Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 89 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 09-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #1321
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Something like a wrangler only club just sounds elitist to me? Heaven forbid my jeep has a v8 and 4 doors, lol.
I have a four doors and they let me join, and if I ever get the money I might drop a hemi in it for good measure, but I'm more likely to go with a bolt on supercharger. I don't run with them a lot because of scheduling issues.

But, that raises a great idea ... maybe I should start a club which consists entirely of attorneys driving supercharged JKU Rubicons.

Unread 09-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #1322
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Mikesw- you hit the nail on the head here. Something is to be said about a club of one make rolling 10, 20, 50 deep on a trail. It looks bad ***. They are not excluding everyone else all the time, they are just excluding them once in a while, nothing wrong with that. I know it sucks not being picked for baseball, but we can all play kickball!
I thought you meant about the FJ's
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 03:35 AM   #1323
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I see your point Dr.Marneus and that's why I never joined some groups down here in Vegas for the reason a lot are elitists and they want you to pay!! Why the hell would I pay to go on a run or join?

And that's why I like the warmachines as we just go out and have fun. No fees just wheeling.

Up in WA a lot of people are elitists, if you have a jeep (yota, etc) you DON'T talk to yota boaters or Chevy's you only wheel with jeeps or what your vehicle is. But I don't care as long as you have an offroad truck.
Unread 09-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #1324
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a Dell monitor, if you don't have a Dell monitor for your computer please do not read my post!!! I just like to go out and wheel. I prefer to do it with others incase anything happens, but most of the time we just end up going out by ourselves. We mostly do popular routes or easier trails.

Trust me I would like to go out with people, but by the time I get two kids in the jeep it is time to go. I cannot stop and wait for 20 jeeps to get over one rock then stop and talk about it for half an hour. I need to keep moving before the little brats get restless and cranky!!
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #1325
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
... maybe I should start a club which consists entirely of attorneys driving supercharged JKU Rubicons.
Looks like you have a Napolean thing going there. Channel 8 already crowned you Jeep King!
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #1326
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Years ago, when I was doing well financially, someone called me an elitist. It was only then that I knew I had finally arrived. I was somebody!
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #1327
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
Dude you are taking this way to personal….lol. Yes they only allow wranglers on a once a month run the rest of the time anything goes. I did belong to a car specific club, one of the largest car clubs in the world. I am sure you heard of the PCA Porsche Club of America. A bunch of the biggest snobby dickheads you have ever met, made me hate the car. But it’s not the same here. Met some lifelong friends, we do more fun runs than anything else that include any yr model make 4x4. So if you’re getting bent out of shapeover a Specific car/jeep club wants to hang with their own one a mo. you gotta lighten up a little. Think of it as its fun to hang with the ladys....we call them FJ's ..lol......And sometimes you want hang with the Guys....Wranglers......lol
I'm not taking it personal or getting bent out of shape, I was saying thats why I dont join alot of clubs. Also, nobody mentioned they have a once per month "only wranglers" thing, y'all just said all they let join is wranglers.

I don't really care, I'm not a member and I've never tried and been denied, so I have no hard feelings, I was just stating my thoughts on the idea of an exclusive club.

If I wanted to join a club or have alot of people exactly like me, I definitely would not have bought a old *** wagoneer, haha.

And no, I've never heard of The porsche thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Dr. Marn, the trails I've been posting would be fine for your wagon. There are a few spots where 4Lo was needed, but nothing that was dangerous. Some of the trails ended where the GPS showed it continued and we had to turn around. Turning was safer than sliding the Jeep down backwards. The biggest issue I would see for you would be turning clearance.
Yeah, turning is about the only issue, but I've been fine "Austin Powers" turning a few times. The truck is fine, decent clearance and 4lo + v8 = plenty of crawling ability, just no flex...sad. I've had it up and over potato ridge without issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
But, that raises a great idea ... maybe I should start a club which consists entirely of attorneys driving supercharged JKU Rubicons.
Well you cant join my Landscape Architect Wagoneer Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I see your point Dr.Marneus and that's why I never joined some groups down here in Vegas for the reason a lot are elitists and they want you to pay!! Why the hell would I pay to go on a run or join?

And that's why I like the warmachines as we just go out and have fun. No fees just wheeling.

Up in WA a lot of people are elitists, if you have a jeep (yota, etc) you DON'T talk to yota boaters or Chevy's you only wheel with jeeps or what your vehicle is. But I don't care as long as you have an offroad truck.
I can't see paying either, but I understand clubs make things like shirts and hve BBQ's or do trail cleanups or something that can cost money. Again, I'm just not big on the whole "organization" aspect of a club. Plus I don't think I'd like sitting in a line with 10 or 30 rigs as have been posted here before.

When I go wheelin I'll post up here and try to get 5 or 6 jeeps, just want a few people to enjoy the scenery with is all.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #1328
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

This house is gettin on Fire.
Club or No Club, Wheelin is our passion. That's one thing we all have in common. Can we all put it aside.
...More Pics of wheelin Please. At least we can all agree to that.
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #1329
blazepsi
2001 WJ 

YSB... Your Asian? from where? I use to live in Asia too..
blazepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #1330
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Well you cant join my Landscape Architect Wagoneer Club!
If my club comes down the road and finds your club stuck in a ditch, we'll pull you out, as long as you sign a liability release.
Unread 09-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #1331
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks like you have a Napolean thing going there. Channel 8 already crowned you Jeep King!
I'm much taller than Napolean.
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #1332
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazepsi View Post
YSB... Your Asian? from where? I use to live in Asia too..
My parents are both from the Philippines, so of course, I look like them. I'm a first generation American born in my family. I'm rocking the American flag on both sides of my Jeep. Reality is, I'm probably the whitest guy you'll ever meet. Bon Jovi rules!

What makes this funnier is just the other day, I saw another Asian guy driving a Jeep and thought, "That was weird.".
Unread 09-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #1333
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Today we were exploring around Sky Ranch which is west of Goodsprings. Just before we got to the trail, we realized we forgot our camera. No pictures to share today.

Since I couldn't take any pictures I was hoping today would suck and we wouldn't see anything cool. I have a terrible memory so it'll be like it never happened. Every time my wife would point at something that was cool I would say, "Yeah, that sucks.". I hate seeing cool things and not having a camera.
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #1334
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Today we were exploring around Sky Ranch which is west of Goodsprings. Just before we got to the trail, we realized we forgot our camera. No pictures to share today.

Since I couldn't take any pictures I was hoping today would suck and we wouldn't see anything cool. I have a terrible memory so it'll be like it never happened. Every time my wife would point at something that was cool I would say, "Yeah, that sucks.". I hate seeing cool things and not having a camera.
Do you work? Seems like every day you're out exploring.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #1335
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Not exploring everyday. Just Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

But to answer your question, no. I don't work. I had a series of TIA's (Transient Ischemic Attack). It's a type of stroke. Normally, the effects of a TIA are temporary, but I have them once in a while and each time takes a little bit more out of me. In my case, caused by a brain tumor.

I once had a very successful business and was even back in medical school. When I found myself on my phone Googling things a 1st year student should know, I knew it was time to give up that goal.

Physically, I appear fine. I'll often joke about my memory, but I can forget things just after they happen. So, if I ever meet any of you people, I tend to blurt things out. Not because I'm rude, but because if I don't say what I have to say the moment it pops in my head I'll forget it.

Sucks to know that I've already seen my best day. Financially we struggle. Even with great insurance the bills are adding up. Oddly enough, I'm not at all depressed about my situation. I skipped all the stages of death and dying and went straight to acceptance.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.