Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 961 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 08-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #14401
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got some parts back from powder coat today. Corners, sliders, tramp stamp, front fenders, OEM CJ7 tailgate hinges, and grille! Oh and a body mount lift.....its all in the details!

image-2020096991.jpg   image-3228622700.jpg   image-696240978.jpg   image-630133139.jpg  
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #14402
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Got some parts back from powder coat today. Corners, sliders, tramp stamp, front fenders, OEM CJ7 tailgate hinges, and grille! Oh and a body mount lift.....its all in the details!
Where did you get it done? I've looked around and Vegas seems really expensive for powder coating for some reason.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #14403
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Mine was all done in CA. The only place I have experience with here is Garage Works. They we're really nice and seem to do good work. A custom vehicle shop right by my office uses them for all kinds of stuff especially wheels.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #14404
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
dude, looking awesome.

when's it gonna be done?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #14405
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well the tentative goal is labor day weekend, but hope to be done no later than Hump and Bump in Logandale. It's pretty much all my fault lol. I tore down to only do a transmission swap from the 6-spd to a 4spd auto with a true flat skid. Turned into a full re-build......but going to be soooo worth it!
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #14406
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

also, hows the yard?

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #14407
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Nice that's a clean cherokee!

See puck, one day your rig could look like that!
that is a very nice looking Cherokee. However, my rig will never look that nice due to the fact I bought it to wheel the piss out of it. Rock dents, smashed fenders, caged topless are in the future. When im done with it what can be salvaged will be sold and the rest junked.
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #14408
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
that is a very nice looking Cherokee. However, my rig will never look that nice due to the fact I bought it to wheel the piss out of it. Rock dents, smashed fenders, caged topless are in the future. When im done with it what can be salvaged will be sold and the rest junked.
Whoa! Ear's perked on topless and caged!!! I'd say I'm down for next summer but I don't know if it'll fit in my garage and I'm not doing it in the driveway in the heat. I'm booked up solid basically though most likely till next summer at this point which sucks to even think about!!! LOL But when you're ready hit me up, I'd love to watch you cut the roof off and we could knock out a pretty basic cage in nothing flat. I'm guessing you're not going for anything EXTREME!!! DO THE DEW!!!!! SICKY GNARTASTIC BRO CUZ WERE FROM THE LAND OF GNARNIA!!! like I'm doing on the race truck right?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #14409
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Whoa! Ear's perked on topless and caged!!! I'd say I'm down for next summer but I don't know if it'll fit in my garage and I'm not doing it in the driveway in the heat. I'm booked up solid basically though most likely till next summer at this point which sucks to even think about!!! LOL But when you're ready hit me up, I'd love to watch you cut the roof off and we could knock out a pretty basic cage in nothing flat. I'm guessing you're not going for anything EXTREME!!! DO THE DEW!!!!! SICKY GNARTASTIC BRO CUZ WERE FROM THE LAND OF GNARNIA!!! like I'm doing on the race truck right?
You are a generous man! Can I help?

Unread 08-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #14410
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Welp I'm currently in the haggling state for a YJ tonight. He is lookin for a zj and a stick welder. Both of which I have. Hopefully I will be able to get rid of some junk and be a functional jeep owner again.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #14411
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Welp I'm currently in the haggling state for a YJ tonight. He is lookin for a zj and a stick welder. Both of which I have. Hopefully I will be able to get rid of some junk and be a functional jeep owner again.
I hear there's a trail run on sat......lol

Unread 08-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #14412
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Got a JCR 1 ton steering kit from my friend today! I just need to buy a couple more tie rod ends to connect everything together and then just drill my crap all out and install.
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 01:25 AM   #14413
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

nope, just want to shore up whats left of the body after the lid come off. Well, that and keep the passengers safe(ish) if it turns turtle. First and foremost, getting the electric fuel pump mounted at the tank rerun a new line and new lines under the hood to stop the vapor lock.
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 03:44 AM   #14414
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like Khris had a bit of a dew buzz going! Bet the crash was hard!(that's what SHE said) I'm going to be fabbing a top-of-tire carrier basket in the next few days. Hope it goes well!
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:21 AM   #14415
sirhk100

Well like I said, I'm absolutely slammed for the foreseeable future but I'm guessing this isn't one you're looking to do anytime really soon. Guessing at least...

Anyone that wanted to come over and watch the show is welcome. The crowd talking crap while he cuts his roof off could be pretty epic! It's only the first cut that hurts, after that it's easy! Then you can be like me the other night where you just look at it and laugh at what you did!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.