Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 927 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #13891
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

People do some stupid ish! Saw a liberty(the little one) pulling a big pop-up tent trailer. The trailer likely weighed more than, or as much as the liberty! Also saw a ford f-?50 four door with like a 6" lift and 20's pulling a ~40' camper/toy hauler on 95 down town. He got it so loose, because he was going too fast, that the trailer was driving him around the left emergency lane to the middle lane and back and forth. He finally got control of it, but he had to stop(I'm guessing to change his shorts) had a giant "raider nation" sticker on the back window! People are so ignorant of so many things. He should have not been doing 80 through there, and should have properly balanced the load in the trailer!
I have a 30 foot toy hauler I won't go above 65. It pisses people off but I would rather not crash. Even with all the right equipment anti sway and leveling hitch an unexpected gust of wind can always screw you over.

Unread 07-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #13892
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
We passed a yj towing a decent sized boat yesterday on 215. I could not imagine that was a fun drive, esp on hills or with a crosswind.
He probably swaped in a 350 so he thinks he can haul stuff now with more power.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #13893
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

He probably swaped in a 350 so he thinks he can haul stuff now with more power.
Except he forgot to upgrade the brakes and transmission too! Rofl! It's not ALL about power when it comes to towing capacity!
Unread 07-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #13894
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Except he forgot to upgrade the brakes and transmission too! Rofl! It's not ALL about power when it comes to towing capacity!
No, it's all about steel versus aluminum rims! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #13895
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

People do some stupid ish! Saw a liberty(the little one) pulling a big pop-up tent trailer. The trailer likely weighed more than, or as much as the liberty! Also saw a ford f-?50 four door with like a 6" lift and 20's pulling a ~40' camper/toy hauler on 95 down town. He got it so loose, because he was going too fast, that the trailer was driving him around the left emergency lane to the middle lane and back and forth. He finally got control of it, but he had to stop(I'm guessing to change his shorts) had a giant "raider nation" sticker on the back window! People are so ignorant of so many things. He should have not been doing 80 through there, and should have properly balanced the load in the trailer!
I had a F-250 10 years ago and a 20' toy hualer that I very nearly crashed in. I was going to Pismo Beach with my friends towing my trailer with 2 atvs and some gear. So i'm driving up one of the last hills going into Pismo off of hwy 101, going like 60 mph and let off to scrub speed to go down the backside, but as soon as I press the break not much happens. My tuck starts to gain speed down the hill as I pump my brakes, I tired to use the tailer brake controler to see if the trailer brakes where engaging, nope! I had no trailer brakes. Well my truck/trailer are doing a tango down the hill i'm doing when I can to keep from falling off the side of the road. When I finaly get it to a stop and get out I start to shake uncontrollably, for the first time in my life I scared the proverbial piss out of myself. we did a once over on the rig and found the only damage was a blown trailer tire, broken tie down for my Banshee, and a broken bottle of whiskey. After the trip I took my trailer back to Carson trailer where I bought it and told them what had happend, and after 2 weeks I get a call to come down a look at what they had found. The wiers for the trailer brakes were run between the frame and body and they were rubed through in multiple places so there was no way the brakes would have worked, so they reran ALL of the trailer wires and fixed all the damage and gave me 3 tires for the trailer. So yeah thats my towing story.
Info on my truck,
2001 F-250
V-10 auto
6" lift
36" super swamper TSL raidial
Factory 4:30 r&p with limited slip
Had the trailer brake controler installed at carson trailer.
Rear Firestone airbags
trailer anti-sway kit
Plus my "Bro Stickers"
So I tried to make sure I had the proper equipment to tow with but, poopoo hit the fan even though I was prepared for towing.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #13896
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

That too! Lol
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #13897
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've done my share of towing sometimes under equipped, but towing with a Yj just sounds crazy to me. My brothers tj was squirrelly enough without towing anything.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #13898
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I towed a honda accord from Mexico City back to Tucson Az one time with a CJ. Of course I was 19 and stupid.
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #13899
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #13900
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Had to share some progress on the Jeep....rear 4 link getting there.

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #13901
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Had to share some progress on the Jeep....rear 4 link getting there.
Is that a Dana 230? I hope so. I hear they are the best.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #13902
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What axle is that garza? And is that going in your tj and you do all that work?
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #13903
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It's a Dynatrac HP60 5.38's, ARB, custom Dutchman 35spl shafts

And while I have built several of my own suspensions in the past, I'm finally at a point in my life where I just don't have the time to dedicate to grinding away hour upon hour in my garage......I would seriously never finish anything lol. So I chose to have a very experienced friend tackle this for me.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 09:46 PM   #13904
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

That's some nice work your friend is doing for sure! I need to LA my ZJ one of these days. And I dont't think you'll break some 35 spl shafts anytime soon
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #13905
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looking good, I feel you on not having the time. Not all of us are Khris afterall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.