Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 971 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 08-08-2012, 02:52 AM   #14551
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've thought about that idea too, but it would never get past the planning stage. Off road travel is prohibited within the greater las Vegas area, except for nellis dunes! The county would never approve such a park due to concerns over dust and hazardous vehicular fluid leaks. It would be an EPA and county planning/licensing nightmare! You would have to deal with noise complaints if it was within five miles of any residential area, and complaints over lighting also. People complain about everything. Like sturgio said, lots of free wheeling nearby also. The cost to build such a park would be outrageous also. Large rocks and obstacles would be quite expensive to purchase/move to location. You would need to have very large front loaders and backhoes for forming and moving obstacles. Then the cleanup costs for oil, coolant, fuel, and other fluids would be prohibitively expensive!

Unread 08-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #14552
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Debbie downer here.... it does not matter. Puck does not play the lottery, his jeep will not make it to the border to buy the tickets!!! But if we are going that route, having a huge 30 story construction crane to pick up the stuck jeeps would be a good idea.
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #14553
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Powr, no need to build your jeep up, just buy this one http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3190206133.html

also for you guys looking for moabs... I know they are expensive but http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3189612375.html
Unread 08-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #14554
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Ask Bonez what that did for me the last time I was out.
Yeah, You have NO problem hittin the skinny.. Unfortunately your rig does

Hope you get your junk trail ready soon, it would be cool to have you rolling with us again
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #14555
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ctd/3181875150.html

This one is too funny. Notice that it is a sport, which cannot be ordered with matching flares/hard top. See if you can notice the color difference... But on the flip side, it looks like they installed a decent lift. I can see actual control arms instead of the really really cheap stuff, but they did use all smittybilt for the bumper/winch, then skimped on the rear bumper. But still for almost 55k if you tell me that it comes with manual windows and no lockers... It better come with an annual pass to an establishment in Pahrump.
Unread 08-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #14556
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
It better come with an annual pass to an establishment in Pahrump.
They have those? How much do they cost?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #14557
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm excited, the wing for my truck is en route!

Just gotta slap some new wood grain on it and bolt it down, instant 15HP, AT LEAST.

not to mention the down force it will create will give me increased traction on the trails, i wont even need lockers.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #14558
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I'm excited, the wing for my truck is en route!

Just gotta slap some new wood grain on it and bolt it down, instant 15HP, AT LEAST.

not to mention the down force it will create will give me increased traction on the trails, i wont even need lockers.
Btw i looked at my grandpa wing, its not pitted at all. It's just dirty.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #14559
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Btw i looked at my grandpa wing, its not pitted at all. It's just dirty.
dammit!

hmmmmmmm...money wasted i suppose. Well if you dont want it, i'll take it!

we can install your fuel pump if want.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #14560
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Powr, no need to build your jeep up, just buy this one http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3190206133.html

also for you guys looking for moabs... I know they are expensive but http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3189612375.html
It's a little high priced I think, and by the time I moved all my stuff from mine to that one and sold mine, I don't think I be gaining much. Mine only has 20k on the clock. I'm pretty sure that by the time I'm finished with mine, it will cost slightly more than a rubi, but be stronger and more able.
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #14561
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

So whats up with YSB and polka? Why arent they ever here?

And who here has a nice collection of reamers and bits? Wondering so I can install my 1 tons.
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #14562
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

not sure... I just did a quick search and found that YSB has not posted anything since 7/6 and polka has posted a bunch just today on other threads. I am sure they are still lurking the thread, just don't have any input. With how hot it has been I would not be surprised if YSB has even been in a mine lately. I know all that I want to do is either get near water or higher elevations. To me with the current temps being 68 Lee Canyon and 105 in the Valley... there is no doubt where I want to be.
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #14563
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We should do another lake weekend soon!
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #14564
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
We should do another lake weekend soon!
That way when we all make it to Hell, it wont be so bad! I am really getting sick of the heat here! It's like the older I get the less I can take of it!
Unread 08-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #14565
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

One of you bums should get a boat so we can all meet you at the dock after it is filled up with gas... spend the day out on it, then leave you to clean it by yourself. Isn't that how it normally happens when you have a boat?

I generally like to hit the lake in the am, then head out around lunch time when it starts to get really warm. I have not been to the lake this year, but I know last year I was hitting boxcar cove road, then taking the trails at the end to get to the more remote areas. I know last time everyone was talking about Callville wash...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.