Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 947 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #14191
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
He totally deserved it though! How's that muddy water taste? Everyone HAS to be first. People don't realize that they aren't going to get ahead in traffic!
I give that dude credit for the forethought to line that up and pull the trigger on such a successful move!!! That's some serious planning on the fly! LOL

Just today at lunch, 4 lanes going my way, I'm in the far right which turns into and forces you onto the freeway on ramp. It's been backed up a ways and I'm patiently waiting my turn. I swear you guys would probably fall asleep driving with me cause I'm just never in a hurry to get anywhere and have no issues with traffic. Anyways, some dude cuts the whole line and decides I'm the guy he's going to dive in on. He ended up basically having to stop because I wasn't going to give and his other option was to drive right into the end of the deviding wall... Dips hit!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #14192
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Picked up a new plinker.....Rossi 62 (copy of the original Winchester 62).

Hopefully it'll be a good shooter!

forumrunner_20120730_220300.jpg

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #14193
sirhk100

I've only shot a shotgun once but I've thought about picking one up.

Unread 07-31-2012, 01:09 AM   #14194
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So my thoughts and plans are a little goofy, huh Khris? I see how it is, callin me out in public, right? Ok, well you're.....uh....you....your...not orange! Ha, gotcha!
It seems like every day, I see some crazy ish on the road that just surprises me. I shouldn't be surprised any more, but it happens! People wait till the last minute to change lanes when there's a lane closed sign. No one looks ahead, they are all taillight drivers. Looking at the taillights in front of them and no farther! IDIOTS!
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #14195
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

my wife likes to watch the taillights of the car in front of me when we drive. She flips out every time they light up... I just laugh tell her to look in front of that car, there is nothing there. Granted my foot is off the gas and hovering over the brake, but I do not just slam on the brake like half of the other idiots. I am generally watching what traffic is doing as far ahead as I can and base my driving off of that.

Khris, I do not know of many people in this group that would care about you bringing your truck out on runs. We are not the desert wranglers... "WRANGLERS ONLY!!!" haha. Heck Scott always brings his F150 and he even helped tow out Puck on one ride.
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #14196
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Guess there is a pretty bad roll over on 215 north, west of Durango. Sorry pwr, but not pictures. All I can hear is helicopters and sirens. I saw one flying really low when it we had a rain shower pass by, but we thought it was just to get some coverage of a flash flood or something.
Unread 07-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #14197
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I've only shot a shotgun once but I've thought about picking one up.
Its a .22

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #14198
sirhk100

The rifle picture made me think of that though... I've been tossing around thoughts of getting one. Not sure why, it'll probably just collect dust and get used like once or twice a year but it's something else that can go bang.

Unread 07-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #14199
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Khris, I do not know of many people in this group that would care about you bringing your truck out on runs. We are not the desert wranglers... "WRANGLERS ONLY!!!" haha. Heck Scott always brings his F150 and he even helped tow out Puck on one ride.
It'll still be a long time till it's ready though unfortunately. I'm actually right now thinking that late winter/early spring I'm going to pickup a completely 100% stock expo in good shape for dirt cheap (easy to find) and just swap everything from mine over to it. I think after I spend the money and take the time to fix all the gremlins and issues with this fixer upper I'd be better off going that route. When I'm done I'll have a flatbed tow away what's left of mine and just donate it or something for tax write off...

Like this one... Just park it in the driveway next to mine and I'd think over about 2-3 weekends I could have everything swapped over. Only custom fab work needed would be the front and rear upper shock mounts and the tabs for the rear fiberglass. Everything else is bolt on... Then put all the stock stuff onto mine quick and ugly style and unload it...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3162782751.html

Unread 07-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #14200
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Guess there is a pretty bad roll over on 215 north, west of Durango. Sorry pwr, but not pictures. All I can hear is helicopters and sirens. I saw one flying really low when it we had a rain shower pass by, but we thought it was just to get some coverage of a flash flood or something.
I must have passed through there just before it happened. Hell, maybe I caused it!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #14201
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
The rifle picture made me think of that though... I've been tossing around thoughts of getting one. Not sure why, it'll probably just collect dust and get used like once or twice a year but it's something else that can go bang.
Get one. Its a versitile and useful piece of hardware.

Do you not go shooting much in general or just don't really have a use for a shotgun?

Quote:

Unread 07-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #14202
sirhk100

Don't go shooting much in general. Too busy 99% of the time to even think to myself that going out shooting would be fun. Like late last week, I had every intention of going to at least spectate a steel competition match last night that's a weekly monday night gig. But over the weekend plans changed and I'm going to be in San Diego this next weekend. That means less progress on this truck build so rather then going to that shooting match you can see what I did last night instead.

Even when I don't have a full race truck build in my lap with a Nov deadline to take some dieing kids on a ride I still tend to be pretty busy in general and time to go shooting just isn't there.

I'm actually a pretty good shot with my pistol but I'm not proficient enough to feel like I'd want to pull it out in a crowd and unload which is why I don't carry for the most part. I do sometimes take it on trips or have it in the vehicle but even though I can hit a circle 99.99999% of the time, doing it in real life with others around is something different. All my practice has been just shooting circles.

Shotgun would just be a toy, pretty much like my pistol. I'd occasionally take it to the boulder members range but that's probably about it.

I did just get 500 rounds for my pistol yesterday. They shipped wrong so it took a bit longer then I'd hoped.

Unread 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #14203
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

no, makes sense, people have different hobbies and different time commitments, i was just wondering is all.

I probably go shooting too much, and should find something else to work on.....like a jeep.

oh wait.

i probably spend too much time working on my jeep and shooting. i should probably find something else to work on....like my relationship. but wheres the fun in that?

Speaking of relationships, i havent driven my jeep in 4 weeks. its been sitting in storage all covered up.

Quote:

Unread 07-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #14204
sirhk100

Funny part is shooting and well, most of my hobbies are kind of expensive. The cool thing about this race truck build is I'm actually able to save some money since I'm not actually funding the build. He's covering all the parts and consumables and even race weekend expenses. I just show up, drive, go home, he gives me money, I fix what we broke, and then repeat. My spending endless hours on it keeps me from spending endless hours doing things that cost me money. LOL

Unread 07-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #14205
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I've come to work on the weekends in the past to help my boss (projects in the shop or whatever) and i've told him the same thing

"you know, i really appreciate this opportunity to help you because its saving me money!" and gave him the same explanation you just did.

Its funny, now he offers to help me save money all the time, haha.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.