mtn dew for my labor that day. Can't work on an empty stomach you know! LOL Although I'm telling myself that after this first race I'm gonna start back in the gym so I might also attempt to cut back on the dew which is gonna be hard! I don't smoke cigarettes and actually hardly drink any alcohol but that darn dew is a mofo to kick!!!

#19,555 ·
sirhk100 said:
When you get the jeep back down here it's best for me to have you cruise by or whatever so that I can see it in person and get an idea of what you have in mind. From there I can kinda guess how much time it's gonna take, see what we might need for materials, see how it sorta kinda fits in the mix of garage projects I have lined up, etc and go from there. Payment usually involves covering the material or providing it and pizza and/or mtn dew for my labor that day. Can't work on an empty stomach you know! LOL Although I'm telling myself that after this first race I'm gonna start back in the gym so I might also attempt to cut back on the dew which is gonna be hard! I don't smoke cigarettes and actually hardly drink any alcohol but that darn dew is a mofo to kick!!!
Sounds good to me ill let you know when it's back.

#19,558 ·
Actually, I just finished my eighth year of school. Three more semesters left.
8, 30, same thing!

come on, you've seen my English skills on the book of face, you must know my math can't be much better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.