Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 96 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #1426
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yeah, we did that without realizing it. I didn't want to trip on anything or fall through something. In mma, when choked out, it's actually the blood flow to the brain that's pinched off, not air flow. Takes 1-2 minutes to blackout from no air, seconds when blood is pinched correctly. Crazy huh?
Actually, I was attempting to use that analogy as an example of oxygen deprivation. Not the literal sense of choking.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #1427
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
So, is it just gay german thugs that bother you?
You know who else was gay? Hitler.

Seriously, that place had a horror movie feeling to it.
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #1428
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
You know who else was gay? Hitler.

Seriously, that place had a horror movie feeling to it.
You need to add a UV light to your bag. Who knows what you would have found in the german gay torture cave. You could go all CSI on the scene.
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #1429
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

YSB
Yea we thought that is where it was. Are any of the DC3 motors still up there? There is two trails past the A frame. one puts you at the start of the hike. the other takes you way past. you can see some cave/mine opening on top of the MT.
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #1430
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
You need to add a UV light to your bag. Who knows what you would have found in the german gay torture cave. You could go all CSI on the scene.
Uuuummmm......Just YUCK
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #1431
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There was a natural cave up there that only went back far enough to make it look like a cave. There's also a few prospect mines in that area. One is covered with bars. The other two only went back maybe five feet.

There is nothing up there that even resembles a motor or plane part that we saw. There may still be parts up there, but they'd be scattered. From what I read, the largest parts; fuselage, wings, landing gear were collected not long after the crash. There were smaller parts of the motors left, but those seem to be gone now too.

We did see a few large pieces of unidentifiable parts near the base. We figured they just fell after the crash.
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #1432
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, I have herd that there is a natural cave out there somewhere that actually has formations in it. Do you know of such a place? Also there is supposed to be a lead/silver mine near it also. Any ideas?
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #1433
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

*heard* not that my "herd" needs to be discussed here! Need to really check my spelling before "send"
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:43 AM   #1434
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

...re-edit it

Nice Pics YSB. I really have to go with you. I like exploring, but have no clue what to encounter (at least here in vegas desert). I mostly worried about something that can Bit me with a venom(Snakes & Spiders). Curiosity kills the cat they say.
BTW have you been in the cave by Warm Springs and Fort Apache. Its a a big hole inside a mountain and it goes through. I'll have the pics and coordinates later after work.
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #1435
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, I have herd that there is a natural cave out there somewhere that actually has formations in it. Do you know of such a place? Also there is supposed to be a lead/silver mine near it also. Any ideas?
There are quite a few natural caves in the area. There is lots of gypsum around here which is a soft rock. The same stuff they make sheet rock walls with. That gets worn away and leaves a cave. There is a large gypsum cave somewhere around Lake Mead where the remains of a giant sloth were found. I haven't been able to find proper coordinates to it.

Most of the mines here had lead in them. Also, lots of copper and iron, but they all wanted gold and silver. My wife found a few ounces of silver in the Cottonwood Pass area. We know it's up there. Silver is still less than $50 an ounce. If it were valued more, I'd be up there digging for it myself.
Unread 10-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #1436
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
...re-edit it

Nice Pics YSB. I really have to go with you. I like exploring, but have no clue what to encounter (at least here in vegas desert). I mostly worried about something that can Bit me with a venom(Snakes & Spiders). Curiosity kills the cat they say.
BTW have you been in the cave by Warm Springs and Fort Apache. Its a a big hole inside a mountain and it goes through. I'll have the pics and coordinates later after work.
I've been in most of the caves in that area. The trails leading up to them were closed to motor vehicle traffic this past year. You can still hike up to them, but I won't be making that trip again.

There have been neighborhoods at the base of those hills for a couple years now. The area was too easy for kids to reach and everything up there is now covered with graffiti. Too bad. It was beautiful in there.

You should always be looking for hazards like snakes, but snakes will almost always avoid you if given a chance. Just be very careful when stepping over large obstacles like rocks. There could be a snake hiding on the other side. Also, try to step a little harder coming up to areas where a snake may be. I usually kick a small rock before getting close to a place a snake may be. Give it a little warning of your approach and they'll likely slither off.

Last edited by YouStupidBunny; 10-05-2011 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: I can spell!
Unread 10-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #1437
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

The sloth cave is actually called Gypsum Cave. It's north of town. N36degrees 13.230 W114degrees 54.216 will get you on the road to it at that point you go 8.3 miles and the cave Is 200 yards north of there. Sorry don't have the exact cave coordinates but this should get you close. BTW all the trails talked about on here I have found in this book. Great book.
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #1438
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anything going on this weekend? I would like to do a trail run, maybe on Sunday...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #1439
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Man, looks like you guys have been having fun out there, while I'm stuck at home tearing down carburetors and cleaning fuel lines.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #1440
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOJIK View Post
Anything going on this weekend? I would like to do a trail run, maybe on Sunday...
Isnt the reception Sunday?

If you don't go jeepin, I'm down to go shootin, i should have the new rifle painted up in the next few days.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.