Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 94 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New Product Release: Flowmaster CA Legal Direct-Fit CatalyPartsHubDirect: Hella LED Lighting, HID Xenon, Headlamps, Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic Halog

Unread 10-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #1396
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Team Wand trains at Dean Martin. It's across the interstate from City Center. You might be thinking about Xtreme Couture owned by Randy Couture. It's kind of in that area. His school is on Sunset near Valley View.

I've been to both. Xtreme Couture is a much larger facility with a better staff. Way too expensive for most people, but their target members aren't amateurs.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #1397
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

A few seasons of The Ultimate Fighter was nearby here. If you're at the corner of Pebble and Bermuda, look diagonally across from the Post Office. You'll see an empty lot and big hole where they've pulled dirt. Just across that hole, you can see the backs of homes in a small gated neighborhood. Look for the house with all the palm trees in the back yard. That's the house they've used a few seasons.

They've used other homes with various seasons, but they've come back to that one a few times.
Unread 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #1398
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Probably be out shooting on Saturday if anyone is interested!
Unread 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #1399
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

A friend of mine married the daughter of the owner of the ultimate fighter house. He actually had his reception In the back yard. He is a construction big wig and very cool. They would rent the house out to ufc for 6 figures each season. They would also pay for a suite for the family while they use the house. Then would remodel the house each time due to damage. Super cool house btw.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #1400
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wanting to go on a trail run somewhere on Sunday. Everyone is welcome and we are looking for ideas on good places to go. Stock height jeep friendly trails please. Prefer something relatively close for about 4-6 hrs. Hope to see/hear from you guys!
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #1401
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well We are going back to the Carole Lombard Crash Site No sure if we are going Sat or Sunday. The trail is rocky and some steep washes to clime out of but stock do able. we where ther last weekend but still working on pin pointing the site. I have GPS. There will be hiking.

see if this link works?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...c346a89&type=1
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:36 AM   #1402
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys I know this is a no no but wanted to give my local acquaintance first shot at this before I Craig’s list this. I have a I-Rack system I am selling I got it from a guy who used it with no issues I ran it a few run and it never loosen up or bounced around. I am just going a different way. This what I am talking about http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/79.htm. It has a Gerry can holder and a Hi lift holder. I also have a 36” Hi Lift. I want $60for the I-rack and $35 for the jack or I will trade both for a 42 or 48" Hi-Lift.
If you interested PM me. Mike
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #1403
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mike, I'd like to take a look at the rack, might be really interested, just want to see how far it sticks out and all that.
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #1404
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

PowrJunkey I tryed to PM ya your box it full.....
Call me We can set something up 847 791 4140. Im at the Oasis RV resort(LV Blvd and 160) till I can close on my house. The this is adjust able so it sets pretty tight up agenst the spare tire.

found a few pic of them on some of the club guys

Unread 10-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #1405
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Mike, I think we waved at each other yesterday, but I can't remember exactly where. It was near the Oasis Park I think. I was in the Jeep in my profile. You can tell it's me from the US flags on both sides of my Jeep.

I always wave first and it always surprises me when I get the wave back. When I don't get the wave back, I get all gangsta and feel like shooting. Kind of like when you slow down to let someone merge into your lane and you don't get that wave.

Last edited by YouStupidBunny; 10-04-2011 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Grammar error.
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #1406
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
Well We are going back to the Carole Lombard Crash Site No sure if we are going Sat or Sunday. The trail is rocky and some steep washes to clime out of but stock do able. we where ther last weekend but still working on pin pointing the site. I have GPS. There will be hiking.
That's a tough hike up to the crash site. My wife and I tried it a few times. Not really much to see up there anymore. People have picked through that crash site for decades. Anything left isn't recognizable as aircraft parts.

Here is a link to more info, a map and GPS coordinates to the site:
http://www.birdandhike.com/Hike/Othe...d/_Lombard.htm

If I could, I'd like to recommend something else in that area. Since you are already prepared to hike up to the crash site, you might find this more interesting. It's the Potosi Mine. Coordinates follow:

3557'41.37"N 11532'18.50"W

It's the oldest lode mine in Nevada and one of the largest multi-level mine systems we've ever seen. All over the mine are old artifacts like pulleys and steam tanks. There are also writing from miners. Some are just names and dates. Some poetry and short personal histories.

Here's something we found deep inside.
img_6453.jpg  
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #1407
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I forgot to add what that was. It's a box for dynamite. Empty, of course, but we have found old sticks in pilot holes. I wanted to keep the box, but my wife told me to leave history alone. I'm kind of torn on that. I know it's kind of historical, but it's garbage, right?
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #1408
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Leaving for Bonanza Hill in about an hour. If I don't post anything by tonight, someone come help me flip my Jeep back over.
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #1409
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

YSB I had that web site. We are wanting to get to the mine also. but not sure how to get up to it is it off the cotton wood trail or do you need to go up to the boy scout camp road (forgot the name)? can you jeep up to it or is it a long hike?
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #1410
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It's a long, steep hike up to the mine. Here are the coordinates:
3557'43.90"N 11532'12.02"W

The trail that goes above is the same trail as the Boy Scout Camp, but unless you have proper climbing gear, it's not the easiest. Actually, there is no easy route. The hike from the trail below takes at least two hours at an easy pace with frequent breaks. I just figured if you were prepared to see the Carol Lombard crash site, you'd be prepared to hike up to the mine. Both hikes are about equal in distance and time. It's an all day event for either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.