Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 926 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #13876
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

We think our neighbors are mormon, not really a conversation that I bring up while bsing with them though. But both of his daughters are at some college in salt lake and they are overly nice. For a while they would let their dog out front and it would always poop in my yard. One day I stepped in some fresh stuff so I decided to return all the poop to his driveway. I came home as they were picking it up and he asked what happened...so I told him what happened. He just smiled and started a friendly conversion as his kid continued to pick up dog poo. They always have their dog on a leash now. I know that I would not have been that nice

Unread 07-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #13877
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I served as a full time missionary and I never understood why other missionaries thought if they bothered somebody enough that they would convert.
X2 If people told us they weren't interested, we would still talk with them about other non religious based stuff and help 'em out when/where possible with whatever they needed or were working on, nothing wrong with being friendly and a good neighbor. People shouldn't push any religion on anyone. LDS missionaries are there to share info / teach those interested. When it gets contentious there is no point.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #13878
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
X2 If people told us they weren't interested, we would still talk with them about other non religious based stuff and help 'em out when/where possible with whatever they needed or were working on, nothing wrong with being friendly and a good neighbor. People shouldn't push any religion on anyone. LDS missionaries are there to share info / teach those interested. When it gets contentious there is no point.
AMEN!

I had two LDS ladies talk to me in front of a barnes and noble about 2 years ago as I was waiting for my friend, and at first they asked if they could talk to me and I said no thanks but they kept being WAY TOO PERSISTENT I told them nearly 10 times to leave me alone and I was walking away to the other side of the front of the store to get away but they followed me. So to get them to leave me the **** alone I told them that I worshipped satan... then they ran away from me faster then I could have walked.

It's just sad that, that is what is required to get people to leave me alone when you ask multiple times. Of course I don't worship satan but hell it worked for me.

Now I used to be LDS and not everyone was like that I love how nice the LDS people were.
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #13879
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ

AMEN!

I had two LDS ladies talk to me in front of a barnes and noble about 2 years ago as I was waiting for my friend, and at first they asked if they could talk to me and I said no thanks but they kept being WAY TOO PERSISTENT I told them nearly 10 times to leave me alone and I was walking away to the other side of the front of the store to get away but they followed me. So to get them to leave me the **** alone I told them that I worshipped satan... then they ran away from me faster then I could have walked.

It's just sad that, that is what is required to get people to leave me alone when you ask multiple times. Of course I don't worship satan but hell it worked for me.

Now I used to be LDS and not everyone was like that I love how nice the LDS people were.
It is like that in any religion. Christian or non-Christian. Heck if they are going to bother you persistently be a jerk that's what I do. I decline respectfully then if they don't leave me alone I let them have it. I know what it is like to spread the word, but I wasn't a dick about it either.

It sucks that no matter the religion or sect the few ruin it for the majority.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #13880
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am not LDS...

But I camped along the Mormon Wells trail last night. (true story!)

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #13881
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Did you stay at the actual campsite or just along the road? It looked like they were getting some rain up there earlier today
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #13882
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Isn't that Mormon trail on the east side of the 95 across from the prison where we went to wheelers pass?

IIRC the trail goes to the 15. I think there's a trail off of that trail that leads to dead man's canyon/forest.
Grand_ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #13883
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Isn't that Mormon trail on the east side of the 95 across from the prison where we went to wheelers pass?

IIRC the trail goes to the 15. I think there's a trail off of that trail that leads to dead man's canyon/forest.
Yep that's it. I don't know about the dead man part, but the hidden forest is up that way.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #13884
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Did you stay at the actual campsite or just along the road? It looked like they were getting some rain up there earlier today
No, we didn't make it to the actual campsite before dark so we pulled off and just camped along the trail. I think that had got to be one of the worst trails I have been on.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #13885
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Mormon Wells is long before you reach the prison and Wheeler Pass. The trail starts at the corn creek turn off on 95 and runs over to 93 north of 15.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #13886
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It is pretty washboarded. Not really much to see up there either. I have done it twice and I doubt that I will do it again unless it is with a cool group.

Totally against my way, but I think we are going to camp up at the foxtail campground in lee canyon next weekend. We went up there last night and the cooler temps were welcomed
Unread 07-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #13887
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

We were wheeling out in Nelson yesterday afternoon... It was HOT, ended up going deep into a mine to rest after unintentionally scaring an owl with aprox 40" wingspan out. It was a LOT cooler in there.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #13888
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

We passed a yj towing a decent sized boat yesterday on 215. I could not imagine that was a fun drive, esp on hills or with a crosswind.
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #13889
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We passed a yj towing a decent sized boat yesterday on 215. I could not imagine that was a fun drive, esp on hills or with a crosswind.
People do some stupid ish! Saw a liberty(the little one) pulling a big pop-up tent trailer. The trailer likely weighed more than, or as much as the liberty! Also saw a ford f-?50 four door with like a 6" lift and 20's pulling a ~40' camper/toy hauler on 95 down town. He got it so loose, because he was going too fast, that the trailer was driving him around the left emergency lane to the middle lane and back and forth. He finally got control of it, but he had to stop(I'm guessing to change his shorts) had a giant "raider nation" sticker on the back window! People are so ignorant of so many things. He should have not been doing 80 through there, and should have properly balanced the load in the trailer!
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #13890
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It is pretty washboarded. Not really much to see up there either. I have done it twice and I doubt that I will do it again unless it is with a cool group.
It is a trail I won't be doing again anytime soon. It was basically 47 miles of horribly chewed up trail. I spent most of the trail on the bump stops. I did it as a pre-run for an upcoming camping trip. I told the guys that I was with that if they still planned on that trail for the camping trip, I wouldn't be joining them.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.