Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 917 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #13741
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

it also filters out ****, ****, ******, ****, *******, ****er, ****ing, *****, dick, and a few others

Unread 07-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #13742
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I have really noticed that the DB driving style increases triple fold as you get closer to a nicer neighborhood. When I say nicer neighborhood I am talking about 400k + in today's market. It seems like half of the db's that I see when I am out and about get off 95 at the Summerlin Parkway exit.
Yep I take the Summerlin Pkwy everyday I know what you mean! The dbs in the beamers are the worst! Tailgating half way to the left of cars like they're going to pass on the shoulder
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #13743
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
About 45 minutes ago I saw two big pickups hit each other on the on ramp to 95 South at Sahara. Of course, one of these mensas tried to ****** his way ahead of the other by diving into the lane at the last second. They both hopped out of their trucks and about came to blows, but in typical ****** fashion they left their trucks blocking the whole on ramp while they discussed their respective problems. "If I can't be first on this here ramp, ain't none of ya'll gonna use it!"

Edit: Apparently the filter doesn't like the word starting with a d that also describes a feminine hygiene product.
No pictures?
Unread 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #13744
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I-15 NB past apex
image-2616030376.jpg   image-3371393012.jpg   image-258890127.jpg   image-1036811969.jpg  
Unread 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #13745
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

US95 SB at eastern. Pics aren't great, I was driving!
image-2104577458.jpg   image-3320256015.jpg  
Unread 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #13746
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The one on NB 15 had 2 fatalities. The medical helicopter showed up, but just hovered for 20-30 seconds and then left! sucks
Unread 07-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #13747
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow!
Unread 07-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #13748
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

News is reporting four people in the truck, two died, one air lifted, the other by ambulance. The helicopter I saw may have been a news chopper and the medical one was gone before I got to the scene. It had to have happened maybe five-ten minutes before I got there. Hope the other two do ok.
Unread 07-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #13749
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Wow that's crazy. Today is a day for accidents apparently.

Stay safe out there folks.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #13750
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Do you not get titles when buying offroad vehicles in Nevada? Both my bikes and the rolling chassis have titles for them. None were bought here though so I just don't know and it's an honest question.

Cali Green sticker funds goes towards closing down riding areas for the most part it seems.

Are you sure you're American with a comment like that?
If bought in Nv you get a certificate of origin not a nv title.
Too many toys?!?!?
Four quads in for each kid one for me and the wife. RZR for family outings lol
Snow mobile for me
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #13751
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I guess I need to talk to one of the local dealers about what I need to do to get my quads legal. My problem is going to be that I have a signed title from when I bought one... I never got a title put in my name from Texas because frankly who gives a rats ***. Guess it is a good thing that I bought it off a friend and I still have his contact info if I have to get any signatures.
Unread 07-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #13752
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I guess I need to talk to one of the local dealers about what I need to do to get my quads legal. My problem is going to be that I have a signed title from when I bought one... I never got a title put in my name from Texas because frankly who gives a rats ***. Guess it is a good thing that I bought it off a friend and I still have his contact info if I have to get any signatures.
As long as its signed you should fine
Unread 07-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #13753
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

I've also been cut off by him a few times on the highway. Sorry if you can't handle following the rules but believe it or not I actually drive the speed limits around town. Maybe 5 over but for the most part I just cruise. I've also noticed people want to drag race. Yesterday I guess I didn't take off from the red light with enough throttle for the guy behind me so he passes me just to pull back right in front of me with no cars in his lane or anywhere in front of us just so he can hit the next light red. Pointless!!!
I had a co-worker ask me why I drove so slowly on 95 up to the Springs. I explained that after I get up above 65, my gas mileage goes into the crapper. She said "yeah but it takes so long going that slow.". Then I did some simple math for her and showed her that when we got off 95 at Durango, I am probably the next light after her. Today on the way home, she was sitting behind me doing 65 just like I was. :laugh

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #13754
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
No pictures?
Wouldn't have gotten a clear shot.
Unread 07-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #13755
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You own a jeep, gas mileage should not be a thought, of course it's gonna suck. Andy is not the first one to talk about gas mileage, but I do not even understand why it is ever part of a conversation as a jeep owner. Unless you're like "yes, I got almost 15mpg going down hill with a tailwind on my way home from the trail." Heck ask Khris about the time he got 60 miles to the tank! Haha

IMO the new jeeps (2007 and newer) has brought on a new breed of jeep owner that are a bit concerned with the wrong things (leather, seat warmers, power everything, fuel efficiency, etc.) and do not know what it's like to truly drive a Jeep. Jeeps are meant to be rugged, meant to make a man be a man, not turn him into the next Elton John! Haha. With that said this does not pertain to every newer Jeep owner but from who I've met it seems to represent the vast majority!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.