Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 906 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #13576
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It is difficult to find stock parts for. It is the easiest thing in the world to find other parts for. If you pop an axle and can't find replacement parts, you throw in a different axle. Leaf springs are easy. All I would do to it is paint it so that it looks okay, lock it up, and then beat the hell out of it. I like the way that ksturgio thinks about it. Rip the roof off it, build a cage and go to town.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #13577
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I want to keep the top for now, so no chop chop for now. And as far as parts go, they are easy to get cheap. My axles are strong enough for what i'm going to do with it for now, and if one pops 1 ton ford axles are going under it. This is not a daily driver so quirks with having a welded rear diff are not a concern. And besides, lots of guys run spools in they're rigs with no major issues. My only issue right now is vapor lock, and im going to do like Marn said a run an electric fuel pump and rerun the line under the hood to try and fix the problem. I can drive around town all I want right now but its hell to drive up a long grade.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #13578
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I want to keep the top for now, so no chop chop for now. And as far as parts go, they are easy to get cheap. My axles are strong enough for what i'm going to do with it for now, and if one pops 1 ton ford axles are going under it. This is not a daily driver so quirks with having a welded rear diff are not a concern. And besides, lots of guys run spools in they're rigs with no major issues. My only issue right now is vapor lock, and im going to do like Marn said a run an electric fuel pump and rerun the line under the hood to try and fix the problem. I can drive around town all I want right now but its hell to drive up a long grade.
It will still be a heavy beast with a six cylinder. I would still say try to get rid of it before you start doing stuff that can't be undone. I still think that welded rear isn't going to last long driving to an from trails.
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #13579
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
It will still be a heavy beast with a six cylinder. I would still say try to get rid of it before you start doing stuff that can't be undone. I still think that welded rear isn't going to last long driving to an from trails.
That depends on the strength of the rear end vs. the amount of traction. I have a buddy in Houston with a full spool 9" rear on his Mustang. It sees street duty to and from the dragstrip. Even running street slicks, he has never popped a shaft.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #13580
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sirhk100 has a spooled rear in his truck and he drives it on the street with no problems. A posi rearend should serve puck just fine if it's a beat em up trail rig.

FYI for his paint job the 99 cent rattle cans should do the trick, I'm thinking he could do the whole paint job for far less than $100 with supplies and it would probably look decent if the prep is done right and he takes his time.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #13581
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Sirhk100 has a spooled rear in his truck and he drives it on the street with no problems.
I would like to know how well that handles on a long travel truck like his. Speaking of, has anybody heard from Khris lately?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #13582
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I would like to know how well that handles on a long travel truck like his. Speaking of, has anybody heard from Khris lately?
Talked to him yesterday. I've ridden in the truck, and as a passenger I didn't notice it, if you go back in this thread he talks about it a few times and how it handles and such.
Unread 07-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #13583
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

He isn't jeeping anymore, so he doesn't care about his old jeeping folk guys! He's all bout the ford and yota friends now! hope the xploder is coming along well!
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #13584
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Actually Powr he just hangs out with the cool people from here! Haha
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:11 AM   #13585
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That would explain why he hasn't spoken to me in a while! I'm one of the ones that everyone goes "oh, HIM" when my name is mentioned?
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #13586
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
That would explain why he hasn't spoken to me in a while! I'm one of the ones that everyone goes "oh, HIM" when my name is mentioned?
Why is there a question mark on that? Of course that's what everyone says when you pull up in the sunkist mobile! Haha
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #13587
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

And you're the big cherry? A virgin every time? at least I can claim redneck orange like the general! Lol
Unread 07-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #13588
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Alright you two, knock it off. And Powr, as much as id like to get what I want, i'm already into this Cherokee enough to want to keep it. My plans are set, budget set, now just have to work and save. $3500 will get it where I want it for now. After the vapor lock is addressed, the lift kit and welded diff is next. After that 35's, then manual hubs and front locker.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #13589
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Saw a fuel injection kit in the 4wd hardware catalog. I'll dbl check and let u know price. It's a complete kit.
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #13590
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nevermind, it's $1200! Like marn said, go with a good electric pump. I've got a lot of stainless tubing in 3/8 if you need to go with a bigger fuel line. May help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.