Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 916 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #13726
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
http://kvvu.m0bl.net/r/14anj3

Has anyone talked to Ysb tonight? Maybe even Khris?
Sounds like YSB's meds made him nuts again.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #13727
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Sounds like YSB's meds made him nuts again.
He does have a short fuse! They probably said something about his 4-banger!!! Lol
Unread 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #13728
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
Make sure you bring a winch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I got a hi-!ift he can use.
See once again, wrong tools for the job. Oxy/Acy torch and a saw-z-all will be much more efficient at pulling a set of axles out!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #13729
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Whoa ... hold on a minute. I've done my fair share of rock crawling. I do hit a lot of trails that aren't highly technically to see what's out there, but I've done my fair share of waterfalls and rock gardens too.
Like I said, no offense was meant, I was basing it mostly on what I've seen exploring your page which 95% of I'd take my truck down which is 2wd...

Unread 07-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #13730
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Plus you get a tittle now
Do you not get titles when buying offroad vehicles in Nevada? Both my bikes and the rolling chassis have titles for them. None were bought here though so I just don't know and it's an honest question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Yeah but what does it go towards? Back in MN i paid 35 a year for my raptor, but we had awesome trails with maps and signs on the trails, parking lots, trail workers that clear fallen trees ect. Here you will get a title and the desert to go try to find crappy rocky trails.
Cali Green sticker funds goes towards closing down riding areas for the most part it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Math = you have too many toys!
Are you sure you're American with a comment like that?

Unread 07-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #13731
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
http://kvvu.m0bl.net/r/14anj3

Has anyone talked to Ysb tonight? Maybe even Khris?
Oh I forgot to mention, silver tacoma... License plate "hyofcer" He's on my list with "wythot" now too for douchbag on the road! Funny part is I know where this dude works cause I see his truck a couple times a week! I see it enough to know he starts work at 6:30 and I think he sets his alarm for 6:25 cause he's the a-hole that has to blow everyone else off the road to get there on time.

Freeway offramp, left lane turns left, right lane turns right. No right turn on red. Probably about 10 cars in the right lane, none in the left. So he rolls all the way up the left lane and then proceeds to turn right on red across the front of everyone waiting to make the right turn legally.

I've also been cut off by him a few times on the highway. Sorry if you can't handle following the rules but believe it or not I actually drive the speed limits around town. Maybe 5 over but for the most part I just cruise. I've also noticed people want to drag race. Yesterday I guess I didn't take off from the red light with enough throttle for the guy behind me so he passes me just to pull back right in front of me with no cars in his lane or anywhere in front of us just so he can hit the next light red. Pointless!!!

Maybe I'm just too chill of a driver since I'm never in a hurry and don't push my right pedal to the floor ever. Like I said, a while back, I do my stupid crap in the dirt where it's allowed for the most part. Wanna hall ***, take your race car to the track or your truck to the dirt. Oh that's right, 99% of the people out there think they're fast when in reality they're a joke...

I had some dude talking all this and that about how amazing his truck was and how fast it was in the dirt and that he can't find anyone to run with cause his truck is too fast. I told him I've got a truck that's decent in the dirt and would like to go on a run with him. He showed up with a supercharged V8 chevy 1500, sweet!!!! Should be fast!!! Except for the fabtech bolt on lift kit part. I pulled up and he made some excuse why he couldn't go on the run...

LOL

Unread 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #13732
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Like I said, no offense was meant, I was basing it mostly on what I've seen exploring your page which 95% of I'd take my truck down which is 2wd...
No prob. Mostly I don't want people to go out and get stuck and then blame me. As a result, I don't post a lot of side roads or highly technical trails that are best left for trips guided by experienced people.
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #13733
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have really noticed that the DB driving style increases triple fold as you get closer to a nicer neighborhood. When I say nicer neighborhood I am talking about 400k + in today's market. It seems like half of the db's that I see when I am out and about get off 95 at the Summerlin Parkway exit.
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #13734
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I have really noticed that the DB driving style increases triple fold as you get closer to a nicer neighborhood. When I say nicer neighborhood I am talking about 400k + in today's market. It seems like half of the db's that I see when I am out and about get off 95 at the Summerlin Parkway exit.
X2 my in laws live around there and the people drive like a-holes. What is funny is that they think I'm going to lose if their $80,000 Porsche hits my $20,000 truck.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #13735
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
X2 my in laws live around there and the people drive like a-holes. What is funny is that they think I'm going to lose if their $80,000 Porsche hits my $20,000 truck.
Particularly if you only have $50k in liability insurance.
Unread 07-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #13736
sirhk100

Davidson, totally makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
LOL, exactly!!! The bumpers on my explorer are decent and I've got $5K into it so I win a majority of the time if a DB driver gets tangled with me... Kinda like 2 friday nights ago when a toyota corolla introduced itself to my rear pass corner bumper on the expo. LOL, That jerk scratched the krylon!!! Can you believe that crap???!!! LOL Cost him a head light, turn signal and fender. Oh well, his fault, pay the price...

I'm not sure where the ratio of DB drivers goes up vs. down, I just know out of San Diego, Humboldt County (NorCal), Northern Az and Vegas... Vegas hands down wins for idiot drivers without a doubt. Those are the places I've lived and can vouch for driving styles. LOL

I'm still hoping and a bit excited for the day someone rear ends my truck!!! I actually wouldn't mind rear ending someone myself (shut up pervs!) but I don't want the claim against me! I mean really, with this as my rear structure, do you think I'm going to loose?

Even if they do tweak and bend some of the cage work I won't complain cause that'll give me my excuse to cut out the spare tire mounts and set it up to hold 35's instead of the 33's I've limited it for. LOL

Unread 07-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #13737
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

There is a nasty accident on durango by centennial. They have the road closed but you can see a car nosed into a wall and it hit pretty hard
Unread 07-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #13738
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
There is a nasty accident on durango by centennial. They have the road closed but you can see a car nosed into a wall and it hit pretty hard
Yah I just had to get detoured around it.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #13739
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Davidson, totally makes sense!

LOL, exactly!!! The bumpers on my explorer are decent and I've got $5K into it so I win a majority of the time if a DB driver gets tangled with me... Kinda like 2 friday nights ago when a toyota corolla introduced itself to my rear pass corner bumper on the expo. LOL, That jerk scratched the krylon!!! Can you believe that crap???!!! LOL Cost him a head light, turn signal and fender. Oh well, his fault, pay the price...

I'm not sure where the ratio of DB drivers goes up vs. down, I just know out of San Diego, Humboldt County (NorCal), Northern Az and Vegas... Vegas hands down wins for idiot drivers without a doubt. Those are the places I've lived and can vouch for driving styles. LOL

I'm still hoping and a bit excited for the day someone rear ends my truck!!! I actually wouldn't mind rear ending someone myself (shut up pervs!) but I don't want the claim against me! I mean really, with this as my rear structure, do you think I'm going to loose?

Even if they do tweak and bend some of the cage work I won't complain cause that'll give me my excuse to cut out the spare tire mounts and set it up to hold 35's instead of the 33's I've limited it for. LOL
Your truck won't loose but your body will. All of the force is not going to be absorbed my the crumple zones, it will be absorbed into your body.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #13740
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

About 45 minutes ago I saw two big pickups hit each other on the on ramp to 95 South at Sahara. Of course, one of these mensas tried to ****** his way ahead of the other by diving into the lane at the last second. They both hopped out of their trucks and about came to blows, but in typical ****** fashion they left their trucks blocking the whole on ramp while they discussed their respective problems. "If I can't be first on this here ramp, ain't none of ya'll gonna use it!"

Edit: Apparently the filter doesn't like the word starting with a d that also describes a feminine hygiene product.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.