Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 967 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #14491
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

What does the time and place matter...does it help give you an excuse to back out. Ha ha
Yeah, something like that! I'm not going to wake up at 600 in the morning after working until 100-200 the night before. Going to bed at 300-400 and getting less than two hours sleep sucks. It sorta makes the trip like a french fry when it should be a pizza! Lol i would venture to wager that no one here could come home from work, and immediately go to bed and be asleep within 30 minutes. You have to decompress a bit and relax. I don't like trying to function while completely exhausted. Mistakes get made and jeeps get rolled or people get shot, then there's lots of paperwork and police involvement, and it just goes downhill from there! Getting up at 9-10, I can handle and function well enough to not roll a jeep or shoot someone!

Unread 08-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #14492
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I may be down for shooting. I usually go out the 95 north to just past corn creek road. But if you don't go early it gets crowded in a hurry. I've just been going to the county range because it is close and cheap. It also gets packed on the weekends.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #14493
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Yeah, something like that! I'm not going to wake up at 600 in the morning after working until 100-200 the night before. Going to bed at 300-400 and getting less than two hours sleep sucks. It sorta makes the trip like a french fry when it should be a pizza! Lol i would venture to wager that no one here could come home from work, and immediately go to bed and be asleep within 30 minutes. You have to decompress a bit and relax. I don't like trying to function while completely exhausted. Mistakes get made and jeeps get rolled or people get shot, then there's lots of paperwork and police involvement, and it just goes downhill from there! Getting up at 9-10, I can handle and function well enough to not roll a jeep or shoot someone!
Man I can sleep anywhere anytime. When I did valet I would work all night get home to load up my atv tear it up for 6 hrs. Get home sleep for a few hours and be fine. Of course I was 19 and could get away with it. I I did it now I would probably die.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #14494
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, when I was 19-24, It was commonplace to spend all night cramming for chem and bio tests, and then get to class at 730-800 with like an hour of rest(not sleep) and do well on the test. Now, I can barely make it through my day. Haven't had a refreshing night's sleep in a few years. Insomnia sucks. It takes me about 45-60min to get to sleep, then I wake up 4-6 times a night, just to roll over and fall asleep again. Or I lay an think about random ish all night!
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #14495
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Lol i would venture to wager that no one here could come home from work, and immediately go to bed and be asleep within 30 minutes. You have to decompress a bit and relax.
With me around, you would lose that wager. I can sleep pretty much anytime after about 5 in the afternoon. My problem with sleep comes from being on shifts my body just doesn't like anymore. I have a hard time sleeping at all when I am on mids because my body wants me to be asleep at night and awake during the day.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:53 PM   #14496
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

And today in Jeep news...check out the interior enclosure sealing out the fuel tank....AND.....rear outboard and shocks are in. Now for a brain teaser....I have 12" travel shocks......we were able to achieve 7.5" uptravel and 5.5" down. Man I can't wait to see what this thing can soak up with REAL tuned shocks.
image-2093010091.jpg   image-3397537368.jpg  
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #14497
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That setup looks awesome! I need to hire one of you fabrication guys to help me make some rock rails and a roof rack!
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #14498
sirhk100

LOL, gotta love the magic of shocks at an angle. Does the coil allow for that much travel too?

I set the roof back on the truck last night. I'm a little bit pissed off at myself but nobody will notice what I did if I don't point it out and I'll make it work, just isn't as slick as I'd hoped for. Kinda lame that the lack of space in my garage is actually a little bit what messed me up tonight. Oh well... Keep going and don't look back. LOL

BTW, it's not uncommon at all for me to get off work, walk in and kick on the cooler in the garage and then pass out right away for like 45-60 minutes. Then put on the grubby clothes and head out to the garage and work till bed time.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #14499
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
LOL, gotta love the magic of shocks at an angle. Does the coil allow for that much travel too?
Actually I know the angle plays part in that some, but whilst having the 1st tune done, we removed the internal puck that robs you of 1" travel. Nothing spectacular just something I thought was cool lol. And yes coil is good through full range of travel without coming unseated.

Khris have you seen this? Cracked me up!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8150569/fab-shop?page=1
Unread 08-07-2012, 08:34 AM   #14500
sirhk100

I'll have to watch it at home, I don't have sound on my work computer...

Internal puck? Talking like the spacer that's usually between the seal head and the actual piston itself?

Unread 08-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #14501
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'll have to watch it at home, I don't have sound on my work computer...

Internal puck? Talking like the spacer that's usually between the seal head and the actual piston itself?
I'm not 100% sure that's what it is, but yea I think it's the rod spacer.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #14502
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

did someone say elephant foreskin dyed monster energy green... you cheap ****er poser
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #14503
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
did someone say elephant foreskin dyed monster energy green... you cheap ****er poser
Hahahahahaha! It will get you HOT CHIX!
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #14504
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

around the campfire
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #14505
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I'm not 100% sure that's what it is, but yea I think it's the rod spacer.
That would make sense. Every shock I've ever had apart has always had that spacer in there and I've never really understood why but at the same time I've never had the guts to pull it out and see what what happens without it. If you don't have limit straps and you're shocks are your droop limiter I'd think you'd want some sort of spacer in there so that you're not slamming your compression valve stack into the seal head at full droop but even like just a 1/4" spacer I'd think would be enough to keep everything safe yet give your shock more travel. The only thing I could ever think of for reason of having that is to help keep the shaft straight and guiding correctly at full extension. It keeps basically a minimum distance between the seal head which is also your shaft guide essentially and the piston which would act as the second guide for the shaft. At full droop if those ended up really close to each other it would make it easier for the shaft to move sideways and bind. Hard to explain in words, pictures or napkin sketches would make it a million times more clear.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.