Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 935 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #14011
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't do it even if someone bought it for me and paid me $250 to put it on my own Jeep

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #14012
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

X2 I put a crap 3in lift when I first got my zj and it almost killed me. I would wait because it's your dd. if it was a trail rig only I would do it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #14013
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Nope, got my rubi wheels-thanks to Merrick!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #14014
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

And andy too! He was the only reason I ended up with four matching rubi rims. Got the first four from the lady, then traded her Andy's for the fifth matching one. Thanks to BOTH of you!! I actually and sincerely appreciated it. We need to get together and go shooting, so you guys can play with some of my toys! Or maybe we can make a man-date and I'll buy you guys dinner!
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #14015
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I must be re-retarded today!! 5 matching rims. Sorry garza, I must be unable to form complete thoughts at the moment! Lol
Unread 07-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #14016
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

maybe if you guys are luck he can get "lost" with you on the trail away from the rest of the group.
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #14017
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
maybe if you guys are luck he can get "lost" with you on the trail away from the rest of the group.
Not lost, getting cell service! Get you ghey euphemisms correct! Lol on that note, I was looking at those led strobes like the cops have on unmarked vehicle to use a an emergency beacon if lost at night. They would use way less energy than the headlights and would be more attractive to the eye and last longer on a battery!
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #14018
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The flashlights that I got from Sams club are the cree led and have that annoying strobe feature. It was only $20 for the two of them.
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #14019
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Saw a bad accident on the way to work today. The accident was 95 southbound just south of the Wheeler Pass turnoff. The one car involved looked to have rolled multiple times and was ripped open like a soda can through a shredder. NHP closed the North bound lanes right in front of me. I got a front row seat for the helicopter landing and takeoff.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #14020
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What? No pics? Shame on you!
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #14021
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

its been a while since i hurt myself, so I took care of that this past sunday.

I let the corner of a VERY sharp AXE bounce down on my fingernail. it hurt, it bled, I cursed, then finished chopping the wood....you know the drill.

Through monday and tuesday morning it was looking okay but got more and more sore over the course of the day. I couldnt really bear it when i got home. I jabbed an xacto knife under my finger nail to let some of the blood out. It worked and some came out but it still hurt. just throbbing. the black area had increased to about three times this size

Finally got the wise idea to attack it from the top.

i installed a few drain holes...in my fingernail.

the black blood oozed out and there was instant relief. by morning i could move my finger through the full range of motions with almost no pain.

i guess its still draining? took the bandaid off a second ago.

cleaned it up, looks good.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #14022
sirhk100

We need to change your name to rambo!!!

For future reference though, what was the approved device for popping 3 holes thru your fingernail?

And for some reason I'm having flashbacks to a friend that posted pictures the night after he cut off his 3 middle fingers. His left hand is now pretty much a permanent hang loose symbol and his race team is called "7 left racing" LOL

Wait a second, I'm going to consider those pictures disturbing and NSFW and report your butt!!! HAHAHA

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #14023
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

dang, for the positive outlook... it could have been much worse with an axe. Now realistically how did you drill those holes and if you had someone else do it how in the hell did you trust them not to go too far? Also was this on the same limb that you cut open on your Jeep?
Unread 07-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #14024
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

well off to Moapa to go to court for my speeding ticket... hopefully I can get them to drop it to a parking ticket.
Unread 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #14025
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
We need to change your name to rambo!!!

For future reference though, what was the approved device for popping 3 holes thru your fingernail?

And for some reason I'm having flashbacks to a friend that posted pictures the night after he cut off his 3 middle fingers. His left hand is now pretty much a permanent hang loose symbol and his race team is called "7 left racing" LOL

Wait a second, I'm going to consider those pictures disturbing and NSFW and report your butt!!! HAHAHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
dang, for the positive outlook... it could have been much worse with an axe. Now realistically how did you drill those holes and if you had someone else do it how in the hell did you trust them not to go too far? Also was this on the same limb that you cut open on your Jeep?
yes, it DEF could have been worse. i wasnt even doing anything when it happend, i was just moving the axe and set it down wrong. fugger was sharp!

i used the aforementioned xacto knife with a #11 blade (read: pointy)

i just rested my finger on the counter, placed the knife perpendicular to my fingernail, and kinda quickly rotated it back and forth until it bored through the nail.

didnt hurt, didnt really feel like anything. on the bigger hole i could kinda sorta feel it on the skin underneath, but it was just an odd sensation.

I'm told an equally good way to do it is with a red hot needle. it will just burn right through it with ease.....i opted for the item that didnt require me tohold it with pliers ahahha.

Hopefully I wont lose this nail. ick.

p.s. had i know how much relief it would have given i would have done it sooner.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.