Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 942 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #14116
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Are you trying to get him to buy a Miata?
Fixed

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 10:48 AM   #14117
sirhk100

LOL, great, now my post will make zero sense!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #14118
sirhk100

It's hard to tell cause the pictures are so small but that 9" axle against the wall looks like it might have a nodular 3rd member which is worth some money if you could pick that thing up cheap! Factory nodular 3rd's are pretty hard to find and in demand. You'd have to do a little research to verify if the guy will even part with it but if that is what I think it is there's some cash sitting there to someone in the know...

Unread 07-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #14119
vindicated
Did you miss me?

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hi guiz! Long time stalker, first time writer. I am not from Vegas, but I know some peoples who are. Also, I gamble and drink a lot, so that makes sense.

I've wheeled in Red Rock, and parts of Northern Las Vegas. Not my rig, because I don't have a rig, I have a stock pile of poop.

You are very welcome for knowing me. Play your cards right and my might come out there and order you a free drink at the craps table.
vindicated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #14120
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the thread...I've seen you before somewhere, but I just can't pin point where.... hope to see you out here some time! Once it cools off a bit, I'll be trying to get out a bit more and would like to put a face to the name!
Unread 07-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #14121
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Did you see this on CL Andrew? Not sure if it's a good deal, but they're 44s

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3109719898.html

Or these with a little custom work
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3163334622.html
Those were the ones i had mentioned earlier. i dunno if i like the look of them. $350 is a bit high, and loo at the pics, the front looks to have been SOA'd as it has ghetto looking perches welded on, and the back had the perches moved inboard. nothing a few minutes with a grinder couldnt fix, but still...that means somebodys been monkeying around with them.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #14122
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Welcome to the thread...I've seen you before somewhere, but I just can't pin point where.... hope to see you out here some time! Once it cools off a bit, I'll be trying to get out a bit more and would like to put a face to the name!
don't give in to his kind charade.......Vin is not to be trusted.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #14123
sirhk100

LOL, I'm mostly giving you crap in good fun but damn you're a picky axle buyer!!! Are you expecting to find brand new off the shelf axles in someone's garage for like $23 and a 6 pack of coors or what?

We paid a decent chunk of money for this paper weight with a bajillion un-needed brackets on it.

That took figgen who knows how many umpteen hours of my labor to cut off and smooth out to get to this stage where I can start fitting the truss to go on it.

That's why I'm laughing and giving you crap... You're buying used axles, what are you expecting?

I bought this bastard for my truck years ago, fresh oxy/acy torch markings and all. I paid substantially more then you're looking at taking a chance that it was in good usable shape. It worked out just fine and I picked up about $2500 worth of axle for about half the cost.

Unread 07-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #14124
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
We paid a decent chunk of money for this paper weight with a bajillion un-needed brackets on it.
Public school math, I only counted half a trillion.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #14125
sirhk100

Side story cause nobody cares... That currie axle with all the brackets I posted above that I cut it all off of was out of this FJ.

Sweet ride right... Well the guy that built that thing up like that and dumped a crap ton of money into it sold it for like $40K a few years back. The new owner took it immediately to the shop and completely cut it up! Pulled the front and rear suspension for fully custom hand made one off built stuff which is how we got the axle, he's swapped it out for a hand fabbed massive housing. He pulled the motor and is swapping in a LS V8. Rear floor is completely cut out and the rear frame is completely cut off and they're doing almost a full tube chassis back half on it with true linked suspension.

It's seriously a case of someone having way too much money. He could've started with a cheap stock rig and had the same end result for probably $25K less but instead bought this beast and pretty much tossed everything cool on it in the trash and started over! Insane yo!

Unread 07-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #14126
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Crap I feel good today. I don't know what it is but I'm just really happy today. I'm either going to die or be horribly maimed today but right now I'm good.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #14127
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Public school math, I only counted half a trillion.
Well you can't see the ones on the other side the way that picture was taken!

Unread 07-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #14128
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Crap I feel good today. I don't know what it is but I'm just really happy today. I'm either going to die or be horribly maimed today but right now I'm good.
Could have anything to do with the ladies achievements yesterday? Possibly a little less stress in the household...

Unread 07-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #14129
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I have been having a crap day. Got up and by the time I got to work, I had 5 missed calls on my cell. I called back only to find out that a friend of mine committed suicide this morning. He hadn't really been the same since his second trip to the sandbox a few years ago. Before he was always quick to a smile, always laughing. When he came back he was a completely different person. Weird thing is that I am more pissed off at him than I am saddened.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #14130
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I have been having a crap day. Got up and by the time I got to work, I had 5 missed calls on my cell. I called back only to find out that a friend of mine committed suicide this morning. He hadn't really been the same since his second trip to the sandbox a few years ago. Before he was always quick to a smile, always laughing. When he came back he was a completely different person. Weird thing is that I am more pissed off at him than I am saddened.
Sorry to hear man. I've had 2 friends kill themselves this year and I felt the same, mad not sad. Neither were military, but you never really know what people are dealing with inside.

I hope that your day gets better in some small way.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.