Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 960 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #14386
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
A lot.....
You can also ask Jared about the reliability....er, i mean.....highly precision tuning required for an FSJ.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #14387
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I do want to take Mormon wells through the dry lake into Alamo one of these days. It's a 3-4 jeep trip though. Khris, I've heard that if one runs into silt, the only thing to do is bury the gas and don't let off until out. Probably true, yes?
You're 4WD and I'm guessing aired down. Chances are 99.9999% you'll be fine! True silt beds are flat out nasty though!!! Momentum is your friend but it's also scary cause there can be stuff under the silt that you might hit that your suspension and rig might not like depending how nasty it is!

Generally though, with 4wd you'll cruise thru it.

2WD, yeah, pin it and pray and search for any hardpack you can! LOL

I've ridden my dirt bike thru silt in baja where the fork legs were dragging and causing the silt to kick up and hit my shins/boots. It felt almost like someone was spraying me with a hose only I was dry. The whole lower half of the wheel was under yet I was still moving. Nasty stuff!!!! If you've seen Dust to Glory, the silt scene in there where they've got the door opened trying to air out the cab is classic!!! If you haven't seen that movie but are an offroad enthusiast do yourself a favor and rent it!!! It's a racing movie but as an offroader in general you'll appreciate and enjoy it! The Mario Andretti scene is great!!!

Actually best part of the whole movie is that my old explorer and me are in the movie in the background during one of the pit scenes. It's the scene where mouse mccoy is talking with rick johnson in the pits. We're across the way and down one pit. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #14388
sirhk100

Did someone say station wagon?

Unread 08-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #14389
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Did someone say station wagon?
yup.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #14390
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dust to glory is awesome. The trophy trucks are crazy sick! I was more impressed with the bikes though and I'm not really into dirt bike.
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #14391
sirhk100

We were pitting for the team that won the 250CC pro bike class that year. I actually raced on the bike in the 250 and the 500 but cause I had the most capable vehicle for transferring riders I didn't ride in the 1000. It was sweet actually cause from the pit that I'm seen in in the movie we left there which was on the pacific side of the peninsula and did a 80 mile dirt run across the peninsula to san felipe to drop off the rider for his night section. It was a blast of a run!!! We had to cover 80 miles, the bike had about 350 miles till it got to us in San Felipe though. We had another chase truck running the pacific side. From the midway point and back up on the other it was all me. I still have my team shirt with name embroidered on it and everything from that year! Good times/memories!!!

Unread 08-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #14392
sirhk100

By the way, in dust to glory, that Mouse McCoy guy that they followed that did the solo run on the bike. He was the director I believe in "Act of Valor" if you saw that movie recently? They played him up to be doing something insane and impossible and like heroic in dust to glory when the reality is, there's many people that do it every year, including the year they did the dust to glory film. They kinda hyped up solo'ing the race a bit more then it really is in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's pretty crazy and impressive to do but they made it seem kinda like he's the only one to ever do it which is very far from reality.

Unread 08-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #14393
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I do want to take Mormon wells through the dry lake into Alamo one of these days. It's a 3-4 jeep trip though. Khris, I've heard that if one runs into silt, the only thing to do is bury the gas and don't let off until out. Probably true, yes?
That would be the Alamo Road, Mormon Wells heads over to the Coyote Springs area and doesn't go anywhere near the lake bed.
Unread 08-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #14394
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
dude....and you have coils.

I about rattled my teeth out of my head by the end of that one. The crappy thing is the far end is worse than the beginning. the beginning is washboard at least but the end is like all fist sized rocks and crap. ugh.

there wasnt even anything pretty/fun up there. Maybe i'd do it again in the snow?
I've only ever done it in the snow, and that was pretty cool.
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #14395
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I only hit patches of snow last winter when I did it. Hopefully there will more this year.

Speaking of which, I would like to do death valley this fall once it starts cooling down. Do Titus canyon then find somewhere cool to camp for the night.
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #14396
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Found one in LA, Marn

Unread 08-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #14397
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj
Found one in LA, Marn
Nice that's a clean cherokee!

See puck, one day your rig could look like that!

Quote:

Unread 08-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #14398
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I drove up the from the south end of Cave valley one time, lots of silt, just punched it and prayed! Didn't dare stop. Turned my blue Jeep into this tan one......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VKQcDjnY#t=23s
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #14399
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Nice that's a clean cherokee!

See puck, one day your rig could look like that!
Sounded supper nice too it was moving right along at 85
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #14400
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

EXTREEEEEMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. ARRRRRRERRGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I cannot imagine the bro/ho-spawn that these two would create if they mated. The kids would be riding their own quads and dirt bike's before they could walk. Screw milk they come out of the womb wanting Coors light and wearing ed hardy.

TUNDA and BOOSRYD

forumrunner_20120802_175516.jpg

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.