Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 88 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 09-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #1306
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

For those who like to play along, todays adventure began here:
35°49'20.13"N , 115°28'51.16"W

This is just southwest of Goodsprings again. We've been exploring this area twice a week for the past few weeks and we still have miles and miles yet to explore.

This is road heading up to Table Mountain.

img_2023.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #1307
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is the first of many mines we entered today. We weren't the ones who broke out that barrier. It was already open and we did no further damage to it. That's my wife.
img_2045.jpg  
Unread 09-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #1308
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I thought those were rats in the mines. I'm pretty sure that's just a common field mouse.
img_2051.jpg  
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #1309
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That is the wee little town of Goodsprings down there. That long, fairly straight road off in the distance wasn't a pipeline road like I originally thought. There are pipelines that cross that road at several places, but I've since learned that it was the grading for a railroad that never happened.
img_2056.jpg  
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #1310
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

These fossils were found near the summit of Table Mountain. They appear to be some type of plant. If anyone here knows what it is, please let me know. I've been trying to research it since I got home without any success. I've found a few fossils online that look almost like it, but not quite.
img_2111.jpg  
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #1311
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We came across this badge on a random rock at the top of Table Mountain. I just happened to look down and saw it. Had it not been for luck, it would have been easily missed. There is nothing else around to indicate it's there and it only measured about three inches across. Amazing that it's been up there since 1934. Years before the US entered World War 2.
img_2118.jpg  

Last edited by YouStupidBunny; 09-27-2011 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: Forgot to attach image.
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #1312
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

The last mine we entered today. Damn graffiti.
img_2143.jpg  
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #1313
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Last picture for now. This was the view as we descended into the mine. This was, by far, the largest mine system we've come across locally. It went back several hundred yards and spanned at least 4 levels.

Just a quick message on mine safety. My wife and are are experienced cave explorers. If you don't know what to expect and are not properly equipped, better to not enter. There are so many different ways to die in there.
img_2193.jpg  
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #1314
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Last picture for now. This was the view as we descended into the mine. This was, by far, the largest mine system we've come across locally. It went back several hundred yards and spanned at least 4 levels.

Just a quick message on mine safety. My wife and are are experienced cave explorers. If you don't know what to expect and are not properly equipped, better to not enter. There are so many different ways to die in there.
If you guys ever go out on a Friday I would love to go with.
Unread 09-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #1315
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Seriously, I'd love some weekend exploring with an experienced guide. I can bring my own jeep and sidearm, of course!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 08:12 PM   #1316
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Yep, and they don't mean cowboys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
You should sue them! DavidsonLaw can help you get the paperwork started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
They're scared because pretty much every other Jeep is much better. They don't want to see what a real Jeep can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagsrover View Post
They also mostly do scenic runs. And until recently you weren't allowed to be lifted more than 4"
I understand having a club within a specific group, but stuff like that is honestly why I'm not part of a 4wd club.

Just because someone is lifted more than 4" or doesnt drive a wrangler doesnt mean they dont fit in with your group, or would be a burden or anything?

I honestly dont even think I'd join a JEEP specific club.

To me its about getting out there with people, having a good time, and enjoying with toys (jeep, toyota, ford, gm, whatever).

Something like a wrangler only club just sounds elitist to me? Heaven forbid my jeep has a v8 and 4 doors, lol.

I guess I just dont care what other people drive if they are similar minded or what have you. Kinda like nevada backroaders, sounds like exactly what desert wranglers does, except they let everyone join....

I like guns, but I'm going to form a Ruger only gun club....and not allowed to have any rugers that arent revolvers, and are above .38 caliber, because anything else is too extreme.

But then again, any given club has rules and regulations, which I have an issue with, so, that plays a part as well. I dont much like being told what to do in order to be part of somebody's little group.

K, sorry, ranting. Maybe I should focus this time and effort of typing to making my jeep work correctly

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #1317
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I understand having a club within a specific group, but stuff like that is honestly why I'm not part of a 4wd club.

Just because someone is lifted more than 4" or doesnt drive a wrangler doesnt mean they dont fit in with your group, or would be a burden or anything?

I honestly dont even think I'd join a JEEP specific club.

To me its about getting out there with people, having a good time, and enjoying with toys (jeep, toyota, ford, gm, whatever).

Something like a wrangler only club just sounds elitist to me? Heaven forbid my jeep has a v8 and 4 doors, lol.

I guess I just dont care what other people drive if they are similar minded or what have you. Kinda like nevada backroaders, sounds like exactly what desert wranglers does, except they let everyone join....

I like guns, but I'm going to form a Ruger only gun club....and not allowed to have any rugers that arent revolvers, and are above .38 caliber, because anything else is too extreme.

But then again, any given club has rules and regulations, which I have an issue with, so, that plays a part as well. I dont much like being told what to do in order to be part of somebody's little group.

K, sorry, ranting. Maybe I should focus this time and effort of typing to making my jeep work correctly
Dude you are taking this way to personal….lol. Yes they only allow wranglers on a once a month run the rest of the time anything goes. I did belong to a car specific club, one of the largest car clubs in the world. I am sure you heard of the PCA Porsche Club of America. A bunch of the biggest snobby dickheads you have ever met, made me hate the car. But it’s not the same here. Met some lifelong friends, we do more fun runs than anything else that include any yr model make 4x4. So if you’re getting bent out of shapeover a Specific car/jeep club wants to hang with their own one a mo. you gotta lighten up a little. Think of it as its fun to hang with the ladys....we call them FJ's ..lol......And sometimes you want hang with the Guys....Wranglers......lol
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #1318
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
If you guys ever go out on a Friday I would love to go with.
My only time available is Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Call in sick!
Unread 09-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #1319
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I want to join the Klan, but I'm Asian.

Dr. Marn, the trails I've been posting would be fine for your wagon. There are a few spots where 4Lo was needed, but nothing that was dangerous. Some of the trails ended where the GPS showed it continued and we had to turn around. Turning was safer than sliding the Jeep down backwards. The biggest issue I would see for you would be turning clearance.
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #1320
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mikesw- you hit the nail on the head here. Something is to be said about a club of one make rolling 10, 20, 50 deep on a trail. It looks bad ***. They are not excluding everyone else all the time, they are just excluding them once in a while, nothing wrong with that. I know it sucks not being picked for baseball, but we can all play kickball!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.