Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 965 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #14461
sirhk100

Drove the jeep today to work. First time I've driven it in about 6 weeks. It made me really appreciate my purchase! LOL Not comfy at all and poopy ride quality in comparison!

Someone find me a buyer for it!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #14462
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

speaking of driving a Jeep... I was just wondering how I work from home so my Jeep does not get used as a DD in the normal designation, yet I was able to put over 16k miles on it in one year. It has been to socal once (San Bernadino) and Utah once (Brian Head), other then that it has been all local driving and trail rides.
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #14463
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I steal your Jeep on a daily basis and drive it to Creech. Saves the mileage on my Jeep!

Damn, I wish that were true. I rack up a **** ton of miles on my Jeep.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #14464
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Does your wife drive to work occasionally? When I firs bought my truck I put just shy of 20,000 miles on it the first year but I was constantly going to either SLC or LA. I've usually do about 1000 miles every 2 1/2 months now.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #14465
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i put like 25k a year on my work truck and like 4k on the jeep. I always figured 'man, 25k isnt a ton to drive in a year' but then i forgot that I still put a few grand on the jeep, just driving it weekends. i drive my work truck over 400 miles a week, and never leave the city.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #14466
sirhk100

I put 50K on my mazda that I sold last week in the 3 years I owned it. Probably haven't put very much on the jeep though. I rarely drove it, once a week kinda deal...

Anyone want to buy a 2010 harley fat bob FXDF? This dude wants to trade me for my jeep bad!!! He's got a trip planned on the 14th but doesn't have a jeep for the trip yet! LOL He works sales at harley here in Henderson and said he'd do the commission sell on it for me. He said his 14th trip deadline is the reason he's not just holding out to sell the bike and then pay cash. I looked, trade in on the bike is $10,600 and dealer retail is $14,320 according to KBB so it's not unreasonable...

Unread 08-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #14467
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I generally try to hit a trail every weekend. I guess once I start adding up the miles to do some of these trails it really adds up. Heck from my house to the damn is 55 miles. So if I do a trail on that side of town it will be over a hundred miles round trip plus the trail. Heck I think when I did Carpenter's Canyon that was almost 160 miles round trip. Heck from my house to ski Las Vegas is 66 miles round trip. I guess I can start to see how the miles can add up with all of the trail rides that I do.

We bought our Jetta in Mar 2011 and it already had over 26k. But that has been to the grand canyon, so cal several times, Zion a bunch, and who knows how many other places. That on the other hand is my wife's DD. The base is around 40-45 miles round trip every day. More if the kids have a dr's appointment.
Unread 08-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #14468
sirhk100

I had a job once where I put 32,000 miles on an old car of mine in 8 months. That was fun...

Unread 08-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #14469
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My work truck I put a ton of miles on. I usually get gas every day. I put about 53,000 miles on it in the last year all in town only driving. I literally drive from buffalo and 215 to the east edge of Henderson to n las Vegas back to buffalo and 215 every day. Not including calls to summerlin and other crap. I'm glad I don't pay for gas.
Unread 08-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #14470
sirhk100

When I was doing that 8 months. I was doing this commute in So Cal rush hour from Ramona to Irvine. Feel free to mapquest that one if you want to see the definition of insane! Put it this way... on 9/11... I left my house and everything was normal. By the time I got to work everything was done. I listened to the whole thing take place on the radio.

Unread 08-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #14471
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
When I was doing that 8 months. I was doing this commute in So Cal rush hour from Ramona to Irvine. Feel free to mapquest that one if you want to see the definition of insane! Put it this way... on 9/11... I left my house and everything was normal. By the time I got to work everything was done. I listened to the whole thing take place on the radio.
That is crazy far. People complain about commuting from summerlin to downtown here. They have no idea.
I was a freshman in high school on 9/11.
Unread 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #14472
sirhk100

It was literally 100 miles one way door to door. It was a temp to hire position for what I was hoping was a first "career" type job post college. They never got the funding to hire me on full time so after 8 months of that commute I found a different job that got me into the auto industry. I didn't want to make the move up to orange county till I knew the position was permanent. Glad I didn't!

And yes, I absolutely laugh when people complain about their commute or driving across vegas! I left my house at 5am for that job and usually didn't get home till after 8pm.

Heck, live in san diego, driving around Vegas is like living in a small town compared to San Diego or SoCal anywhere in general.

Unread 08-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #14473
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The traffic around here is really not that bad. I have lived in places with far worse traffic. The good thing about here is that we currently have enough room for future growth. I look at many of the side roads near my house and most of them are 4 lane roads, that is unheard of in most cities, esp on the east coast. The main issue around here is the sheer number of tourist and the other people who just flat out do not know where they are going. I watched someone yesterday come to a complete stop of the off ramp for Spring Mountain on 15 south. They could not decide if they wanted to get off the freeway or not, so they stopped on the off ramp while still in the traffic lane, but still enough room to get back on the freeway if they needed. I was waiting for an 18 wheeler to come through at 65 mph and plow right through them. You can say mean all you want to, but that is what I call natural selection. I will say that Vegas does top my list of cities that you have to be a very defensive driver. Sometimes the best defense is an good offense too, What the jeep lacks in power it makes up in armor.
Unread 08-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #14474
sirhk100

I've had the explorer 6 weeks now I think and it's already been hit twice. First one was a dude looking right and turning left. Corner of my rear bumper shattered his headlight, ripped out his turn signal and tore open his fender. Scratched the krylon on my bumper. Then about a week ago I had a taxi pull a nascar move and decide he want to try and pit maneuver himself into my front end. The problem was it was all my tire sidewall that ran down the rear fender of his taxi leaving a rad black swirly and punching it in. Again, zero damage other then a clean tire on my side. I just laughed at both of them when we stopped, got back in my ride and drove away for the most part.

Unread 08-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #14475
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I've had the explorer 6 weeks now I think and it's already been hit twice. First one was a dude looking right and turning left. Corner of my rear bumper shattered his headlight, ripped out his turn signal and tore open his fender. Scratched the krylon on my bumper. Then about a week ago I had a taxi pull a nascar move and decide he want to try and pit maneuver himself into my front end. The problem was it was all my tire sidewall that ran down the rear fender of his taxi leaving a rad black swirly and punching it in. Again, zero damage other then a clean tire on my side. I just laughed at both of them when we stopped, got back in my ride and drove away for the most part.
People are freakin idiots in this city. i swear i have to lay on the horn at least twice a day in my work truck. I'm just waiting until its something i cant avoid.

I was coming back from the shooting park yesterday and i was on like decatur and azure or something (just south of the 215) and I was pulling a LEGAL u-turn (left most turn lane and the little signy thing on the traffic lights had a u turn on the inside lane) and some jabrone in a jeep liberty apparently was of the understanding that you can go right on red no matter what, as long as you come to a stop. He must have stopped for about 1/2 second and just started going after i was already mid u-turn.

how the hell don't you see my jeep? Its a freakin battleship.

I had to stop and laid on the horn about 2' from his fender. made the old "watch the road" motion with my fingers while yelling 'open your ****ing eyes' to his closed windows. The bastard had the audacity to honk back at me.

I love it, somebody can 100% cause an accident and they're the pissed off one.

****ing idiots.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.