Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 884 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #13246
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Great pics! Thanks for documenting the occasion and posting 'em up!
No problem

Unread 06-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #13247
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I'm spending the day in the a deposition in which the deponent is talking about modeling of concrete structures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
:snore:
What are you talking about? Concrete models are hot! Not quite Sasha Grey hot, but still hot.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #13248
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sasha gray...haven't thought about her in a while. I guess I know.what I'm doing tonight!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #13249
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Looked like it was a little lonely around here today. I just spent the last 2 hrs cleaning a black powder revolver. I only shot 6 balls through it an it was as dirty as shooting 1000 rds through a modern gun. It was a ton of fun to shoot but the clean up is awful.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #13250
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Sasha gray...haven't thought about her in a while. I guess I know.what I'm doing tonight!
Gonna rub one out? Maybe even two?
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #13251
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Looked like it was a little lonely around here today. I just spent the last 2 hrs cleaning a black powder revolver. I only shot 6 balls through it an it was as dirty as shooting 1000 rds through a modern gun. It was a ton of fun to shoot but the clean up is awful.
The good and bad thing about black powder....better make it count! But then again, they weren't terribly accurate, so you still sort of have to "spray and pray!" spray is a very loose term there. You could probably load and empty a 30 mag in an AR in the time it takes to load and fire that black powder gun! Still cool with the giant cloud of smoke though!
Unread 06-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #13252
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

The good and bad thing about black powder....better make it count! But then again, they weren't terribly accurate, so you still sort of have to "spray and pray!" spray is a very loose term there. You could probably load and empty a 30 mag in an AR in the time it takes to load and fire that black powder gun! Still cool with the giant cloud of smoke though!
It is rifled so it's pretty accurate. The trick is to make yourself hold your aim well after you pull the trigger because of the delay between hammer strike and lighting the powder. If you are fast you can load a revolver (6 rounds) in 5 mins. You should clean it every 24 shots or it can start to misfire.
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #13253
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

The power to tax is the power to destroy. Nothing is safe.
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #13254
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Tell me about it, we got the registration for the Jeep a few days ago... $538. That is freaking crazy. So glad that we only have to pay $39. But it just makes it that more of a pain in the arse if we decide to store it for 4 years while we go over seas. We only get the waiver if we are stationed here as non Nevada residents. Once we leave and we keep it with Nevada tags we have to pay the full registration. I think between now and when we leave, no matter how much I hate it, I am going to switch the registration over to Texas plates. At least that would only be $60 a year while we are gone.
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #13255
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Can't you just unregister it until you come back? I'm pretty sure you can pull a registration for a non-driven vehicle.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #13256
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think it is more of a domino type thing... It needs to be insured because I have a loan on it and I cannot insure it unless it is registered. That plus if we decide to store it, the father in-law will drive it from time to time to keep everything fresh and get the oil changed every year.

If we store it, we will have a low mileage JKUR that is paid off, then we should be able to buy some type of M series before we leave Europe through the exchange car buying service. It sounds good on paper, but we still do not know if we are even getting to go. The wife talked to someone she knows in Germany and he said that they had over 160 people on their inbound list... all got canceled except for 42. As of right now the odds are against us
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #13257
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ah-ha. I assumed it was paid off.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #13258
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

the military does not pay that good
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #13259
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
It is rifled so it's pretty accurate. The trick is to make yourself hold your aim well after you pull the trigger because of the delay between hammer strike and lighting the powder. If you are fast you can load a revolver (6 rounds) in 5 mins. You should clean it every 24 shots or it can start to misfire.
I've always been interested in BP guns. I think it'd be fun to own one. there seem to be plenty of inexpensive pistols out there.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #13260
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

It is a lot of fun. I've had a rifle since I was young and they can be very accurate. It is all about consistency with your powder and balls (if you choose to cast your own). The modern rifles use a .50 slug that is pretty reliable as far as ballistics go. Very fun and very smokey.

The pistols are a whole new thing for me. I got mine from cabelas for less then $100. That is also where I ordered my measure, flask, nipple wrench, balls, caps, and powder is usually cheapest at sportsmans. I'll have to bring it out some time and let some of you guys find a new hobby/money pit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.