Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 944 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 07-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #14146
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
LOL, great, now my post will make zero sense!!!
Since when did they make any sense in the first place.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #14147
sirhk100

Basically this is the same thing as that expo and that FJ. Only difference is this arm with the shocks are going to the rear where the FJ's are going forward, same function though. You'll see gonig forward on this below the 4 link bars and a swaybar above it and then the mezzanine arms going to the rear.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 04:49 PM   #14148
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Since when did they make any sense in the first place.
You need to take a couple shots of patron before you read them! I thought that was a given?

Unread 07-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #14149
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

man, there is some crazy suspension out there.

I dont even have sway bars. haha.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #14150
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
man, there is some crazy suspension out there.

I dont even have sway bars. haha.
It's gonna be a while cause I need to finish this race truck and do some upgrades and prep to my toyota first but I'm probably going to be doing something a bit off the wall on the rear of my expo when the time comes to address it. Just so that I can get some better shocks fit under the rear without coming thru the floor.

Unread 07-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #14151
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

It's gonna be a while cause I need to finish this race truck and do some upgrades and prep to my toyota first but I'm probably going to be doing something a bit off the wall on the rear of my expo when the time comes to address it. Just so that I can get some better shocks fit under the rear without coming thru the floor.
Wouldn't that be 'explo'?

Its not an exporer hahaha

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #14152
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

No it's actually spelled "exploder"
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #14153
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Need some help. I saw this truck today, and I got thinking. Say there was a line of d-bags and hipsters, with an average height of 5 foot 9 inches, and say this line extended out for an indefinite distance beyond a 12 foot high 30 degree ramp, and say I was driving this truck up the ramp at 73 MPH with a 12 MPH tail wind ... how many extra d-bags and hipsters would I clear before smashing the rest as a result of that wing?
forumrunner_20120727_193706.jpg  
Unread 07-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #14154
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You'd clear none of them because you would lock the brakes on the ramp, then floor it once back on pavement!!
Unread 07-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #14155
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Okay, lets see if I can make this make any sense...
Makes more sense now. I didn't really understand what was going on there because from the first picture of the rear suspension you posted the mezzanine arm looks like a control arm and you can't see the regular 4 link control arms. I thought it was like a cantilever arm but that didn't make sense with the way the shocks and springs are mounted. I would really like to see something like that in person.

On a side note, I have nothing going on tomorrow. You going to be working?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #14156
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
No it's actually spelled "exploder"
He's got it right. My last one that was similarly built to this one popped sitting at a stop light. The nickname is really fitting. Then again when you're running 35's on a transmission designed for a minivan what do you expect? LOL, I'll be better prepared for the pop this time around!

Unread 07-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #14157
sirhk100

Yep, I'll be out there most the day. No clue what time, kinda whenever I get up and get motivated to go suffer! LOL My goal tomorrow is 8 tubes. If I can do that, it leaves gussets for Sunday and then the roof can get cut off next for welding. I'll PM you my number, just shoot me a text or something if you decide you want to cruise by. Heck, that might be the motivating factor to get my butt out there even! HAHAHA

And yeah, they make a lot more sense when you see them in person. I don't know where or who has it but if one of the old baldwin trophy trucks ever resurfaces it's got the most exotic crazy over the top mezzanine rear setup I've ever seen. Pictures online don't do it justice. It seriously looks like a space ship from some sci-fi movie kinda crap.

Only thing better would be if this dude was scratching his head!!! LOL

I should really confuse you and find pictures of the old macpherson chevy TT that was nicknamed big mac, I've seen it in person and still can't totally figure it out. Put it this way, instead of torsions, or springs, or leafs to support it, it's held up by nylon looking straps that are held in tension. Or at least that's sure what it looks like!

The rock racers and crawlers have done some crazy stuff. I remember back in highschool seeing avalanche engineering in like the early 90's out of colorado doing strange mind blowing suspension ideas but it seems like the desert racer guys think even more outta the box sometimes. They don't always work though, that's for sure! LOL

These aren't the ones I'm looking for but talk about space ship looking!!!

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/sho...-Happend/page3

Just scroll down a bit...

Unread 07-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #14158
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Went to take a look at this thing this morning, 1980 J20, http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3138825969.html but it turned out to be a little more work to be done than I'd hoped

I'm sure somebody with the time, space, and know-how will pick it up.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #14159
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball
Went to take a look at this thing this morning, 1980 J20, http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3138825969.html but it turned out to be a little more work to be done than I'd hoped

I'm sure somebody with the time, space, and know-how will pick it up.
What shape is it in physically, and what does it need done to it?

Where in town is it?

Quote:

Unread 07-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #14160
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
What shape is it in physically, and what does it need done to it?

Where in town is it?
It's near Ann & Decatur. Owner's a super nice dude, keeps it in the garage except when he's workin in there, does some kickass metal fab work.

It was sitting for about 6 years. runs really rough, still has the old oil in it so no way to really tell, rocker/lifter noise. When he finally got it running a couple weeks ago, the rear driveline fell out, only need new ujoints there.

Body is fairly straight except for medium size bash on a rocker and rust lines from back wheels to front of bed. Interior shot, but all the gauges are there and work.

I was hoping it could be ran and taken for a test drive, but with no rear driveline and the motor running the way it is, umm no. Probably needs motor and carb rebuild. He's on 702warmachines so someone here probably knows him.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.