Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 891 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #13351
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Were you high!? What were you thinking?? That must have been one heck of a miserable trip!
No, not high, but I needed to move from NH to NV and I couldn't really carry my vehicle and all my personal belongings on a plane, now could I?

So much stuff in it that we couldnt recline either seat. Plus there was a mtn bike hanging off the rack on the spare...

2500 miles and 4 days later, we arrived....

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #13352
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

One day I will ride a motorcycle coast to coast Cali to Maine. It I ever go I will probably be by myself as the wife will not touch a bike. I still kick myself for selling my triumph to help fund the wedding. Don't get me wrong I love my wife, but we spent way to much. Even she admits she would have rather just had our parents come then having a big reception. Oh well.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #13353
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
One day I will ride a motorcycle coast to coast Cali to Maine. It I ever go I will probably be by myself as the wife will not touch a bike. I still kick myself for selling my triumph to help fund the wedding. Don't get me wrong I love my wife, but we spent way to much. Even she admits she would have rather just had our parents come then having a big reception. Oh well.
you'll do better next time

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #13354
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Kinda. Found out my grandpa has prostate cancer so we headed up to caliente to see him.

That seriously sucks. I am very sorry. My Mom has had cancer twice. Breast cancer the first time and is recovering from colon cancer now. She is currently in remission.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #13355
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Powr, I ordered new wheels for the Jeep on Saturday. If you want the wheel back that I got from you, let me know and we will figure out a way to get it to you.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #13356
sirhk100

F-Cancer!!!

I've done the drive from Caliente to Vegas the last two summers in a row. I'm skipping the race up there this year. Last year's dirt bike race up there was brutal! I quit half way thru cause I didn't like the idea of heat stroke and was watching people just get the crap kicked out of them all day! I was just tossing water over my head about every 5-10 minutes the whole way home in the jeep.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #13357
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Powr, I ordered new wheels for the Jeep on Saturday. If you want the wheel back that I got from you, let me know and we will figure out a way to get it to you.
Yeah, if I can I'd like to buy it back. Let me know and we an work it out.
Unread 07-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #13358
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Thanks guys. He is doing pretty good more shocked then anything. They gave him 3-5 yrs untreated. He is going to the huntsman cancer institute is SLC for treatment. He has had a good life. He has been retired longer then he worked. For the last 17yrs he has lived in Caliente hunting fishing or golfing every day.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #13359
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well ill send some thoughts and prayers his/your family's way.

Unread 07-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #13360
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks guys. He is doing pretty good more shocked then anything. They gave him 3-5 yrs untreated. He is going to the huntsman cancer institute is SLC for treatment. He has had a good life. He has been retired longer then he worked. For the last 17yrs he has lived in Caliente hunting fishing or golfing every day.
My pop had prostate cancer, they caught it early, the docs in SLC put the little radiation things down there in the right spots and it seems to be gone now. Took a while but he's fine now. Hope he gets better!

Oh and btw, Us Ely natives call it "Kallee ennee" without the t
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #13361
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball

My pop had prostate cancer, they caught it early, the docs in SLC put the little radiation things down there in the right spots and it seems to be gone now. Took a while but he's fine now. Hope he gets better!

Oh and btw, Us Ely natives call it "Kallee ennee" without the t
Hahaha I totally had it typed out as 'cali-any' the first time.

Unread 07-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #13362
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988jeepyj View Post
Hey Vegas people, I'm looking for a family roll bar for my 88 yj, anyone have a lead on anything? Would be willing to swap my sport bar for one or just buy it outright. Thanks!
I have a normal roll bar out of a 93 if you want it to chop up and weld to yours?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #13363
1988jeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

I have a normal roll bar out of a 93 if you want it to chop up and weld to yours?
I don't need to chop up, just want the rear family bars. Want the rear shoulder belts for the kids. Can u pm me or email me at dtsanger@gmail.com. Thanks!!!!
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #13364
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Doc what part of NH are you from? Headed that way this week to visit the in laws
Unread 07-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #13365
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
It's Baby Marn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.