Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 901 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 07-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #13501
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Just heard from the gaudin ford on my truck. Turns out it was a bad misfire on cylinder 8. They recommended new spark plugs and coils for $872. I plan on doing it myself. I know about the issue with the 2 piece spark plugs breaking. Has anyone done this before or have the tool to remove the broken plugs? Any help would be appreciated and compensated.
Be very very careful with those plugs on a 3V 5.4. I'll try to dig up some info tomorrow, I know the tool is made by Lisle. I've seen quite a few come in on the hook because "I can change them, they're only spark plugs!"
I'll try to find the tsb too.

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #13502
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball

Be very very careful with those plugs on a 3V 5.4. I'll try to dig up some info tomorrow, I know the tool is made by Lisle. I've seen quite a few come in on the hook because "I can change them, they're only spark plugs!"
I'll try to find the tsb too.
Thanks bud. I've read up on em and the FSM procedure on getting them out. I just know with my luck I'll break 4 out 8. I know the tool Is like $60 I'll probably order one tonight.
I'm guessing it will either go very smooth or I will f myself.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #13503
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
I looked at the last Gun Show and the prices seemed comparable to the stores. IIRC, I saw Bitteroot Valley factory reloads or 289 for 1000 223. Anyone ever try their stuff?
I have no experience, apparently powerjunky does, but i 100% always have and always will avoid gunshow reloads like the plague. heard WAYYYYY too many horror stories.

I buy new ammo, or quality factory reloads. and I've only bought factory reloads once. but i bought them from a place i knew would help me out and honor their product (new frontier)

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #13504
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That bitterroot valley place is at every cash an center gun show I've been to for a while. They are in the back left corner(usually) I havent had/heard of any issues with them. I've heard of other places, but not usually the regulars.
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #13505
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

I have no experience, apparently powerjunky does, but i 100% always have and always will avoid gunshow reloads like the plague. heard WAYYYYY too many horror stories.

I buy new ammo, or quality factory reloads. and I've only bought factory reloads once. but i bought them from a place i knew would help me out and honor their product (new frontier)
I reload and I don't like to let people shoot my reloads just because I don't want any kind of problem. It's not worth losing a friend over. In my experience reloading is just about quality control, and even though you have a progressive dillon press doesn't mean you don't need to check your powder drop. I have 400 rds of .41 that I reloaded, and so far 1 out of every 5 doesn't have enough powder. My own fault and it is going to be a huge PITA fixing that mess.
Unread 07-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #13506
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

I reload and I don't like to let people shoot my reloads just because I don't want any kind of problem. It's not worth losing a friend over. In my experience reloading is just about quality control, and even though you have a progressive dillon press doesn't mean you don't need to check your powder drop. I have 400 rds of .41 that I reloaded, and so far 1 out of every 5 doesn't have enough powder. My own fault and it is going to be a huge PITA fixing that mess.
I've had issues with my dillon doing the same thing. It's like the powder measure doesn't close completely and short charges the next round in the sequence. Mine does it about 1 in 10. It was a used and very old press that I've replaced parts on and have finally gotten it close.
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #13507
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
This

This is Polkas last post in this thread.

I thought you were joking but maybe you touched a nerve? That or maybe Polka just doesn't have anything to say?
I don't think that would have pissed him off, he seems pretty thick skinned and takes **** as good as he dishes it out.

New Hampshire has been pretty awesome aside from a large majority of the locals having. telephone pole for a family tree. We are in Conn right now and I still cannot grasp hitting 4 states during a 3 hour drive. Good vacation so far considering it has been with the in-laws.
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #13508
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

View from the in-laws porch

forumrunner_20120709_233912.jpg
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #13509
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
That's awesome...till the water rises? It would be great to have a place like that! If it's far enough away from peeps, I'd be shooting some birds for dinner!
Unread 07-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #13510
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I hope they kayak or canoe. Makes me really miss Maine.
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #13511
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

We went down a portion on rafts and it was perry cool. I was thinking the whole time how fun a kayak would have been. Her parents are a little too old and out of shape for a kayak. It is a good 25 ft elevation change from their house to the water, so they are pretty safe from the water. But they did say that last year the water came up to the road, which is half way.

The cool thing is that they took an old railroad track and turned it into an atv/snowmobile trail system. The trail runs through the back side of their property, so you can go from the garage to trail in 30 seconds. I will try to get some pictures of a few covered bridges too. God I wish we had the jeep here
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #13512
4x4Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
That bitterroot valley stuff is awesome! I've used their 223, 204, 357. I'm completely happy with it!
A fella at work swears by them. I plan on trying some of their 223.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2012, 11:02 AM   #13513
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
We went down a portion on rafts and it was perry cool. I was thinking the whole time how fun a kayak would have been. Her parents are a little too old and out of shape for a kayak. It is a good 25 ft elevation change from their house to the water, so they are pretty safe from the water. But they did say that last year the water came up to the road, which is half way.

The cool thing is that they took an old railroad track and turned it into an atv/snowmobile trail system. The trail runs through the back side of their property, so you can go from the garage to trail in 30 seconds. I will try to get some pictures of a few covered bridges too. God I wish we had the jeep here
In Brunswick there is an old suspension foot bridge across the river that is pretty cool. Then if you go upstream a few hundred yards there is a railroad/car bridge that goes across. The car bridge is underneath the rails and is only wide enough for 1 car. It is pretty sketchy driving across a hundred year old wooden bridge, but If it can support a train a car is fine. I wish I would have taken more pics while I was out there.
Unread 07-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #13514
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Double post my bad.
Unread 07-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #13515
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

work work work! so much work to do, so little time for jeep forum...

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.