Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 957 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #14341
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

speaking of which...

hey guys, look at this!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/...evada-1400639/

use it, please! We cna BS in here, its seriously hard to separate the wheelin stuff though because we chat so much. somebody post up in the other thread with dates and locations if there's going to be a run, talk about meetups and stuff over there, but pleaseeeeee try to keep it on topic.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #14342
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortarjeep221 View Post
Hey guys im new to jeep forum. You guys do alot of meets and wheeling together as a group?
welcome to the forum/board/area/jeep world. As you can tell by just reading one page we are a bunch of asshats. We joke around a lot on here so you have to be very thick skinned. But we do group rides from time to time.

What kind of Jeep do you have?
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #14343
mortarjeep221

I got a 93 xj not much done to it got km2s 2" spacers and shackles
mortarjeep221 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #14344
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
surprised that Scott has not chimed in with the bugs. Must be that he is too good for us now that his wife took the bar exam. He is probably driving flexing on some curbs at the local mall in his new hummer.
I'm much to good for you jeep owners with running rigs. Haha.
Scorpions are all like spiders. Even if you have your house sprayed you will still see scorpions. When a residual pesticide dries it attaches to a bugs feet/body. When the bug grooms itself it eats the pesticide then dies. Roaches will groom every 3-5 mins which is why you will find them dead or die-ing usually outside. Spiders and scorpions are not as cleanly. It depends on the species but grooming could be as little as once a month. For scorpions prevention and preventing harborage are the best forms of control. Residual sprays arent very effective but powders are. The best treatment I've found is using a bulb duster and dusting cracks and voids in your brick walls surrounding your yard. Then dusting any exterior voids on your home.
There complementary advice from a *** with an F-150. Oh and Greg the roaches are fairly smart. They learned that the walls have been treated so they will avoid them. If your bug guy uses a different product next time you may stop seeing activity.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #14345
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

no, you don't have to be thick skinned, the worst in here is simply a light ribbing!

thats cool tho, welcome to the club!

got a pic of your jeep?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #14346
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm much to good for you jeep owners with running rigs. Haha.
Scorpions are all like spiders. Even if you have your house sprayed you will still see scorpions. When a residual pesticide dries it attaches to a bugs feet/body. When the bug grooms itself it eats the pesticide then dies. Roaches will groom every 3-5 mins which is why you will find them dead or die-ing usually outside. Spiders and scorpions are not as cleanly. It depends on the species but grooming could be as little as once a month. For scorpions prevention and preventing harborage are the best forms of control. Residual sprays arent very effective but powders are. The best treatment I've found is using a bulb duster and dusting cracks and voids in your brick walls surrounding your yard. Then dusting any exterior voids on your home.
There complementary advice from a *** with an F-150. Oh and Greg the roaches are fairly smart. They learned that the walls have been treated so they will avoid them. If your bug guy uses a different product next time you may stop seeing activity.
I've just tried to use that 'many purpose dust' **** that is apparently not good for pets and babies. I sprinkle it around the door jambs and whatnot. we dont get too many in the house....at least not that we see, and we try to keep the place clean from clutter, and other bugs (I figure no food, no water, no shelter, they dont really have a reason to hang out).

what about diatonacious earth or whatever?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #14347
mortarjeep221

Heres one from my phone got tons others on my camera at home

forumrunner_20120802_111515.jpg
mortarjeep221 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #14348
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I've just tried to use that 'many purpose dust' **** that is apparently not good for pets and babies. I sprinkle it around the door jambs and whatnot. we dont get too many in the house....at least not that we see, and we try to keep the place clean from clutter, and other bugs (I figure no food, no water, no shelter, they dont really have a reason to hang out).

what about diatonacious earth or whatever?
Note to self, collect all the bugs and crap that I can and throw them in the windows at Marns house. Thus giving other bugs a place to hang out.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #14349
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Note to self, collect all the bugs and crap that I can and throw them in the windows at Marns house. Thus giving other bugs a place to hang out.
note to self: fire rapidly at any shady looking figures moving about outside my windows!

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-02-2012, 12:22 PM   #14350
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
note to self: fire rapidly at any shady looking figures moving about outside my windows!
Puck stalks you too?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #14351
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

only on weekends.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #14352
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

he was just checking the windows to see if you were home... then he had an itch that needed to be scratched.
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #14353
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Why on earth is the dude in the foreground in focus and the chick not? Who took that picture?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #14354
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Powr, are you the one with the sp101?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #14355
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Why on earth is the dude in the foreground in focus and the chick not? Who took that picture?
pretty sure thats John Belushi from animal house or something.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.