Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#17,801 ·
#17,804 ·
So final stats, currie housing with 5/16" thick axle tubes with a truss custom shaped by Andy, spool, 6.0 gears, 35 spline axles, toyota factory sealed wheel bearings and toyota FJ factory rear brakes. I think it will do it's job quite nicely! (yes there's a lug missing... I just need to press it back in.)

#17,809 ·
I should be anywhere besides looking at these monitors.

I bought some plasti dip yesterday. I want to see how it looks on my door hinges. I need something to cover up all of the rock chips on my back door hinges.

There you go Khris, design something that is low cost and does not look cheesy to protect the hinges on JK's from rock chips. I just broke 20k miles and mine look like arse.

#17,810 ·
gregaf3 said:
I should be anywhere besides looking at these monitors.

I bought some plasti dip yesterday. I want to see how it looks on my door hinges. I need something to cover up all of the rock chips on my back door hinges.

There you go Khris, design something that is low cost and does not look cheesy to protect the hinges on JK's from rock chips. I just broke 20k miles and mine look like arse.
Rock chips on your door hinges....that's cute.You 'new car' people worry about the funniest things

#17,812 ·
For the record we should all be on a beach in baja right now waiting for a whole crap load of race vehicles to come flying by!
This I agree with! While I can't go to Baja anytime soon (it is on my bucket list) one of these days, maybe Khris will tell me when there is going to be a race close by that I could go see.

#17,814 ·
Anyone here watch the doomsday preppers? Or better yet anyone doing it? Ya'll have ur guns but what about the rest?
Guns is one thing, but I'm not about to publically broadcast my plans and or supplies for the end of the world.

#17,815 ·
Jan 12th at stateline but it won't be a really good spectator race. A really good one to watch would be Feb 23 & 24 at stateline. Usually has a really high entry number and the course is usually 10-12 miles in length so you get to see all the vehicles quite a few times both days. On top of that they use the **** jump in that race. What's the **** jump? Here's a sample of it from this year.

We're on schedule to race the Jan race and if the truck survives and I can turn prep in time we'll be racing the Feb race also.

#17,818 ·
Raptor0206 said:
Anyone here watch the doomsday preppers? Or better yet anyone doing it? Ya'll have ur guns but what about the rest?
I would tell you but then you would come to my place when fit hits the shan. That is if I have a place.
Seriously though I have some food stored as well as water, ammo, and some other survival type stuff but nothing crazy. I have a good friend that rents a crappy apartment here in the valley but has a kick a cabin in Utah where he is one of those nut job doomsday people. He has a 1000 gallon diesel store and a few 100 gallons of gas. Gas masks, bomb shelter the whole 9 yards. Including gold and silver and countless rounds of ammo. Growing up he was very normal within the last 5 or so years he has changed quite a bit.

#17,819 ·
sirhk100 said:
Jan 12th at stateline but it won't be a really good spectator race. A really good one to watch would be Feb 23 & 24 at stateline. Usually has a really high entry number and the course is usually 10-12 miles in length so you get to see all the vehicles quite a few times both days. On top of that they use the **** jump in that race. What's the **** jump? Here's a sample of it from this year.

Video Link:

We're on schedule to race the Jan race and if the truck survives and I can turn prep in time we'll be racing the Feb race also.

A family friend competes in a few races out there at least he did last year. I will be down to spectate as long as my schedule is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.