Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 931 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #13951
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

But even still, why choose the firearms he did? There are many just as effective, less expensive alternatives. Why buy new, get used ones. It's kinda like the guy that loads 6 shells in the shotgun to blow his brains all over the ceiling. Why fully load it when it will surely only take one round?
I think we will have to keep our eyes on Merrick, he's a phd student and seems to have lots of extra cash laying around to build his assault jeep!

Unread 07-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #13952
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Well that still begs the question, why all of a sudden did he u-turn and spend so much time an money on such an attack?
Are you saying that you are going to snap and plow through a herd of wild horses in your jeep? If you do, I will start lobbying for an assault jeepers ban!
Which is another thing, the media calls it an assault weapon! What exactly is an assault weapon? I know what an assault RIFLE is, but not an assault weapon. I figured just about anything could be an assault weapon. My spyderco knife could be an assault weapon! The media breeds fear by using that term to describe a semi auto rifle, which most people automatically assume its an assault rifle, which is select fire(full-auto)
The media is biased, anti-gun news stories out weigh pro-gun news stories 10 to 1. The media has skewed people's perception claiming that AR stands for assault rifle. AR stands for nothing more than Armalite, the originator of the AR-15 platform. Many people think that Colt designed the first AR-15 platform but that is only because Colt supplied them to the military. By no means am I saying that I am going to snap. I am just saying that it was easier for this guy than most people think it was. We will probably never know why this guy snapped unless he makes some sort of statement during his trial.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #13953
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

The media is biased, anti-gun news stories out weigh pro-gun news stories 10 to 1. The media has skewed people's perception claiming that AR stands for assault rifle. AR stands for nothing more than Armalite, the originator of the AR-15 platform. Many people think that Colt designed the first AR-15 platform but that is only because Colt supplied them to the military. By no means am I saying that I am going to snap. I am just saying that it was easier for this guy than most people think it was. We will probably never know why this guy snapped unless he makes some sort of statement during his trial.
Very true!! Many of the anti-gun people you see on tv or even talk to are so grossly ignorant on the subject that they so passionately despise! They emotionally cannot see past the violence of a firearm. By that I mean, the loud pop or boom, the sharp kick or recoil, the destruction down range. To them, the entire process is violent and destructive. They cannot imagine that being enjoyable by anyone other than a psycho! Why would it ever be fun to shoot at a paper or clay target? They don't realize that animals and people aren't the only available thing to shoot at!
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #13954
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

How big is your house?
If I remember correctly it is 1893...small by Vegas standards, but we did not want to heat and cool some 3k sq ft house.
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:34 PM   #13955
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

If I remember correctly it is 1893...small by Vegas standards, but we did not want to heat and cool some 3k sq ft house.
That is a bit big for just me but when the time comes, I'll keep my eyes and ears open to see if we can't find you a Mil tenant. You are In a prime location for people working at Creech. Beyond that, I'll drive by it every now and then and make sure it isn't getting torn up.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #13956
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

There are two families on my street that work out at creech.
Unread 07-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #13957
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That is a bit big for just me but when the time comes, I'll keep my eyes and ears open to see if we can't find you a Mil tenant. You are In a prime location for people working at Creech. Beyond that, I'll drive by it every now and then and make sure it isn't getting torn up.
Just make sure you get the keys so we can have hells angels-esque parties while they're gone!! JK
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #13958
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I'll keep my eyes and ears open to see if we can't find you a Milatenant.
Whatwhat??
Unread 07-24-2012, 12:54 AM   #13959
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That is a bit big for just me but, I'll keep my eyes and ears open to make sure it isn't getting torn up.
That's what SHE said! Roflmao! Sorry. Didn't sleep last night, so being goofy!
Unread 07-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #13960
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

When would you be renting?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #13961
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It will be a while. It all depends on the follow on base after korea. If we get somewhere cool stateside then out would be March 2013. If we go overseas like we want it would be 2014. It just sucks cause we were at our first base for 7 years and our second for 5... October will only be 2 years here
Unread 07-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #13962
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
It will be a while. It all depends on the follow on base after korea. If we get somewhere cool stateside then out would be March 2013. If we go overseas like we want it would be 2014. It just sucks cause we were at our first base for 7 years and our second for 5... October will only be 2 years here
I have never spent more than 4 years at a base. The difference for me, is that the AF sees fit to send me on the three base tour.

1. Spangdahlem
2. Creech
3. Osan (Had a follow-on to Italy get canceled and I wound up...)
4. Spangdahlem (Had orders in hand to Mt. Home... which got canceled...)
5. Creech
6. Care to take a guess? I am not even going to touch my dream sheet, no point.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #13963
sirhk100

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #13964
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I have never spent more than 4 years at a base. The difference for me, is that the AF sees fit to send me on the three base tour.

1. Spangdahlem
2. Creech
3. Osan (Had a follow-on to Italy get canceled and I wound up...)
4. Spangdahlem (Had orders in hand to Mt. Home... which got canceled...)
5. Creech
6. Care to take a guess? I am not even going to touch my dream sheet, no point.

I was at Langley for my whole 6 years in. My wife was going through the security clearance for the F-22 when she got non-vol orders to Sheppard to teach. That was supposed to be a 3 year... then 4 minimum... then indefinitely due to manning, and we finally got out right at the 5 year mark. They changed her job code so many times there it was not funny. I swear that they had a wheel and just spun it to pick the codes. We kept on trying to get out of Sheppard because you can BOP from a special duty, but they kept on getting denied. I think she got denied 6 different times if that shows you how much we liked it. Heck we even put in for Beal and they have u2's permanently over in Korea... so she would have been over there every year. She checked yesterday and for her carrier field Spangdahlem is at 175% manning, Aviano is at 156%, and Hill is at 75%.... so we are guessing Hill will get chosen for us unless anything changes between now and Nov/Dec when we find out.
Unread 07-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #13965
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

looking good Khris, which one was pushing up on the roof?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.