Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 932 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #13966
sirhk100

The bend on that diagonal bar above the driver's side front up near where it hit's the a-pillar. It actually is in that picture but the way it's taken you can't tell it. I'm going to pull it back out and redo it cause my gut feeling is when I cut the roof off, it's going to just fight me tooth and nail to get the roof back on if I leave it that way. You can't really see it but the center bar has about 3/8" clearance at that front bend where the outer one actually is pushing up on the roof and has caused a "bump". Should be a very simple body shop fix when it goes to paint though. There's no sharp dent or anything. It's seriously a bump... LOL You still can't see it in these pictures but it's there...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #13967
sirhk100

I don't know jack about the military career or lifestyle but isn't the air force over staffed and trying to cut back offering early retirement perks and stuff? Is that part of why it's hard to get these positions or transfers it sounds like you're talking about?

Unread 07-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #13968
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

They have been cutting back since the 80's when Reagan had it built up. Now they are at the point of cutting active duty slots and replacing them with civilians and air national guard. My wife's last supervisor was a civilian, while he was a retired active duty guy, he was still civilian. Not sure about many of the civilians here, but some of the ones in her old office were a joke. Heck one of them filed a grievance because they moved a trashcan when they installed a new copier.

So while you might see active duty numbers go down, at least in the Air Force they are being picked up by guard, reserves, and civilians. The jobs are still there, just filled by other people that get their funding from another cookie jar.
Unread 07-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #13969
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Happy Pioneers Day, y'all!
Unread 07-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #13970
sirhk100

Huh, only reason I even know that is the friend who actually owns the race truck I post all these pictures of is Air Force with 16 years in as of like 2 weeks ago and he was offered an early retirement option which him and his wife decided to pass on just a few months back. He was saying it was cause AF is overstaffed and cutting back. Didn't realize that was the reasoning though... He works out of the pentagon and the congressional building though. He'll be moving back here in 4 years once he's got his 20 in...

Unread 07-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #13971
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
They have been cutting back since the 80's when Reagan had it built up. Now they are at the point of cutting active duty slots and replacing them with civilians and air national guard. My wife's last supervisor was a civilian, while he was a retired active duty guy, he was still civilian. Not sure about many of the civilians here, but some of the ones in her old office were a joke. Heck one of them filed a grievance because they moved a trashcan when they installed a new copier.

So while you might see active duty numbers go down, at least in the Air Force they are being picked up by guard, reserves, and civilians. The jobs are still there, just filled by other people that get their funding from another cookie jar.
I did six years in the AF went straight to Korea out of tech school then to Nellis. Was going to reenlist then realized how much I could make doing the same thing as a civilian. Needless to say I've been out since 2006 and have not regretted it one time!
Unread 07-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #13972
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Heck we even put in for Beal and they have u2's permanently over in Korea... so she would have been over there every year. She checked yesterday and for her carrier field Spangdahlem is at 175% manning, Aviano is at 156%, and Hill is at 75%.... so we are guessing Hill will get chosen for us unless anything changes between now and Nov/Dec when we find out.
I was a Blackcat in Korea. We were considered a tenant unit and our command was at Beale. I had to go to Beale TDY for a month before heading out to Korea. I only know of one guy that was TDY there from Beale. I felt for that guy. There may as well been a revolving door on his office he was in and out so much. I really hope that you are able to go overseas although in my opinion Hill wouldn't be too bad. 4 hours from Moab? Count me in!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #13973
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

logistically Hill would be the easiest. I plan on drastically increasing my stockpile of firearms over the next year before more bans come out. If we get overseas I would have to store them at a family members house. That plus moving 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat anywhere is not very fun. My wife says to me... so we could just drive cross country to NE then leave from there. I polity asked her what vehicle we had that could handle the kids an animals going cross country. My plan if we do have to do that is to find a military style trailer and start transforming it into an expedition type trailer for the drive.
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #13974
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

IMHO, I would invest more in ammo rather than firearms, unless you don already have an AR or similar semi auto rifle. I believe that if they wanted to really implement gun control, they will heavily tax ammunition. If people can't afford to shoot their guns, problem solved. It would be easier to implement an EPA tax on the lead and copper rather than an all out ban on the firearms. Gun prices plummet, ammo prices skyrocket! Food for thought, they are already trying to do that in Montana and northern states because they say the lead is poisoning nature areas by hunters. It's a first step!
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #13975
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
IMHO, I would invest more in ammo rather than firearms, unless you don already have an AR or similar semi auto rifle. I believe that if they wanted to really implement gun control, they will heavily tax ammunition. If people can't afford to shoot their guns, problem solved. It would be easier to implement an EPA tax on the lead and copper rather than an all out ban on the firearms. Gun prices plummet, ammo prices skyrocket! Food for thought, they are already trying to do that in Montana and northern states because they say the lead is poisoning nature areas by hunters. It's a first step!
They've been making the lead argument since the 60's. Who knows what they are going to do. This will just be another reason for ammo and gun companies to jack up prices on everything. Same with gasoline. Anything to make a buck.

Just part of the reason for getting into black powder. I'm starting to stock up on powder and caps because I've already got 300lbs of wheel weights I can cast balls out of. My next gun will be a BP rifle.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #13976
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You can't be a very effective sniper with BP though. That giant cloud of smoke gives away your position! And loading takes too much time. Unless you could use a TP type sack that's preloaded and just stuff it into the barrel, then poke a hole in it when it's seated by the hammer?
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #13977
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

he will be shooting zombies off the short bus... no need to reload quickly!!!
Unread 07-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #13978
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am in need of an AR. Anybody feel like selling one?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #13979
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Me too. I've been looking at building one seems you can do it on the cheap for around 600 or so.
Unread 07-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #13980
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
I have a friend selling an AR. PM me for details.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.