Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 946 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #14176
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
There's a good chance it'll be a convertible tomorrow or tues night...

Thanks for swingin by Andy! Good to meet you and the extra hands were useful!
So you decided to cut the top off before the tech inspector comes out?

It was nice to meet you too. I'll be back soon to help out some more. Would you happen to have a link to the class rules? I want to read up on them.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #14177
sirhk100

Yeah, I'm just going to go for it. No reason to really wait the more I thought about it yesterday afternoon. I actually last night sat down and wrote out a agenda and ballpark completion time for each section and I really think we'll be good to go assuming my progress stays as it's been all summer so far.

Rule book is found here.

hdrarace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Rule-Book-v1.1.2-FINAL.pdf

It's a bit strange if you're not used to how they do the rule books. The first 22 pages are pretty much covering everything for every class of racer. They talk about the general race rules, general safety construction, etc... Then down on page 82 is the rules that are specific to our class 2000. So basically we have to obey/build to everything in the first 22 pages like everyone does, and then our class specific rules are covered in the 2000 section on page 82.

If it's not listed or addressed, it's fair game...

Now that's for HDRA which is the series we're going to focus on at this point for year long points and to really be competitive in.

When we race other series, at this point most don't have that class 2000 so we'd be racing in something more like they have listed for class 1400 which is much more open to what you can do. In those races we could be lined up next to guys with steel cab functioning doors but basically a trophy truck other then that...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #14178
sirhk100

Interesting comparison of the various stages of this truck...

Unread 07-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #14179
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Toyota forum is -----------------> that way!

Nah just kidding.

that truck looks like its had quite a few different 'configurations' over the years.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #14180
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The I see the more I want to build a vw long travel bug. We have a family friend who owns Bunderson racing here in town. His son had one and it was pretty awesome.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #14181
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Toyota forum is -----------------> that way!
<----------------------- well nobody talks jeeps in here, it's mostly guns lately... Might as well mix it up. And actually now that I'm looking at the title of the thread I'll bet this truck when done or my other 2WD toyota right now would go most places a lot of people on here typically would take their jeeps from the pictures I've seen! U'd be surprised what some tires air'd down to 12 and a spool will do when you also have the luxury of momentum. In other words, I can wheel officially in southern nevada and las vegas too... LOL

Plus, you don't gotta be jealous, it's okay... Wanna buy a jeep? I'll sell you one!

I'm sure anyone in with the bunderson group probably has a pretty nice baja that's for sure!

Unread 07-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #14182
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I enjoy the truck and fab stuff. I have to say never having met Khris face to face he seems to be one of the nicest guys I've ever seen into the pre runner thing. Most of the others I've met are huge pricks and are most likely posers.
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #14183
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

<----------------------- well nobody talks jeeps in here, it's mostly guns lately... Might as well mix it up. And actually now that I'm looking at the title of the thread I'll bet this truck when done or my other 2WD toyota right now would go most places a lot of people on here typically would take their jeeps from the pictures I've seen! U'd be surprised what some tires air'd down to 12 and a spool will do when you also have the luxury of momentum. In other words, I can wheel officially in southern nevada and las vegas too... LOL

Plus, you don't gotta be jealous, it's okay... Wanna buy a jeep? I'll sell you one!

I'm sure anyone in with the bunderson group probably has a pretty nice baja that's for sure!
Lol I'm just giving you crap.

I've enjoyed seeing the pictures of the build so far.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #14184
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I enjoy the truck and fab stuff. I have to say never having met Khris face to face he seems to be one of the nicest guys I've ever seen into the pre runner thing. Most of the others I've met are huge pricks and are most likely posers.
'Lets go jump some dunes bro!' Type guys?

Unread 07-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #14185
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Extreeeeeeeme!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #14186
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Exactly the type
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #14187
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Discuss ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PtCu34Tq94I
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #14188
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
That's why I have a train horn. They are both D-Bags.
Unread 07-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #14189
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
He totally deserved it though! How's that muddy water taste? Everyone HAS to be first. People don't realize that they aren't going to get ahead in traffic!
Unread 07-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #14190
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
LOL, you guys pretty much nailed the majority in Vegas I've noticed! In San Diego from up till late '04 when I moved the scene was still small and all the cool kids hadn't decided it was the cool thing to have yet so the people into it were far and few between and down to earth. It was pre flatbill and black socks days! Then in Az. the scene there was really cool!!! Everyone helped everyone and it honestly reminded me of a go fast version of the jeep crowd! At races it was common to see people loaning out spare parts to their competitors to keep them in the race so they could beat them fair and square or even loose fair and square.

Here in Vegas though, lots of egos, lots of my stuff is cooler then yours, lots of lameness! It's the prerunner group though... The guys that are actually out there racing all are down to earth and good people for the most part. Some of their groupies are idiots though for sure and think they're cool just cause they hang out in the scene.

I try to help out anyone and anyhow I can. It's rare that I say no... Lately I've been a bit more busy and up to my elbows with this project which is causing my other person projects to start to pile up now too. I've pretty much accepted that this exploder isn't going to be getting any lovin till probably spring cause I need to deal with issues on my toyota after this race truck and then it's next. LOL

Typically though, I still even with this truck have random people and even jeep owners swinging by to weld up things, borrow tools, use driveway space, etc... Heck, first time I met Merrick was me helping him put his lift on in my garage. I think the last time I saw his jeep I was cutting huge holes in his hood! LOL I've welded up swaybar mounts for a warmachiner and welded on some control arm skids for a dude that was just passing thru town about a month ago just cause...

I'll admit, I'm opinionated and sometimes think some of you guys are a bit goofy with your decisions and interests but we're all different but yet everyone on here seems like a pretty good group! Once I get the front end working in the exploder I'd still join up for wheeling trips, too bad it'll be a while. I mean, that's assuming you're willing to take the chance of getting shown up by a mall wagon!!! LOL

Oh, and this here... This is absolutely a first for me!!! I gotta admit, I just stood back and laughed when I turned around and saw what I'd done tonight! HAHAHAHAHA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.