Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 936 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #14026
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
well off to Moapa to go to court for my speeding ticket... hopefully I can get them to drop it to a parking ticket.
lmao. coming back from Ely one time in my magnum (gahgster wagon) my ex girlfriend was driving. she got a ticket for 79 in a 70, and we were maybe 3 miles away from the 15 (could see it in the distance).

we had to drive out to moapa to pay it. we thought shed actually need to go to court there were just all "here, its a parking ticket"

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #14027
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I would have cried so hard if I did that to my finger
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #14028
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I got a ticket in beaver UT. I called the hotline to take care of it they had no record, so I had to go out there.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #14029
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

lol....beaver.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #14030
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

almost there

forumrunner_20120725_151505.jpg
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #14031
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What is that a pic from a jetta TDI?
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #14032
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yep, it was at 52.5 mpg when I got here. That is after hitting the mcdonalds drive thru, ideling for five minutes while I figured out how to reconfigure my phone to the car, then driving from 95/215 to Moapa. The single lane construction zone @ 55 mph probably helped
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:44 PM   #14033
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
What? No pics? Shame on you!
I am on my work computer, once I can upload from my phone, you will have pics you morbid bastage.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #14034
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks to some traffic and a little more aggressive driving I only got 45.2 mpg on the way home. But they did drop it to a parking ticket and dropped the fine down to $95. So the trip was worth it.

So am I the only one the believes that over half of the handicap drivers in the town are only handicap because they cut off or tailgated the wrong person. I just wonder how many people are handicap because they are asshats instead of actually having something go wrong.
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #14035
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
almost there

Attachment 440126
Yhaira and I are thinking of getting an older TDI Jetta soon.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #14036
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Eastern just south of the railroad tracks, north of warm springs!
image-2720682322.jpg  
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #14037
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

They are good. We had a mk4 Jetta with the 1.9tdi in it. Good little engine. Just make sure that you do the timing belt on it. The timing belt runs the cam, injector pump, and water pump. It is normally a good time to change the water pump too while you are in there. Most of the online places sell complete kits for fairly cheap. Esp compared to the cost is one was to break. Other then that as a routine maintenance I have heard of many of them hitting 300k miles without any issues.
Unread 07-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #14038
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Herp derp....oh crap you stopped!

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 07-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #14039
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I ended up renting a truck for my trip to tucson this weekend, and the lady expressed interest in going then just bailed on me today.....sigh.

I've located a replacement though....looks like we're gonna be pushing down there and back in 1 day. eep.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 07-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #14040
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
This happens there all the time...
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.