Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 939 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #14071
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yes?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #14072
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Jew him down to 200$ or so. Axles from pic a part are 170$ a piece so if you dont have to pull them then it should be pretty good.
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #14073
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
yes?
I figured a D44 would be a good thing to get, even if you dont use the rear axle you could sell it to pay for the regear for the front axle.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #14074
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I figured a D44 would be a good thing to get, even if you dont use the rear axle you could sell it to pay for the regear for the front axle.
i only want them for the disc brakes, better steerign easier maintenance and increased strength are just bonuses.

i've got 3.31's now, and theres no way im stepping down to 3.07's.

dammit! i rented a truck and everything.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #14075
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

i only want them for the disc brakes, better steerign easier maintenance and increased strength are just bonuses.

i've got 3.31's now, and theres no way im stepping down to 3.07's.

dammit! i rented a truck and everything.
So you cant swap the rear gears, install the new axle then CL your old axle with the 3.07 then regear the front?
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #14076
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry just trying to help, not sound like an a hole.
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #14077
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
So you cant swap the rear gears, install the new axle then CL your old axle with the 3.07 then regear the front?
$$$

$100-200 for a set of axles with the right gear ratio makes alot more sense. I dont want to gtear tyo 4.10's or anything silly like that with my transmission, it'd make it worse on the highway.

its not really worth regearing from one factory ratio to another factory ratio, you know?

Quote:

Unread 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #14078
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

$$$

$100-200 for a set of axles with the right gear ratio makes alot more sense. I dont want to gtear tyo 4.10's or anything silly like that with my transmission, it'd make it worse on the highway.

its not really worth regearing from one factory ratio to another factory ratio, you know?
I was thinking regrear to match the rear 3.31.
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #14079
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

But, too bad they wont work.
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #14080
sirhk100

You're complaining about a pair of axles for $300? How much does your average gun cost you?

Man, you'd HATE any of my hobbies that's for sure...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #14081
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You know how on a front driceshaft (u-joint/u-joint shaft) theres the swivel part that connects to the transfer case? what is the ball part called that it swivels on?

Trying to get a price on the part so I can replace it if necessary. I really want to get a new shaft cut so I can use my new front axle I installed.
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #14082
sirhk100

This still needs the actual axle shaft, complete 3rd member and brakes along with the labor to add the truss and for just this SINGLE housing we're already over your $300 mark. All said and done this is going to be one $2000 axle, not a pair...

Unread 07-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #14083
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
You know how on a front driceshaft (u-joint/u-joint shaft) theres the swivel part that connects to the transfer case? what is the ball part called that it swivels on?

Trying to get a price on the part so I can replace it if necessary. I really want to get a new shaft cut so I can use my new front axle I installed.
holy crap, I'm so lost right here...

Does your driveshaft not look like this?

Oh, does it look like this? But wait, that's the axle side, not the T-case side... I'm confused. LOL Not the first time that's happened though!

Unread 07-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #14084
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

It's the first picture. And it's the big bulky part in the lower right side of the pic. The part that has 2 u-joints has a ball in it to pivot. Dan's said it was a centering cap????

Dan's driveline wants 280$ to cut, balance, install 3 new u-joints and a centering cap. But for 280$ I might as well just get a brand new custom axle from adams. And for adams to just cut and balance (not replace a thing) is 70$. Just wondering what my options I had.
Unread 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #14085
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
You're complaining about a pair of axles for $300? How much does your average gun cost you?

Man, you'd HATE any of my hobbies that's for sure...
Just because guns cost more doesn't mean I over pay for things haha.

If I buy a 800 dollar gun it was worth 800 bucks.

I'm not shelling out 300+ for something I can get for 1/3rd that. Should I go buy an 800 dollar gun for 2400? Haha

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.